/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How reliable is askimam.org?

crayon
03-19-2009, 12:54 PM
How reliable is it?
What are some reliable sites for asking Islam related questions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
03-19-2009, 02:08 PM
:sl:
With any ask a scholar type site, you have to be careful. In my experience, it has always been best to speak with scholars/imaams in person. Too much is lost in text/on computer screen. Especially in regards to religious matters and hot topics.

I don't tend to use these types of sites (askimaam etc) much but if I do it's more of additional backing as opposed to the sole. Like, if I'm unsure about say interest in banking and one imaam site says 100% No, I won't automatically start thinking interest is 100% haraam. I'd take it into account certainly but these (religious) matters need careful examination.

AabiruSabeel
03-19-2009, 02:25 PM
:sl:

As bro aamirsaab has mentioned, it is always best to get your questions to the scholars in person. You may not be able to explain the problems or the question very clearly in writing. Moreover, if you meet a scholar in person, he may also ask for some more details, background info about your query, to help him arise at a better solution which more suitable to your particular case.

As regards to your question about askimam, it is a reliable source for questions related to Hanafi fiqh, as it is run by Madrasa In'amiyyah, South Africa.

:w:

crayon
03-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I agree with you guys, I generally just use online sites as extra info, rather than the main and only argument.
So askimam is reliable, thanks, that's good to know. I saw that it was run by that madrasa, but I'd never heard of it before, so I wasn't sure if it was credible or not.
Jazakum Allah khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.