/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help with the answers

katya
03-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Please help me find the answers in my situation. I have been dating my boyfriend for 8 years almost. We are both Muslims, but, unfortunately, we do not follow all the rules.We did not enter into civil or religious marriage. I always had a very serious intentions towards him and warned him about that. We had good and bad times just like all other couples but never left each other. Also i must say that his mother in Azerbaijan is against me. When she came to visit him once and saw me, and told him that she would never except me just because i was not their nationality (I am half Tatar and half Russian) and because of her personal dislike, even though she did not even have time to get to know me. This was always a problem for us, because I know how he loves his mother and how important for him is to be in a good relationship with her and the rest of his family. We still stayed together. Now I became pregnant and I am so happy that God sent me a child, especially from him because I love him so much. He became so scared, because of the financial situation we are in, also because of his mom. He tried to talk to her, but she told him that even if a have 101 babies from her son, she is not going to except me. So he started to insist on abortion saying that before 5 weeks it's allowed to do it (but i know that you can only do it in rare situations if mother's health is endangered). I did not agree and decided to have a baby anyway no matter what happens. From his words, he tried to talk to his mother several times but she is just saying no and no without any reason. Now he left to his country, left me here by myself, and in a week called and said that he is not coming back and i can have this baby myself because i did not listen to him and did not get an abortion. I know that all this is happening because his mother does not want to except me, if it wasn't for her, he wouldn't say and do all this. I cannot describe the way i feel right now. This was my closest friend who i could trust and rely on for all these years, especially we were living in a different country and there was noone closer to me. I love him so much that I can't even breath now, i love him even after he had done all this to me and i an ready to forgive him. Also I know that we committed a big sin having a baby without being married, but those are intentions what matter. And now since this baby is going to be born (Inshalla) without him i don't know how to live anymore. I am completely lost and i don't want to exist without him. Also i am very angry at his mother, how can a person, claiming to be Muslim do this things towards others without any reasoning and explanation. She is hearting her son, me and this unborn baby, because there has been no day yet that i didn't cry and it all effects my baby. She could just give me a chance or i don't know, a trying period to see how i am, but just because of her caprice, because she wants to choose a bride for him I am in between life and death. I know that she shouldn't separate a family (even if we are not registered or did not have a religious wedding) without any reason, just because she personally doesn't like me, especially when Allah blessed us with the baby. Please, please explain me everything in details. I hope it will help me find myself and i would be able to enjoy life again. THank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
peaceandlove
03-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Well sister ,

you agree that you commit a sin OK , and if somebody being a Muslim also do some bad thing you said "how can a person, claiming to be Muslim do this things towards others without any reasoning and explanation" , is int strange? you by self do bad thing and when somebody else do this you are angry on him.

First i will say as you agreed you do a sin try to ask Allah forgiveness (do toobah), might be this happening to you because Allah does not like your act , so try to be a good Muslim , ask help from Allah .

Allah is very kind to his people , when people ask forgives from Allah , Allah forgive them and open the right paths for his people.

I pray to Allah to solve your problems?

tresbien
03-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Though if u get married now the child can not carry his father family name.He should marry u after u deliver the child.May ALLAh guide you and forgive all our sins.Going out with him and sleeping with him as stranger was a big mistake.If he dares to disobey God and ask you to kill the child what would u expect of him.
I am not blaming you but i remind my self and all brothers and sisters not to folow the footsteps of satan.Repent to ALLAH and cry to him he is the Most Gracious Most Merciful.

As regards family lineage, then he is not traced back to the fornicator or adulterer, rather, he is traced back to his mother if she was not married when she committed Zina (fornication or adultery), and he should be traced to the husband of his mother if she was married when she committed Zina. In any case, he is not traced back to the fornicator (or adulterer) whether or not his mother was married at the time of Zina, and he does not inherit him as we clarified in Fatwa 89082.

However, some jurists may Allaah have mercy upon them are of the view that if an unmarried woman commits fornication and gives birth from Zina and the man who committed Zina with her asked that the child be traced back to him, then he is traced back to him; this is the view chosen by Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Al-Qayyim may Allaah have mercy upon them.

Furthermore, Imaam Abu Haneefah may Allaah have mercy upon him said: ‘‘I do not see any obstacle for a man to marry a woman with whom he committed Zina and she became pregnant from him; to conceal her sin, and the child is his child.''

The view we adopt here in Islamweb and the most preponderant opinion in our view is the view of the majority of the scholars may Allaah have mercy upon them that the child is not traced back to the fornicator (or adulterer) at all and he does not inherit him at all; for more benefit, please refer to Fataawa 97254 and 90012.

In any case, in our view if a person considers the other opinion to be more preponderant, and he is inclined to act upon it in order to avoid a greater harm that cannot be repelled except by this, then he may act according to this opinion because prominent scholars are of this view.

As regards the issue of documents, then this depends on the difference of opinion on this issue, in cases when we stated it is permissible to trace him back to the fornicator then the matter is clear, otherwise documents should be issued for him while tracing him back to a general name, like naming him Ibn ‘Abdurrahmaan, or Ibn ‘Abdullaah, by this we mean that he is the son of one of the servants of Allaah (the Most Merciful), in which case he would inherit his mother and her family –if she is a Muslim-and the other rules of being a son would apply to him, because he is really her son.

For more benefit, please refer to Fatwa 102092.

Allaah Knows best.

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Any one who commits Zina (adultery/fornication) with a woman should make sincere repentance. After doing so, if he wants to marry this woman, he cannot do so until she also turns to Allah in repentance and her period of "Iddah" comes to an end. In this case her "Iddah" may be up to three months (from one to three according to various opinions) or until the birth of the child if she is pregnant. This period of waiting is legislated because the sperm from the act of Zina is considered Haram, disrespected, dishonorable and should not be mixed with the Halal, legal, honorable and respected fluid discharged during marriage. The issue of when the pregnancy occurs is important because all scholars agree that the child born from illegal intercourse (Zina) cannot be traced to the father. Other scholars however say that waiting is not compulsory for such a woman to make certain that she is not pregnant, if she desire to marry the man with whom she committed Zina. They base their opinion on a narration that in the time of Abu Bakr Al-Siddiq a couple committed Zina and he whipped them both one hundred times and married them at the same place. Ibn Abbas said in this concern: "Its beginning is Zina and ending is marriage." The predominant opinion according to Shariah however is the first one, so that the child born of Zina is not traced falsely to the wrong person.
Allah knows best.
ll perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds, I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger may Allaah exalt his mention as well as that of his family and all him companions.

Abortion is prohibited, since it constitutes an aggression against a human soul. Allaah has made such a practice unlawful even for a woman who becomes pregnant through sexual relations with a non-Muslim man.

Here, we state that if she married this man before embracing Islam, then she has to part from him at the moment she becomes a Muslim since Allaah Says (what means): {…And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikeen till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushreek (idolater, etc.), even though he pleases you. …}[Quran 2:221].

Thus, a Muslim woman should separate from a non-Muslim husband unless he converts to Islam. After that, there are some rulings in Islam that organize their life.

As for a fetus, Muslim scholars stated that a baby should follow his/her Muslim parent since he/she is a Muslim by nature.

But, if the marriage took place after she had embraced Islam, then it was adultery (or fornication). Consequently, the Islamic conditions of a valid marriage do not apply to such a marriage.

Allaah Says (what means): {…they are not lawful (wives) for the disbelievers nor are the disbelievers lawful (husbands) for them.…}[Quran 60:10].

Allaah Knows best.
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

It is lawful to cause to have an abortion if a mother's life becomes in a critical state. This lawfulness is based on the following:
1) When a mother's life is in a critical state, her fetus' life will be so, i.e. in most cases the mother's death results in the fetus' death.
2) This legality assuredly saves the mother while it is not sure that fetus will stay alive after confinement. So, it is better to give preference to what is certain over what is uncertain.
3) Islam gives precedence to origin over descendant. In other words, the mother represents the origin of the fetus' life, but the fetus represents the descendant. So, in accordance with Islam, it is not possible to sacrifice the origin for the sake of descendant.
Thereupon, what we have mentioned is exactly what texts of the Qur'an and Sunnah demand. In simple words, this follows the rule of doing the lesser of the two evils.
Allah knows best.
Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

The Fatwa regarding abortion generally has already been given on Islamweb.net so please go back to Fatwa:83872 and 83114.
If the lady is raped with her consent, then causing abortion means committing another sin and a new crime. So, she has to repent sincerely and seek Allah's pardon.
But, if she is raped as you said this means that she is not to blame for the sexual act as the rape implies that it is by force against her wish. However, regarding the abortion, it is prohibited (Haram) if the soul has already been breathed into the fetus. She is to resort to the law enforcement agencies to complain against the aggressor, if possible.
We pray to Allah to help her in this crisis.
Allah knows best.

www.islamweb.com

Snowflake
03-20-2009, 11:07 AM
it's allowed to do it (but i know that you can only do it in rare situations if mother's health is endangered).
Sis, you're concerned that abortion is not allowed in islam unless mother's health is in danger. Yet you should be more concerned about being in a haram relationship. In islam, your relationship means nothing. It is prohibited and if you had done this in an islamic state both of you would've been punished. You can't pick and choose which aspects of Islam suit you and follow those only. My sincere advice is that you repent and seek Allah's forgiveness for violating His commands. Allah is forgiving, provided you really do regret and seek forgiveness from your heart and avoid that which is forbidden by Allah.

but those are intentions what matter
Whoever told you this is wrong. A person cannot commit sins with good intention. Period!
That's like saying it's ok to rob banks to feed the poor? Your intention should be to seek the pleasure of Allah by avoiding haram and adhering to His commandments. Please make an effort to increase your knowledge to stop commiting anymore sins.

I know that she shouldn't separate a family (even if we are not registered or did not have a religious wedding)
She has every right to take her son away from a relationship which is not permissable. If you'd been married then she'd be wrong to do that. But, in this case, even though it wouldve been better if she'd accepted you and told her son to do what is right, you can't blame her for not wanting her son to be with a woman who has had a relationship with him outside marriage.

I sincrely advise you to repent and seek Allah's forgiveness. If you continue to live a haram lifestyle, your child will end up paying the price of your actions. I already worry about his/her future. May Allah have mercy on you and your unborn child. Ameen :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
03-20-2009, 11:09 AM
have written you earlier about my sins of doing Zina with a Muslim girl for around 3 years continuously. I used to ask for forgiveness to Allah Almighty but never repented. Now I am married to the same girl. During the time we were engaged in Zina we had to do an abortion. I read on your website that I have to give one tenth of the blood money of a woman for abortion. What does it mean? Can you please calculate it and tell me in terms of gold or Pakistani or US currency that how much I have to give? And please also tell me the "Niyyah" for giving and to whom I should give the money. Please advise. May Allah Almighty bless you with the highest level of heaven for the priceless work you are doing here by helping people and bringing them from darkness of evil towards the right.
Fatwa

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

There are many points we would like to warn you about. First, committing Zina is a major sin. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {"And come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is a Fahishah (i.e. anything that transgresses its limits: a great sin, and an evil way that leads one to hell unless Allah Forgives him).}[17:32].

Second, killing an innocent soul. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {And do not kill anyone whose killing Allah has forbidden, except for a just causeā€¦.}[17:33]. The fine for aborting a fetus is to free a slave worth the tenth of the blood money of his mother. If both of you (husband and wife) have involved in causing abortion then each of you should pay half of the blood money along with the expiation.

Third, the price of the one tenth of the blood money is worth fifty Dinars (a Dinar equals 4.25 grams). To find out the value of any currency consult the gold exchange market. Ibn Taymiyah said: 'The worth of a slave is one tenth of blood money or fifty Dinars. Majority of Muslim scholars are of the opinion that she has to free a slave as expiation, if she is not able to do so then she has to fast two months consecutively; if she is not able to fast then she has to feed sixty needy persons.'

Fourth, the maternal grandmother and his siblings from mother side inherit from the blood money. The remaining amount is also distributed among them. This is the opinion of Muslim jurists for the evidences they cited from Qur'an and Hadith. If there are no brothers of the fetus then other relatives from mother's side, like uncle and aunt inherit from that blood money. If there are no maternal relatives then the money is spent in the interest of Muslims. The mother does not get any of that money if she participated in the abortion, since a killer is deprived of his inheritance from the one whom he has killed. If the mother was not involved in aborting then she will get one-third of the blood money if the fetus has no brother from the maternal side. If there are brothers she will get one sixth of the blood money.

Fifth, in this case and similar cases intention is not important. So, if one honours the rights of the related person he becomes free from his responsibility.

Sixth, your marriage to this girl is valid if the following conditions are met.

A) Both of you should make a sincere repentance since being chaste is a compulsory condition of a valid marriage according to the majority of Muslim scholars. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {"The adulterer - fornicator marries not but an adulteress - fornicatress or a Mushrikah; and the adulteress - fornicatress, none marries her except an adulterer - fornicater or a Mushrik [and that means that the man who agrees to marry (have a sexual relation with) a Mushrikah (female polytheist, pagan or idolatress) or a prostitute, then surely, he is either an adulterer - fornicator,}[24:3].

B) The marriage contract should be established after completing her Iddah. Her Iddah is till she gives birth if she is pregnant or one menstrual period according to the preponderant opinion of Muslim scholars. The Iddah is made compulsory to protect the lineage since the child after marriage is traced back to his father, while the child of Zina is traced back to her mother.

Finally, both of you should repent towards Allah, and increase your good deeds and Istighfar as much as possible.

Allah knows best.

Ummu Sufyaan
03-20-2009, 11:42 AM
:sl:
im sickened quite frankly...this guy aint a man, he's a wuss...don't abort your baby, it isnt its fault. if there was no child, i would have advice you not to sell your sell short and dump this idiot...not only has he done wrong by his mother, but by him self and you as well!
format_quote Originally Posted by katya
Also I know that we committed a big sin having a baby without being married, but those are intentions what matter.
how can you do this to your child. how could you raise your child without being married to its father! without marriage this so-called lover isn't particularity going to take responsibility of his child is he? without marriage the child may grow up not knowing who its father is!

Also i am very angry at his mother, how can a person, claiming to be Muslim do this things towards others without any reasoning and explanation.
if you think that someone is going to sell their mother for someone else, you can think again! and rightfully so...i don't agree with why she doesn't want you to be with her son- i.e because of your nationality, etc...but still she is his mother and he has to obey her!
do you know the heartache a mother goes through when she sees her child making someone a priority over her!

She is hearting her son, me and this unborn baby, because there has been no day yet that i didn't cry and it all effects my baby. She could just give me a chance or i don't know, a trying period to see how i am, but just because of her caprice, because she wants to choose a bride for him I am in between life and death.

I know that she shouldn't separate a family (even if we are not registered or did not have a religious wedding) without any reason, just because she personally doesn't like me, especially when Allah blessed us with the baby.
what about you!!! you should've backed off when you knew she didn't want you! aren't you the one separating a family! if this is your way of thinking she has every right not to want you for her son...i wouldnt want a daughter in law like that either.

format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Sis, you're concerned that abortion is not allowed in islam unless mother's health is in danger. Yet you should be more concerned about being in a haram relationship. In islam, your relationship means nothing. It is prohibited and if you had done this in an islamic state both of you would've been punished. You can't pick and choose which aspects of Islam suit you and follow those only. My sincere advice is that you repent and seek Allah's forgiveness for violating His commands. Allah is forgiving, provided you really do regret and seek forgiveness from your heart and avoid that which is forbidden by Allah.

Whoever told you this is wrong. A person cannot commit sins with good intention. Period!
That's like saying it's ok to rob banks to feed the poor? Your intention should be to seek the pleasure of Allah by avoiding haram and adhering to His commandments. Please make an effort to increase your knowledge to stop commiting anymore sins.

She has every right to take her son away from a relationship which is not permissable. If you'd been married then she'd be wrong to do that. But, in this case, even though it wouldve been better if she'd accepted you and told her son to do what is right, you can't blame her for not wanting her son to be with a woman who has had a relationship with him outside marriage.

I sincrely advise you to repent and seek Allah's forgiveness. If you continue to live a haram lifestyle, your child will end up paying the price of your actions. I already worry about his/her future. May Allah have mercy on you and your unborn child. Ameen :(
i couldnt agree with you more :thumbs_up

nms
03-20-2009, 10:50 PM
im really sad for you.
have the baby even though you know what you did was wrong, pray for allah forgivness and inshuallah everything will be fine.

Zahida
03-20-2009, 11:43 PM
:sl: I feel for you too. But even though i feel for you i am still going to be harsh. Sometimes you have to be cruel little one to be kind.............

You are old enough to know to have been in a sexual relationship, but still became pregnant, all the time knowing that you were committing a sin by sleeping with him................

Sorry little one sounds slike you have been used, abused and left to hang dry............... Mummys little boy has gone back to mummy...............
You are left with major decisions................. I won't tell you what i would/would not do little one, but i will definaetly make dua that Allah forgives you and guides you to the right path and to make the right decisions...............

You should also pray little one and seek repentance and ask Allah to guide you. Ameen, Allah, is all knowing, Allah is Merciful, May He guide you with His Mercy and Compassion.........................

My concern at the moment is your state of mind. Do you have family, have you any support??:w:

nms
03-23-2009, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: I feel for you too. But even though i feel for you i am still going to be harsh. Sometimes you have to be cruel little one to be kind.............

You are old enough to know to have been in a sexual relationship, but still became pregnant, all the time knowing that you were committing a sin by sleeping with him................

Sorry little one sounds slike you have been used, abused and left to hang dry............... Mummys little boy has gone back to mummy...............
You are left with major decisions................. I won't tell you what i would/would not do little one, but i will definaetly make dua that Allah forgives you and guides you to the right path and to make the right decisions...............

You should also pray little one and seek repentance and ask Allah to guide you. Ameen, Allah, is all knowing, Allah is Merciful, May He guide you with His Mercy and Compassion.........................

My concern at the moment is your state of mind. Do you have family, have you any support??:w:
i agree.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.