/* */

PDA

View Full Version : financial help

ukm
03-24-2009, 04:27 PM
due to my own sins and weakness in the past, i am now heavily burdened with debt, approx 100k.

i am married & have a daughter & a son with special needs. my deen is strong now and i know i am blessed in so many ways. i can do so much more if i could just be free of this debt which gets heavier every day.

can someone help me ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
03-24-2009, 05:19 PM
inshaAllah bro, make the following dua after every salah.. May Allah relieve you of your debt. Ameen

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/041.html

ukm
03-24-2009, 05:32 PM
thanks Sister

you cannot go back in time but i regret some of the choices i made. i try my best to guide others so that they may avoid my mistakes.

aadil77
03-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Brother May Allah help you, I think here in the UK the govt can halt interest being charged and maybe write off debts in extreme cases, try to find out more from a citizens advice bureau

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ukm
03-24-2009, 05:51 PM
i feel ashamed to be in this position. i have been blessed with so much but the debt is almost intolerable.thanks brother

aadil77
03-24-2009, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ukm
i feel ashamed to be in this position. i have been blessed with so much but the debt is almost intolerable.thanks brother
Don't let it weaken you brother, this has lead people to suicide. Allah is rich and free of all needs, if he wills your debt can be gone in a flash. Pray for assistance from Allah and not wealth, remain steadfast in our deen and Insh'Allah things will settle down

ukm
03-25-2009, 07:57 PM
i face the next few days knowing that i will be short of money. prayer has helped me to remain calm. however the reality is that i have arrears of £10k on my mortgage and i really don't know where the answers will come from. inshAllah something will happen to assist me.

PersianPrince
05-05-2009, 11:23 PM
i face the next few days knowing that i will be short of money. prayer has helped me to remain calm. however the reality is that i have arrears of £10k on my mortgage and i really don't know where the answers will come from. inshAllah something will happen to assist me.
:sl: ukm. Im really saddened to hear about your issues. Believe me, I can understand what you are feeling. Anyhow, I am wondering if you have been advised to speak to either one of the following: PayPlan or CCCS. Basically, they are Debt Management companies (funded by the Credit Industry) who can try to calculate the best way to distribute your income across all your creditors. They will explain the shortfalls of such a plan, but I think in the situation you're in, this will be the best option. Another option is to work with your mortgage company and other creditors to see if they will help. ****... if I had money myself, I'd help you.... imsad

Yanal
05-06-2009, 02:25 AM
:sl:
Brother theres an Islamic company in Europe that isn't haaram I think it's called "Qatar Islamic bank" If you don't mind may I ask where you live? I'm asking so I can give the correct email brother. InshAllah everything will work out. Ameen.

PersianPrince
05-06-2009, 07:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
Brother theres an Islamic company in Europe that isn't haaram I think it's called "Qatar Islamic bank" If you don't mind may I ask where you live? I'm asking so I can give the correct email brother. InshAllah everything will work out. Ameen.
I think the Brother is in the UK. I am from the UK too, and I'd be interested to know what they can offer.

witness
05-06-2009, 08:58 AM
.... i can do so much more if i could just be free of this debt which gets heavier every day.
Aslmkm,

It is an extremely tough position to be in.
It is not shameful at all...don't let shaytan get you down.
It may be a test, so keep your hopes on Allah swt alone and think over the practical advices that you have been given here.

Being in this situation (however it feels) is good for you now according to Allah swts Eternal Wisdom...Perhaps in this moment you may not 'do so much more' if you were free of this debt.

I pray you benefit from this situation and that it eases for you swiftly.

Wslm

Snowflake
05-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Can you not sell your house, pay off the arrears and existing mortgage and downsize to a smaller place?

Brother expenses can go on and on if we let them. Are you careful with living expenses? Do you always buy top brand products? Do you leave electrical appliances/lights on when not in use? Are you leaving on central/gas heating even when you can wear extra clothes and stay warm? There are so many way to cut down on expenditures.

I don't know where you are, but here in Birmingham we have something called the Birmingham Debt Settlement. Try to find out if there is a similar service in your town and make an appointment. They can help you more than you imagine and will approach debtors on your behalf.

May Allah relieve you of your debt and all diffculties. Ameen

PersianPrince
06-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Does anyone know where ukm is? Is he alright? ukm, did you manage to sort anything out?:-[

Yanal
06-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah...Bro answer.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.