/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Summer disaster: Summer jobs?

transition?
03-19-2009, 10:35 PM
I will be starting college/university/whatever you call it wherever you are this fall 2009.

I don't know how badly the recession will hurt my family. It seems really unpredictable for them.
I also want to visit my granny and do some social work in India, both things are dear to me.
Where ever I am, I am definitely going to be studying and reviewing old AP class concepts because of my cramming in the ol' days, I have not been able to retain much info.
Should I get a job this summer in case I might need even more help paying my tuition?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raynn~
03-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Don't worry, everything'll work out :)

Getting a summer job definitely wouldn't hurt, but when there are other things you really want, or need, to do before you go off to university.......
And you'll probably be able to get a part-time job, or work during the holidays even after you've started the course, to contribute as much as possible towards the tuition fees...these would be my first thoughts, anyway...

Good luck with it all, though! So where are you planning on going next year??

transition?
03-20-2009, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Raynn~
Don't worry, everything'll work out :)

Getting a summer job definitely wouldn't hurt, but when there are other things you really want, or need, to do before you go off to university.......
And you'll probably be able to get a part-time job, or work during the holidays even after you've started the course, to contribute as much as possible towards the tuition fees...these would be my first thoughts, anyway...

Good luck with it all, though! So where are you planning on going next year??
:asl:

That makes me feel a little better. That's true I can get a job during the semester. Tbh, lol, I have only a little clue where i'm going. I will know with in the next 2 weeks, where I got in. I was supposed to know one by this week!

Sister_22013
03-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Sis, have you considered applying to scholarships? they certainly won't hurt.
I think job during the summer is definitely a good idea. Personally, I don't like keeping a job during the semester as I just think its too much work, stressful but maybe you can handle it just fine. Is it possible you spend half the summer in India and the other half at home with a job?

Also, don't forget to make duaa that your family doesn't get affected inshAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
03-20-2009, 02:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muminin
Sis, have you considered applying to scholarships? they certainly won't hurt.
:sl: I agree, apply for financial aid as well inshaAllaah sis.

Also, you can try working on campus (ex. at a library) part-time?

You never really know, they might just give you a scholarship (maybe not even a full one) but it's still going to help you insha'Allaah. Especially since the economy is so bad, but some are suggesting that it might just pick up by the end of the year. :rollseyes Nevertheless, you should always take precautions, try working full time in the summer (if possible) and then get a job on campus?

InshaAllaah it all works out for you sis. Ahh, the stress of senior year. :exhausted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.