/* */

PDA

View Full Version : time to brush ur teeth!! :)

KiWi
03-23-2009, 10:09 PM
:sl:

Umm as I was reading the threads abt brushing ones teeth while fasting, it didn’t really answer the question I had in mind.
I was just wonderin’ if this is true: while fasting, we cant brush our teeth when noon reaches and after that
Is there a hadeeth for this?

Jazakumallah khair :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nebula
03-24-2009, 12:49 AM
We cant brush our teeth because of the flavour from the toothpaste and the risk of swallowing it i think, but i think it is permissable to use a natural miswaak not sure 100% tho a brother told me that.

KiWi
03-24-2009, 03:28 AM
we were fasting today n then my bro was using the miswaak to brush his teath
then my mom was like, we cant brush our teeth after 12 in the afternoon
im not sure if this is true :?
does this rule apply for fasting the sunnah?

nebula
03-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Ive never heard of that 12 oclock thing that your mother mentioned i doubt that its true because you can use miswaak anytime to clean ur teeth whilst fasting but just make sure its not a flavoured miswaak i.e. the ones that are coated with flavours, just use a natural miswaak.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KiWi
03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
geeee, there r flavored miswaaks? I didn’t know that
anyways, let me get this straight.
we are allowed to use miswaak anytime while fasting Ramadan or sunnah rite?
buuuut, we are not allowed to use the regular tooth brush? :?

nebula
03-24-2009, 05:59 PM
yes that is correct, also read this for further clarification sister http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/108014/miswaak

KiWi
03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Ok, got it
jazakallah khair akhi :)

youngsister
03-24-2009, 07:10 PM
:sl:

Huh? Can someone provide some evidence?

nebula
03-24-2009, 07:59 PM
the evidence is that fatwa i got from islam-qa.com i think its trustable that website mashallah. i posted it already.

Tony
03-24-2009, 08:39 PM
I thought as long as we do not swallow its fine, also thought brushing teeth prior to praying was recommended. Personally I wouldnt brush while fasting as Allah loves the smell of our breath due to fasting. Subhan Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.