/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Refutation!

AnonymousPoster
03-24-2009, 11:07 PM
:sl:
I have recently come across this article, can anyone please help, as I do not have enough knowledge myself to always know which are reliable articles and which are not.. I have always thought that salafipublications.com was a reliable site? I have not read the entire article, just skimmed it.. but thought that some-one with knowledge could explain it a bit more? Also the publisher At-Tibyan, would it be ok to quote information from them in Islamic Studies?..
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
03-24-2009, 11:36 PM
which article?

anonymous
03-25-2009, 01:09 AM
They have biased info about most islamic topics. This is because they believe in certain sub-division of Islam are "kaffair". I wouldn't necessarily rely on "salafi" info about everything in Islam to be accurate and truthful.

AnonymousPoster
03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/Refutation.pdf

:sl: oopps...sorry forgot to actually post the article site!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-25-2009, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I have recently come across this article, can anyone please help, as I do not have enough knowledge myself to always know which are reliable articles and which are not.. I have always thought that salafipublications.com was a reliable site? I have not read the entire article, just skimmed it.. but thought that some-one with knowledge could explain it a bit more? Also the publisher At-Tibyan, would it be ok to quote information from them in Islamic Studies?..

All these sites you mentioned (all of them, SPUBs included) have some good and some errors, some more than others and in different areas. What you should do is not busy yourself with them and their articles and refutations of site x or daee x, or go around saying so-and-so is an innovator or not. These groups have a tendency to restrict the people of knowledge to a number that you could count on your fingers, and they each have their own 'Ulema. And each of these groups rips the other groups to shreds. They do not deserve any attention.

My advice to you is to stay away from them and worry about what benefits you and do not carry hatred in your heart for your brothers. Ask Allah for safety and well being, especially in regards to your tongue. And seek refuge in Allah from knowledge which does not benefit.

Lastly, remember, we strive for the truth, therefore take the truth regardless if it comes out of the mouth of a salafi or a sufi.

AnonymousPoster
03-26-2009, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

All these sites you mentioned (all of them, SPUBs included) have some good and some errors, some more than others and in different areas. What you should do is not busy yourself with them and their articles and refutations of site x or daee x, or go around saying so-and-so is an innovator or not. These groups have a tendency to restrict the people of knowledge to a number that you could count on your fingers, and they each have their own 'Ulema. And each of these groups rips the other groups to shreds. They do not deserve any attention.

My advice to you is to stay away from them and worry about what benefits you and do not carry hatred in your heart for your brothers. Ask Allah for safety and well being, especially in regards to your tongue. And seek refuge in Allah from knowledge which does not benefit.

Lastly, remember, we strive for the truth, therefore take the truth regardless if it comes out of the mouth of a salafi or a sufi.
JazakhAllah, I wasn't searching for this article, I was after another article by this publisher when I came across this one, and it got me worried whether my other article was of good sources, thats all. So I wanted to see if anyone else knew anything more.
again thank you for that answer, I will use that advice when reading anything:)
Thank you!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.