/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jealousy the cure

AnonymousPoster
03-20-2009, 03:27 AM
sallam.
I have a problem with being jealous of people for matters of the dunyah, and one thing I was making du'a for so badly and one of my friends got it instead of me and I was extremly jealous. I need help on how to stop being jealous of others but instead be happy for them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sshussain
03-20-2009, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
sallam.
I have a problem with being jealous of people for matters of the dunyah, and one thing I was making du'a for so badly and one of my friends got it instead of me and I was extremly jealous. I need help on how to stop being jealous of others but instead be happy for them.
Its a natural trait for a human to feel jealous.
Reciting the last two surahs i.e, surah al-Falaq, surah an-Naas.
This realy helps me a lot.
And going a step further you can start with surah al-Ikhlaas.
So basically the last 3 surahs from the Book of Cures, which cures all the desises of the Heart, so keep on reciting these 3 surahs for ever until you get cured.
initially you may feel that you are not getting cured, but hold on to it with your teeth and dont let it go half way
You will get cured :inshallah:peace:

Sister_22013
03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Whenever it happens to me, I remind myself that I cannot really believe until I want for my brother/sister what I want for myself. And I just repeat that in my head over and over and its definitely helped me to come to terms with the issue.

Abu Hamzah Anas bin Maalik (Radiya ‘Llahu ‘anhu) who was the servant of the
Messenger of Allaah (Salla ’Llahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) reported that the Prophet
(Salla ’Llahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: "None of you truly believes (in Allaah and in
His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."
[Bukhaaree & Muslim]

Just try to remember the favours of Allah and that He is doing what is best for you.

Allah says in the Quran:

"And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you"

Yanal
03-20-2009, 09:53 PM
This thread will benefit me well .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.