/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Key stage 2- R.E. teaching

Mysterious Uk
03-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Howdy,

i'm doin a 10 minute presentation about why i wear the head scarf in front of 7-8 year olds. My title is= why do i wear a head scarf?

If there are any teachers out there, do you know of any websites which can help guide me in doing the presentation (obvious one i know is teachernet.gov.uk).

Also, what exactly should i say in response to why i wear a head scarf? should i keep it simple and say =to cover my hair or make it a bit more complex?

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
03-25-2009, 04:33 PM
"Because I'm bald"

...Or, not.
You could start it out like that though, make it a bit more entertaining, plus you get to see if anyone falls for it (which some undoubtedly will).

Mysterious Uk
03-25-2009, 04:47 PM
HAHA i would have but the class would become uncontrollable lol I'm being assessed for this so it would be a bit embarrassing if i have to go o.k now class shut up lol

I thought i could just start of with has anyone wondered why i wear a scarf? and get hands up or something. EEee this is ded stressful like, and it's only 10 mins i have to do lol.

Eric H
03-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Mysterious Uk;
I thought i could just start of with has anyone wondered why i wear a scarf? and get hands up or something. EEee this is ded stressful like, and it's only 10 mins i have to do lol.
That sounds good if you have the confidence to answer all kinds of abstract thoughts from seven year olds. 10 mins can be a long time if you have nothing prepared.

Often girls spend a lot of time and money doing things to their hair to look attractive and to attract boys. The scarf is a sign that you do not have to go round attracting boys, and Islam promotes marriage. The scarf is a symbol of many moral issues.

In the spirit of praying for the sanctity of marriage

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mysterious Uk
03-25-2009, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Mysterious Uk;

That sounds good if you have the confidence to answer all kinds of abstract thoughts from seven year olds. 10 mins can be a long time if you have nothing prepared.

Often girls spend a lot of time and money doing things to their hair to look attractive and to attract boys. The scarf is a sign that you do not have to go round attracting boys, and Islam promotes marriage. The scarf is a symbol of many moral issues.

In the spirit of praying for the sanctity of marriage

Eric
thanks. I'll defo put something in about how the scarf means all of us girls dont have to spend ages doing our hair. Well so far i've prepared a slideshow with some pictures so i dont bore them and inbetween will be asking some questions, mainly closed questions so i can get through everything i need to. Yeh 10 mins can be a long time but I'm guna run through it to check it's o.k timewise at home and will be showing the teacher too.

Thanks again, tc.

crayon
03-25-2009, 06:27 PM
You could try bringing in a scarf, doing a sort of "practical" example, trying the scarf on a girl who doesn't wear it, it could be interesting..

Mysterious Uk
03-25-2009, 06:31 PM
good idea like, i would have done it if the kids were a bit older. If i did that then the kids would just mess about and i only have 10 mins.. so u no i dont think i could. Thanks tho, u helpful people you =-)

crayon
03-25-2009, 06:38 PM
DUDE. I just reread the first post and realized the kids are 7-8 years old, seem to have missed that first time round. Haha, for some reason I was assuming they were like middle/high school age. You're right, my suggestions wouldn't really work with kids that young, sorry lol.:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.