/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice Plz

Abdul Wahid
03-22-2009, 12:09 AM
:sl:

I have a question regarding t-shirts with the names ALLAH on them. Or Islam, Quran etc.

You see I have seen a few t-shirts and I just wanted to know if I should buy some. Is it OK to wear them? The only problem with them is when you to go to the toilet, I'm guessing.

JazakALLAH-heir.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Strzelecki
03-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Yes. Going to the bathroom would be inconvinient.
I'm not sure of any daleel to say they shouldn't be worn...

But personally, I probably wouldn't anyway.

:)

Abdul Wahid
03-22-2009, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
Yes. Going to the bathroom would be inconvinient.
I'm not sure of any daleel to say they shouldn't be worn...

But personally, I probably wouldn't anyway.

:)
JazakALLAH-heir for the reply.

Could understand why you wouldn't.

Abdul Wahid
04-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Bump.

Has anyone else got any opinions or does anyone know if any Islamic scholar said anything regarding this.

JazakALLAH-hier.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
roohani.doctor
04-20-2009, 02:50 AM
I dunno about Islamic scholars but personally I wouldn't wear them simply because of the whole bathroom issue. When I was a kid I always had on necklaces with Allah's name, ayat-ul-kursi or some Surah on them, then I found out it wasn't alright for me to go to a 'dirty' place with them on ... so yea t-shirts or any item of clothing would not be okay ... i think

أبو سليمان عمر
04-20-2009, 02:57 AM
Al-sallamu Al-laikoum , i want ask that a muslim can were the dress that has writings on it
Fatwa

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

Wearing a dress which has writings on it depends on what is written, if the writings are something glorified in Islam, like the Quran, Prophetic narrations, the Names and Attributes of Allaah, and the names of the Prophets and angels, and the like, then it is not permissible to wear it as it is subjected to humiliation because of the sweat and other dirt to which the dress is subjected. Undoubtedly, wearing a dress and sweating in it contradicts glorifying what is written on it. Rather, such writings must be protected from anything which is contradictory to glorifying it or subjecting it to humiliation. Allaah Says (what means): {That [has been commanded], and whoever honors the sacred ordinances of Allaah — it is best for him in the sight of his Lord.}[Quran 22:30]. Allaah also Says (what means): {That [is so]. And whoever honors the symbols [i.e. rites] of Allaah — indeed, it is from the piety of hearts.}[Quran 22:32].

Moreover, one should not wear clothes on which the Arabic language is written, even if what is written is not something that is glorified in religion, because the Arabic alphabet is sacred, as stated by the scholars may Allaah have mercy upon them due to the fact that the Quran was revealed with its letters.

However, if what is written on the clothes is in a language other than Arabic, and it is not obscene language or propagates falsehood, then in principle it is permissible to wear it. Nonetheless, it is better to avoid wearing such clothes according to the view that all letters, even in a language other than Arabic, are sacred because other revelations could have been revealed using such alphabets.

Allaah Knows best.
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/S...Option=FatwaId

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.