/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tefl

Tony
03-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Salams, I am about to take a TEFL course with a veiw to moving to either middle east or possibly Istanbul. Has anyone taken or taught a TEFL course as I would like to ask some advice etc. Thanks in advance. Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreyKode
03-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Assalamu alaikum TKTony, what is the TEFL test?

Tony
03-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Teaching English as a foreign language, also known as ESOL

GreyKode
03-20-2009, 09:11 PM
How about you check Amideast. Google it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dawud_uk
03-21-2009, 07:13 AM
:sl:

i have applied for a TESOL course this september, inshallah i will get on but if not next year.

right, if you have an english teaching qualification you can go to most middling and all poor countries and work easily, taking a good income,

the usual deal is between 10-15k, but you have accomodation, transport, one or two flights to your home country a year all through in.

plus in the uk if you work outside the uk for more than 6 months then that income is tax free so doing such work is a good way to save quick.

unless you have a good degree as well forget thinking about working in the gulf unless you mean yemen.

the gulf countries demand a degree, english teaching qualification and often experience.

if you dont have the degree they'll want 5-10 years experience.

hope all that helps a bit, and maybe we'll end up teaching in the same english college one day in Sana or Karachi!

:sl:

Tony
03-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Many thanks Dawud,that answered most qs. Cant help thinking must be a way round experience, ItoI, who are a company running TEFL courses and placements, say it shouldnt be a problem, but all mid east placements ask for at least 2 years. Enjoy your teaching bro, peace

Dawud_uk
03-21-2009, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
Many thanks Dawud,that answered most qs. Cant help thinking must be a way round experience, ItoI, who are a company running TEFL courses and placements, say it shouldnt be a problem, but all mid east placements ask for at least 2 years. Enjoy your teaching bro, peace
my wife knows a sister whose husband just wrote to every english language school in the middle east and ending up working in saudia, mind you, he did have previous teaching experience, if not in tesol /tefl.

Tony
03-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Thats good news bro, I would prefer Saudi. I have experience over 10 yrs working and helping people with learning disability, much of this centred on education. Think I will give a try, if not Istanbul for 2 years then see what occurs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!