/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is innocence?

Hamayun
03-20-2009, 10:06 PM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters,

I was watching a lecture by Yusuf Estes and he mentioned "India is a good place to do Dawah because the people are still innocent"

Now that got me wondering... what does innocence mean?

Innocence = Simple?

or

Innocence = Gullible?

or

Innocence = Stupid?

Can a person be clever and innocent at the same time?

I am confused... :?

Jazakallah Khair :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nebula
03-20-2009, 11:20 PM
im sure he ment it in a nice way i mean hes a good person mashallah, well Allah knows best how he ment it..

Hamayun
03-21-2009, 12:33 AM
I am sure he meant it in a good way but I am just curious about what innocence really is.

Güven
03-21-2009, 12:59 AM
:sl:

being Innocent means not knowing how life works , that you dont know about the danger that is out there in life
and about the consequences or yet not experienced.
he can be clever , he can be dumb but If has no (or less) experience in life than he has Innocence in him.

because a new born child is also an innocent , and if he has no one (parents, teachers etc.) that teaches him the way of life, he will still have innocence in him.

thats probably what he meant, Allahu Alim I could be wrong though.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
doorster
03-21-2009, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
:sl: Brothers and Sisters,

I was watching a lecture by Yusuf Estes and he mentioned "India is a good place to do Dawah because the people are still innocent"

Now that got me wondering... what does innocence mean?

Innocence = Simple?

or

Innocence = Gullible?

or

Innocence = Stupid?

Can a person be clever and innocent at the same time?

I am confused... :?

Jazakallah Khair :)
can you name the lecture because I remember him saying that inviting people of India [**other than shudrahs I presume ***(who are oppressed and are in same boat as us)], and Christian of Middle East/Balkans was suicidal due to their hatred of all things Islamic due to centuries of feeling of oppression/having been under our rule or having been involved in wars in which we beat their ancestors.

on topic:
Why would we want "Simple (oafish)" or"gullible" or "stupid" people in our ranks? do you see a shortage of such people in our faith?

*** http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Pant...e_Shudras.html
** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shudra

can anyone be more innocent victim than them?

~Taalibah~
03-22-2009, 05:30 PM
What is innocence?
You only know what is innocence when you've lost it.

Ansariyah
03-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Contact him n ask him wat he meant, everyone's definition of innocence is different.: )
Did he mean Muslim Indians, or Hindus?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.