/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to Start Praying On A Daily Basis

gabriel
03-24-2009, 04:49 AM
Assalamu' Alakum

My name is Gabriel, and I recently joined these forums. They have helped me gain alot of knowledge towards the beautiful religion of islam, and now I hope to pass on the favour as well.

Many people strive to make salah 5 times a day, but most people may think of it being a chore at first. This is how I felt when I first started. I always looked for excuses, but in the end, there was no legitimate excuse for missing salat. I would go from not praying at all one day, to praying 5 times the next.. and so on. I hated being so inconsistent with my salat, that I finally just gave up. After giving my first attempt up, I would always feel a little shame inside myself. So i designed a plan for myself. I made a commitment to pray only 2 of the obligatory prayers a day for a month. This allowed me to develop a habbit of not rushing into my 5 daily prayers, but to slowly and meanfully tackle them on. After a month I gradually Kept adding one more obligatory prayer, until I started to pray 5 times a day. This method allowed me to slowly develop a passion, habit, and need for my salat 5 times a day. Many people try to obtain the results the desire immidietly. Unforunatley, some things don't work like that, and need to be gradually learned by you. With out dedication, CONSISTENCY, and an overall effort, any goal in life cannot be acheived.

I hope this can help someone who is struggling with their salat, and I would love to here everyone else's methods of developing a habit for salat. Maybe this can become a sticky if it gets big enough.

Jazakullah

Gabriel

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
03-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Alhumdulillah, Allah helps those who help themselves :)

JazakAllahu khayr for sharing.

gabriel
03-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the reply Scents of Jannah! :D

salamfromrom
03-29-2009, 12:10 PM
salam

I have a similar problem. I pray 5 times a day when I can but I am an university student in a non-islamic country and sometimes I have 4 hour long classes and I miss salah..... is this allowed or am I committing a great sin? I just dont know what to do, I do not want to miss my classes/exams but i also am afraid of Allah(swt) punishing me.

Salam a leikum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ahmed_indian
03-29-2009, 02:24 PM
i do not use to pray 5 times but once i came across an article about a person who was listening to music in car and met accident. his frnd was telling him to recite 'kalimah'- there is no one worthy of worship but Allah- but he was not able to and only musical words were coming out of his mouth.

i think that came as a blast on me.

then i started praying 5 times a day...and all praises are due to Allah.

whenever i feel lazy, i remember Allah's favours, fear of illness/accidents, jannah, hoors, fire...and it truly brings easiness. alhumdulillah.

i say to myself: well, its just a matter of 40-50 yrs. then there will be just fun and enjoyment..insha'allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.