/* */

PDA

View Full Version : teaching children quran and islam

AnonymousPoster
03-21-2009, 09:34 PM
salaam everyone, i just wanted to know if you wanted to teach children the quran and give them islamic teaching? how would you go about to do it? i would like to do it from home. As you know some ladies do it from home, so was wondering how could i first improve the way i read quran myself and then what courses would i need to do to help me? many thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
03-22-2009, 07:23 AM
:sl:
i just wanted to know if you wanted to teach children the quran and give them islamic teaching? how would you go about to do it?
know the stuff yourself first, then teach them...

i would like to do it from home. As you know some ladies do it from home, so was wondering how could i first improve the way i read quran myself
get a teacher?

and then what courses would i need to do to help me? many thanks
probably Arabic first and foremost...try your local masjid, etc to see if there are any available teachers...

Dawud_uk
03-22-2009, 08:22 AM
start young, my son is two and half and we've already taught him his arabic alphabet and numbers 1-10 and he knows many of the prophet's names from listening to us read to him.

he can also recognise most numbers and letters, for the letters this site is really useful

http://www.islamicplayground.com/Scripts/default.asp

(but through this he is also very good with a mouse and computer and have to lock the pc otherwise i find all my files moved around when i come back)

we also teach him through question and answer, like asking him 'do you love mummy' and he will say yes or na'am then we'll ask but who do you love the most and he'll say ''Allah!''

so asking him who is his prophet - Muhammad (saws)
what is his book - Quran
who made him - Allah
what is he - muslim
what is his deen - islam
how many pillars in islam - 5
what is the first pillar, 2nd pillar etc - shahadah, salaah etc
where does he want to go - jannah

just simple little things like this and he learns and picks it up so quickly.

when he hears music he will already say 'music haram daddy, music haram'

or just be walking down the street and point and say 'Allah made that' or 'Allah made the tree' or 'Allah made the sun' because he knows this as we told him Allah made everything and everyone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.