/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Camel urine hadith

aadil77
03-23-2009, 09:00 PM
[24:577] Narrated Anas: Some people from 'Uraina tribe came to Medina and its climate did not suit them, so Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) allowed them to go to the herd of camels (given as Zakat) and they drank their milk and urine (as medicine) but they killed the shepherd and drove away all the camels. So Allah's Apostle sent (men) in their pursuit to catch them, and they were brought, and he had their hands and feet cut, and their eyes were branded with heated pieces of iron and they were left in the Harra (a stony place at Medina) biting the stones. (See Hadith No. 234, Vol. 1)
Is this permisable? And still practised?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Chuck
03-23-2009, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Prophet did not tell any other people to drink it, and neither other drank it. I suppose it was only for those people for medicinal purpose(s). Besides technology has improved and we can extract what we need from the impurities.

aadil77
03-23-2009, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chuck
Prophet did not tell any other people to drink it, and neither other drank it. I suppose it was only for those people for medicinal purpose(s). Besides technology has improved and we can extract what we need from the impurities.
JazakhAllah, I was just wondering because urine is supposed to najis or impure and hindus always come up with this counter argument

Questfortruth
03-24-2009, 12:38 AM
:sl:

I dont see why it would be impermissible all of a sudden. Yes, I heard some arabs still pratice it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Questfortruth
03-24-2009, 12:45 AM
JazakhAllah, I was just wondering because urine is supposed to najis or impure and hindus always come up with this counter argument
Whatever the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. said is impure is impure whatever is said its good is good. Forget about the hindus, they can bring whatever they like for their counter argument. The fact is we believe in Tawheed and they do not. We have deen-ul-haqq they do not. Also, for your information Hinduism is no longer practised in the same manner. Hinduism has evolved like Judaism its more of a nationalistic movement now.

afzalaung
03-24-2009, 07:55 AM
does anyone actually know for sure what the urine cures?

and from what was written, the Prophet neither forbids nor condone the urine as a medicine. So, what is the ruling>

Dawud_uk
03-24-2009, 08:06 AM

as far as i am aware, camal urine is used for medical conditions and not a normal practice in the deen.

we are even allowed to use alcohol for medicine if there is nothing else so this is totally different to the hindus practice of sprinkling cow urine on food for blessings.

the first is a necessity that overruled the prohibition, the 2nd is a filthy practice of those who worship cows, not the creator of cows! (and everything else)

Chuck
03-24-2009, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by afzalaung
does anyone actually know for sure what the urine cures?

and from what was written, the Prophet neither forbids nor condone the urine as a medicine. So, what is the ruling>
Here:
Camel urine treatment was found to cause a significant cytotoxic effect in the bone marrow cells of mice. This cytotoxicity at higher doses was comparable with that of standard drug cyclophosphamide (CP). However, unlike CP, the camel urine treatment failed to induce any clastogenicity. The cytotoxicity induced by camel urine treatment was substantiated by the reduction of liver nucleic acids and glutathione levels and increased malondialdehyde (MDA) contents in the same animals. CP treatment was found to be highly clastogenic, cytotoxic and it reduced the levels of nucleic acids, proteins, glutathione and increased malondialdehyde concentration due to its prooxidant nature. The non-clastogenic nature of camel urine was attributed to the antioxidant and antimutagenic compounds present in camel urine. Pretreatment with camel urine increased the cytotoxicity of CP and intensified the CP induced reduction of liver nucleic acids, glutathione and increased the MDA concentration. The increase of CP induced cytotoxicity appears to be partly due to the additive effect of the two treatments on cellular lipid peroxidation.
PMID: 8771453 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8771453
As for the ruling I don't know but a little common sense helps. Urine is impure and now technology is available to extract beneficial elements from the camel urine and make it into tablet or capsule.

Khaldun
03-24-2009, 11:52 AM

I drank it, its still drunk and you mix it with the camel milk just a few drops, and its not impure.

Chuck
03-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Purpose of camel urine is same as in other animals, it flushes out impurities (waste compounds) from the body. Camel milk, esp. Milch camel, has medicinal properties because it contains good amount of nutrients, proteins, creatine, antibiotics among other that are beneficial for the body. Despite its benefits, its urine is still disposing impurities (waste compounds) out of camel's body.

Khaldun
03-26-2009, 11:26 AM

What might be waste products for one animal might be beneficial for another animal. Humans breath air and as a result make carbon dioxide as a waste product however plants use this and make the opposite process, so the waste products for them is oxygen.

Also in short as a muslim if a hadith has been established from the Prophet (peace be upon him) we are commanded to follow it wether we understand the wisedom behind it or not. And this is the true meaning behind the Kalimah La ilaaha illallaah Muhammadu rasuululAllah

Whatsthepoint
03-26-2009, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

What might be waste products for one animal might be beneficial for another animal. Humans breath air and as a result make carbon dioxide as a waste product however plants use this and make the opposite process, so the waste products for them is oxygen.

Also in short as a muslim if a hadith has been established from the Prophet (peace be upon him) we are commanded to follow it wether we understand the wisedom behind it or not. And this is the true meaning behind the Kalimah La ilaaha illallaah Muhammadu rasuululAllah
Camels are mammals like we are, their waste is probably very much like ours.

Vito
03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
For the people who question against it, here is some info about it, and some talks about a "PREMARIN", which from what I understand is an extract from urine that is used in some medicines today. I'm sure Gossamer or someone in the medical field can explain it better.

http://ww

Whatsthepoint
03-26-2009, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
For the people who question against it, here is some info about it, and some talks about a "PREMARIN", which from what I understand is an extract from urine that is used in some medicines today. I'm sure Gossamer or someone in the medical field can explain it better.

Does that make drinking camel urine ok?

جوري
03-26-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm sure Gossamer or someone in the medical field can explain it better.

format_quote Originally Posted by -Gossamer Skye-
I have written this before, not all the medications that we have today are synthesized from chemicals in the laboratories for instance, Insulin is synthesized from Ecoli bacteria, protamine sulfate comes from fish testicles, [(provera) progesterone] AKA Premarin, is made from pregnant mare's (horse) urine, Penicillin, derived from a common kind of mold that grows on bread. Vinca alkaloids derived from the common periwinkle plant. menopausal gonadotropins" (i.e., FSH and LH) are filtered by the kidneys from the blood into the urine. Thus, human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG) is a urinary extract that contains substantial amounts of both FSH and LH-- Since menopausal urine contains a high concentration of hMG, extracts of human urine are the most common source of commercial preparations of hMG that are used to induce ovulation and fertility in women.. A quick google search can confirm all previous so I am not sure what is odd about camel's urine? or why it would be for instance different than using pregnant horse urine or worst than that, that of old women?.. anyone has something smart to say please bring it from a scientific journal not from youtube!

:w:
peace!
http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...tml#post813326

I am not so sure how many times we're going to discuss these topics here.. It is as if they don't even want to take the effort to read replies given them.
and they are all miraculously experts on everything from Arabic, to exegesis to jurisprudence, science, politics, economics social structure, warfare beliefs.. my God!

Vito
03-26-2009, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Does that make drinking camel urine ok?
Well it depends by where you're trying to get at with your question. Drinking camel urine just for the sake of drinking it like its soda is probably not recommended, as I'm sure is the same with other urines. Drinking the camel urine with the camel's milk as mentioned in the hadith, which clearly stated was used for medical purposes, why not? Who am I to say otherwise.

For my own convenience though, I'd prefer to just go to the drug store down the street.

جوري
03-26-2009, 05:15 PM
^^ see my previous post.. drinking camel urine or any form of commercial urine is accepted it is not an injunction!
sort of like the FDA accepts 'natural contaminants', insect parts and rodent hairs in your food

This is Gross, but is it Dangerous?
Quite the contrary. "They're actually pretty healthy," says Dr. Philip Nixon, an entomologist at the University of Illinois, in regard to insects, "If we were more willing to accept certain defect levels such as insects and insect parts, growers could reduce pesticide usage. Some of the spraying that goes on is directly related to the aesthetics of our food."

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/0..._your_food.htm

I wonder how long the other moron will take to show up on this thread and spray his micturate and bless us with his undying wisdom?

:w:

Whatsthepoint
03-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Well it depends by where you're trying to get at with your question. Drinking camel urine just for the sake of drinking it like its soda is probably not recommended, as I'm sure is the same with other urines. Drinking the camel urine with the camel's milk as mentioned in the hadith, which clearly stated was used for medical purposes, why not? Who am I to say otherwise.

For my own convenience though, I'd prefer to just go to the drug store down the street.
The fact that we can extract beneficial substances doesn't make the whole mixture healthy. That's what I was getting at.
Urine amy be the healthiest substance on Earth, but you still commited a logical falacy there.
that's all form the other moron.

Vito
03-26-2009, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...tml#post813326

I am not so sure how many times we're going to discuss these topics here.. It is as if they don't even want to take the effort to read replies given them.
and they are all miraculously experts on everything from Arabic, to exegesis to jurisprudence, science, politics, economics social structure, warfare beliefs.. my God!
Ah ok thanks for the link. We must have posted at the same time which is why I didn't see it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.