sirajstc
03-24-2009, 06:05 AM
can the camera be used in celebrations like NIKAH AND WALIMA

need answer please urgent

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
03-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Of course it can. Why wouldn't it?

If you mean from an image making point of view, there are some scholars who consider it haram but there is certainly a strong number of scholars who consider it halal.

If you mean because its a ladies-only wedding and the women will remove their hijab, then you shouldn't take pictures of anyone without their permission.

sirajstc
03-24-2009, 02:49 PM
just i want to know taking pictures husband and wife and family members visiters etcetc.

haram or halal??

aadil77
03-24-2009, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc
just i want to know taking pictures husband and wife and family members visiters etcetc.

haram or halal??
Its kind of awkward as non mahrams shouldn't be able to see the pictures

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Banu_Hashim
03-24-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't think there's anything in Islam that forbids this? If the photos are taken with the consent of the people, then what's wrong with that.

It would be a little hard to ban every one in a wedding taking pictures.

EDIT: On a quick google search, I found this: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10668

I think the main reasoning behind this is that people start to respect the people in the pictures etc. So, in terms of just capturing the moment of of the bride and groom only, then I guess it would be alright. :confused:

sirajstc
03-25-2009, 04:53 AM
That is because making pictures for memories is haraam

ok jaza kalla kahair

ahmed_indian
03-29-2009, 02:28 PM
photos: we have two opinions of ulama.

but its quite risky, as non-mahram can see the bride and other women without proper hijab sooner or later.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.