/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al-Azhar univirsity

ayan333
03-25-2009, 11:59 PM
:sl:

can you please give me info about applying to Al-Azhar uni InshALLAH,as soon as possible

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-26-2009, 12:28 AM

Here you go:

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/blog/general/coming-soon/
http://www.suhaibwebb.com/blog/gener...h-omair-kamil/
http://www.suhaibwebb.com/blog/gener...udying-arabic/

islamlover_girl
03-26-2009, 01:23 AM
I am an Egyptian sister so if u need any help don`t hesitate to message me dear sister.

ayan333
03-26-2009, 05:50 PM

JazakALLAH Khair brother for the links

i think ive might of rushed things too much,im not fluent in arabic at all..well atleast not yet

im eager to learn but i think taking advance classes will help..InshALLAH in the next year or so illbe fluent then ill apply..but i have alot of other things to prepare for

i never knew learning Deen could be so exciting and fun,Alhamdulilah..ALLAH (SWA) is the Greatiest!!!!

JazakALLAH Khair to all who responded

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-29-2009, 01:42 AM

Just opened, a new resource website opened by students at Al Azhar itself:

http://studyinegypt.org/tiki-index.php?page=home%20page
http://studyinegypt.org/tiki-view_blog.php?blogId=1

Al-Hanbali
05-30-2009, 06:57 PM
:salamext:

^ those exams look really :muddlehea! Very thorough!! MaashaaAllaah

yusuf18
05-30-2009, 07:00 PM
im going to fajr center this summer inshallah:thumbs_up

Al-Hanbali
05-30-2009, 09:58 PM
^ mashaAllaah, hopefully you'll benefit...make sure you try apply & utilise WHATEVER you learn.

Yanal
05-30-2009, 11:01 PM
MashAllah ! SubhanAllah!

Sampharo
05-31-2009, 07:30 PM
those exams look really :muddlehea! Very thorough!! MaashaaAllaah
Al-Azhar is the mother of ivy league schools. A 1000 years and counting, may God protect this beacon of Islamic knowledge and enlightenment.

brotherubaid
06-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Yes al azhar has that reputation , but out here in UAE n dubai i see shoyoukh n khateebs n muftis that come from Azhar n most of them r CLEAN SHAVED !!!

Dont know why is that exactly .. one might say ohh beard is the sunnah .. well first of all its wajib n even if it was just a sunnah , we are supposed to hold on to the sunnahs not let them go just by saying its just a sunnah , whats the big deal ?? where is the love for sunnah??

Unfortunatley n speaking of my personal expereince with major egyptian n azhar scholars n khateebs n muftis or just imams of massajid here in UAE i see that they are not even strong enough to win the struggle against their selfes like growing a beard ..

Allah knows whats in the hearts , but what shows from your actions n limbs says a lot about u , where is the love for the sunnah , did u become a scholar or student of knowledge for the sake of Allah n getting closer to Allah or just to get a job as an imam or khateeb or mufti .. n from my personal experiece with the azhar graduated Muftis employed here by the awqaf they consider notthing wrong with shaving , music , free mixing , everything is just fiiiiineee.

This is all just my personal opinion , in Islam we Love for the sake of Allah Hate for the sake of Allah , befriend for the sake of Allah n respect for the sake of Allah .. for such people that i have mentioned i cannot find in my heart any Love , Respect or honour , they are just slaves to their desires ... i can only hate them for the sake of Allah

U know why coz it does not make any sense for imam n khateeb n mufti to shave ,What is their excuse?? what will be their excuse when people in dubai r getting fired trying to protect their beards , now doesnt that make the ones who keep a beared n get fired protecting the sunnah very stupid , the MR. mufti is shaving it so one must be really stupid to get fired for not shaving isnt it? how does that make the people of sunnah look like.

U guys should hear some of the fatwas by these guys .. absolutely hilarious n then Remmeber what imam Malik used to say:
Before anyone gives any fatwa in any matter he should present himself in front of the hell fire n in front of paradise n then give the fatwa, n Imam Malik in one Gathering was asked about 40 question .. to 36 he said I DO NOT KNOW...

May Allah make us stead fast onthe Sunnnnah!!

Assalam O Alikum

Sampharo
06-03-2009, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
Yes al azhar has that reputation , but out here in UAE n dubai i see shoyoukh n khateebs n muftis that come from Azhar n most of them r CLEAN SHAVED !!!
Dear brother Ubaid,

I lived in UAE and lived in Egypt and have to say that God save all muslims and nations from sins and al-hamdolellah that there are countries that are safe and growing like UAE.

This is just a gentle note to a brother hoping to create a gentle understanding for the situation as someone who studied at Azhar in Egypt and belong in nationality to that nation.

First I tell you, that the prophet -pbuh- said: "Think of an excuse for your brother, and when you can't find an excuse, think that there might be an excuse that you don't know about." The prophet meant to keep the unity of muslims together, otherwise people will point at each other with blame about things when they do not know the whole story and more separation will be created and that is something muslims hardly need these days.

Second, as for Al-Azhar and its teachers, know my brother that they follow the Shafei math-hab, and based on the Al-Bukhary and Muslim Al-Shafei sees shaving the beard to be makrooh (unliked without sin), not haraam. I KNOW you might say that Ibn Al-Refaa said that Imam Al-Shafei originally said it is haraam, but the Shafei math-hab that Egypt follows says it is only makrooh, and so does Qadi Ayyad and Allama Baigramee and others. Know that I am not arguing for that opinion, I actually follow the majority of scholars on this one and keep a strict beard al-hamdolellah, however it is a valid math-hab and it is permissible for them to follow it.

Now, that is still not reason enough for the Islamic leaders of a community to commit makrooh you might think, and that would be correct, but this is where a bit of perspective might bring things around for you:

This might happen when you take into consideration that for over thirty years Egypt "security forces" has held a war against Islamic extremists and whomever "resembled" them. Assassination of Sadat, along with many journalists and politicians and even the attempt on Nobel prize winner Najib Mahfooz, along with all the terrorist attacks and blowing up of cafe's markets and Sharm and Luxor tourist attacks, have put the country into extended martial law for all that time. Easiest way to attract attention of a paranoid police officer is to have... "a beard". People have been pulled outside mosques by the bunches, dragged outside of vehicles, stopped in the markets just based on the beard, but unlike the discrimination in the USA, they are not questioned and searched and then let go. No, the lucky ones are taken down to the Egyptian police station or Mudereyyet Al-Amn (Department of Central Security), wama adraka ma heya the Egyptian police station or Mudereyyet Al-Amn! Those are the lucky ones, the unlucky ones would have a mistaken name, or just were praying at a mosque where another suspect was picked up and therefore everyone is a higher grade suspect. A friend of mine had his brother (we are all brothers but this one is blood related brother that is) taken from outside his mosque after fajr prayer. After putting my friend and their parents through 7 whole grueling months with no news about him, he was dropped off in front of their house. He entered and stayed in his room for two weeks, eating off the floor from the tray the parents leave and do nothing else. He spoke to his parents very short statements after one month, and left the house for the first time after 6 months. My friend noticed that his brother is now permenantly limping. His brother did not smile for over a year and went for counceling. During the year he frequently woke everyone in the house with his screaming and crying.

So if you can muster the imagination to bring to yourself the images of what a pious fajr-praying in the mosque muslim would have to be put through in order to be this damaged, and then match that the biggest trigger for such a horrific treatment can come from simply being mistaken for an extremist or a possible terrorist, and that the indication is primarily the beard, which to them is not haraam to shave but only makrooh, then you can start understanding.

As for their fatwas that you might find strange, people who are learned enough are working in great masjeds outside of the Middle East, and have learned to work with Islamic foundations and Islamic channels, unfortunately the Gulf countries now are getting the bottom of that barrel because it is to them it is prayer leading and Friday speech so only the weak ones are applying. I know of what you mean and sometimes you hear stuff that are almost funny. :)

However I hope I am bringing things in perspective and that you might have more tolerance for your brothers across the Red sea.

May God not test us with what we cannot bare, and may He grant us tolerence from others as well as the capacity to tolerate others.

brotherubaid
06-04-2009, 05:53 AM
Ameen n jazakAllah khair brother , yes i am aware of what a practising n a follower of sunnah is put through in egypt , coz of what the Ikhwaans have done , they just take anybody with abeard for an ikhwanee , so lets first of all blame the ikhwaan for bringing all this fitnah to a muslim or arab country where muslims could have easily n freely practised heir religion. May Allah guide them and bless them with Repentence from their cult.

So sorry to hear that may Allah reward him.

I agree with u on most of the stuff bro, i was only speaking of what i see in UAE , in dubai , where we have these azhari muftis that do not consider music haram , or even mixing of men and women , and shaving the beard is not even an issue

Glad to hear that u are a brother n the sunnah n you know the righ ruling of the beard n implement it, may Allah make us all stead fast on the sunnah.

Even if iama shafiee n the shafiee madhab would permit shaving or lets say consider it makrooh , it is not to be followed , we are not supose dto follow the Imams and the current scholars in their mistakes , even if it is part of the madhab it will not be followed , Why coz its about the daleel , evidence , proofs , n the proofs of beared being wajib are very evident and clear and also coz the Shareeah was not revealed to Imam Shafiee rahimhullah , rather it was revealed to Muhamad sala lahu alihi wa sallam n if anybody who ever he is , if his opinion is not accordingto the clear sunnah then it will not be followed n it will be rejected , this is the usool.

Thanks for clearing up lot of things brother . But i was speaking of the muftis and khateebs n imams here in UAE, its not a problem for them to grow a beared , In fact a true musim would work hard toleave a place like egypt n go to places like UAE for example where he can follow the sunnah n not be harrased for it or put theough hell for it. But still when they are out here n its all good n nice they still cant grow it, which proves that doesnt mater if teher was a danger or not they still wont grow it.

Let me give u example of Tunis or tunisia , I know about 20 brothers from there who have left good jobs n family n al to get average jobs here just so they can excape what they are put through for following the sunnah n practising the deen, these brother i love them n respect them , one of them is a doctor he has just graduated , bt he is outhere working as a receptionist !!! but he is happy n he started growing his beared from the day he got here , All these brothers son as they get here first thingtehy do is get them some Arabic dresses( Thoubes) n start growing the beards n follwoing the sunnah n are not willing to compromise it for notthing ,

Now how can in such envirnoment n with such people n examples around will some of these egyptian n non egyptioan azhari imams n scholars justify their acts?? what will be the excuse for a person who is not even in any of the worldly businesses or jibs, He is an Imaam for Allah's sake ?!! what will be their excuse in this life n the next ??

and most of all isnt the imam n mufti n khateeb supposed to be a role model for the ordinary muslim?

May Allah protect us al , n give us the ability to overcome our desires n our wished for HIS sake n seeking his reward.

May Allah reward you for all the info , There are salafi scholars in egypt like sheikh rasaln, How are they able to grow a beard n run a amsjid n lot sof lessons n beneficial stuff ?? do they not live in the same egypt , there are plenty scholars that follow the sunnah in egypt , n you know it as wel brother may Allah bless u.

May Allah make us all stead fast on the sunnah n make it dear to us .

Assalam O Alikum

Sampharo
06-04-2009, 05:06 PM
As long as you understood where they're coming from, I am glad.

I absolutely agree with you about Imam Shafei and math-hab, but like I said the math-hab is spread in Egypt and many don't know, and combined with the security forces actions many people wouldn't think of the beard. look at the great scholars and ulama though, from Sheikh Al-Sharawi -God rest his soul and have mercy on him-, to Sheikh Ahmed Tantawi to Sheikh Ali Gomaa.

The people you get in UAE who are hired for these jobs like I said are the bottom of the barrel, and i don't mean that only in studying. I think you know that in Egypt the society lives on the university degree, without it a man is practically devastated in terms of work or prospects. So after medical school and business and architecture universities take the people who scored high marks and close the doors, many people who didn't get through, go and apply to Azhar because it becomes their easy way to a degree since there isn't high marks required there. What you get at the end of the four years is someone who neither studied well in school -and of course did not study well in Azhar but managed to get a pass degree-, but more over may have not been interested in religion at all to start with and took it as a "job", so he won't be pious or fervent in following God's religion in his own actions, and that's when you start seeing the leniency and easy going attitude.

Long ago Egypt was a shining beacon and all fields had good paying futures for those who succeeded, and people used to study what they liked and they used to excel. Today for them it's all about the degree and what gets you a paying job. Now it's like that, so you will find some non-interested people who studied in Azhar to get a degree and that's it, and of course want the higher paying jobs in Dubai and Abu Dhabi mosques that the better educated and more pious ones are not interested in considering they want to stay and learn more and don't care about money, or they go to big Islamic Councils and foreign missions. Also especially Dubai is not attractive to them because the city has very little room for religious higher education. End result is badly-educated as well as might be weak-in-faith Azhar graduates who can be easily described as mediocre, yes.

Egypt is a big country of 70 million and growing and has its own pains and problems today, but not always. Azhar had its haydays and it's alive al-hamdolellah, but still had better days. If you look at this page, you'll see the old Azhar before Tantawy and all the sheikhs had the beards al-hamdolellah.

http://www.qadeem.com/vb/showthread.php?p=16292

All I was saying is basically we should say "الحمد لله الذي زان منا ما شان من غيرنا", and if there weren't mediocre people, how can there be great scholars. :)

syilla
06-05-2009, 08:42 AM
:salamext:

Last year al-azhar has cancelled MOU with 18 colleges in Malaysia because they are very unhappy with Malaysian student performance...

It seems that 70% has failed :X

100 has gotten zakat that has succesfully has gotten their placed in al-azhar 2009/2010 ... http://pendidikan.jais.gov.my/index....emid=390&lang=

Yanal
06-06-2009, 02:28 AM

Are they re free online Islamic courses ?

brotherubaid
06-15-2009, 09:53 AM
JazakAllah khair brother sampharo , i agree with you , May Allah help us stay with the truth n adhere to the thruth n live by it , By the tawheed n sunnah , i personnaly would suggest everyone n for myself as well to go to a place for learning the religion where ur aqeedah will be fixed first , where u wil get tawheed n sunnah .

the imam of our masjid "Nahsibuhu Ala Khair" he seems to be on the sunah and has beautiful khutbas , he left for egypt for holidays n in his place we had another egyptian who is a graduate of al azhar Uni, Guess what he said in on eof his Khutbahs: Allah is Noor n His messenger is Noor n came with ayah from the quran to support his claim , May Allah protect us. Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioun .. seems like no one fixed his aqeedah. But yes its not right to blame an institution for the people that it is producing , im sure there are good students who are coming out of there , but i am YET to see any n may Allah save us all

Assalm o alikum

salafy_masry
06-15-2009, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
Dear brother Ubaid,

I lived in UAE and lived in Egypt and have to say that God save all muslims and nations from sins and al-hamdolellah that there are countries that are safe and growing like UAE.

This is just a gentle note to a brother hoping to create a gentle understanding for the situation as someone who studied at Azhar in Egypt and belong in nationality to that nation.

First I tell you, that the prophet -pbuh- said: "Think of an excuse for your brother, and when you can't find an excuse, think that there might be an excuse that you don't know about." The prophet meant to keep the unity of muslims together, otherwise people will point at each other with blame about things when they do not know the whole story and more separation will be created and that is something muslims hardly need these days.

Second, as for Al-Azhar and its teachers, know my brother that they follow the Shafei math-hab, and based on the Al-Bukhary and Muslim Al-Shafei sees shaving the beard to be makrooh (unliked without sin), not haraam. I KNOW you might say that Ibn Al-Refaa said that Imam Al-Shafei originally said it is haraam, but the Shafei math-hab that Egypt follows says it is only makrooh, and so does Qadi Ayyad and Allama Baigramee and others. Know that I am not arguing for that opinion, I actually follow the majority of scholars on this one and keep a strict beard al-hamdolellah, however it is a valid math-hab and it is permissible for them to follow it.

Now, that is still not reason enough for the Islamic leaders of a community to commit makrooh you might think, and that would be correct, but this is where a bit of perspective might bring things around for you:

This might happen when you take into consideration that for over thirty years Egypt "security forces" has held a war against Islamic extremists and whomever "resembled" them. Assassination of Sadat, along with many journalists and politicians and even the attempt on Nobel prize winner Najib Mahfooz, along with all the terrorist attacks and blowing up of cafe's markets and Sharm and Luxor tourist attacks, have put the country into extended martial law for all that time. Easiest way to attract attention of a paranoid police officer is to have... "a beard". People have been pulled outside mosques by the bunches, dragged outside of vehicles, stopped in the markets just based on the beard, but unlike the discrimination in the USA, they are not questioned and searched and then let go. No, the lucky ones are taken down to the Egyptian police station or Mudereyyet Al-Amn (Department of Central Security), wama adraka ma heya the Egyptian police station or Mudereyyet Al-Amn! Those are the lucky ones, the unlucky ones would have a mistaken name, or just were praying at a mosque where another suspect was picked up and therefore everyone is a higher grade suspect. A friend of mine had his brother (we are all brothers but this one is blood related brother that is) taken from outside his mosque after fajr prayer. After putting my friend and their parents through 7 whole grueling months with no news about him, he was dropped off in front of their house. He entered and stayed in his room for two weeks, eating off the floor from the tray the parents leave and do nothing else. He spoke to his parents very short statements after one month, and left the house for the first time after 6 months. My friend noticed that his brother is now permenantly limping. His brother did not smile for over a year and went for counceling. During the year he frequently woke everyone in the house with his screaming and crying.

So if you can muster the imagination to bring to yourself the images of what a pious fajr-praying in the mosque muslim would have to be put through in order to be this damaged, and then match that the biggest trigger for such a horrific treatment can come from simply being mistaken for an extremist or a possible terrorist, and that the indication is primarily the beard, which to them is not haraam to shave but only makrooh, then you can start understanding.

As for their fatwas that you might find strange, people who are learned enough are working in great masjeds outside of the Middle East, and have learned to work with Islamic foundations and Islamic channels, unfortunately the Gulf countries now are getting the bottom of that barrel because it is to them it is prayer leading and Friday speech so only the weak ones are applying. I know of what you mean and sometimes you hear stuff that are almost funny. :)

However I hope I am bringing things in perspective and that you might have more tolerance for your brothers across the Red sea.

May God not test us with what we cannot bare, and may He grant us tolerence from others as well as the capacity to tolerate others.
I totally disagree with you brother .. the is no valid or logical reason for the Azhar graduates to shave their beards.

The only reason that I can think of is to please the Gov. becasue for sure politicians want to clean shave, the security reason is only valid for brother that are not students of azhar. So an Azhary would not face any trouble if he keep his beard grow unless he is a member of the Ikhwan muslimeen group.. he still has the seal of the gov in his ID.

So brother brotherubaid if you really are seeking someone form al azhar who really tries with all he has in this life to follow the Sunnah of the prophet PBUH .. you should inquire first if he is a member of the Gam'aya Shara'ayah .. they are 100% azahries .. and as I said they are seeking to follow shariah as much as they can since early 1900's ( around 1912 i think ) .. taking into consideration that they are human and would make mistakes..

I only attend Juamah prayer at the masjeds under their supervisions .. and al hamdullilah there's alot of masjeds all over Egypt.

salafy_masry
06-15-2009, 10:30 AM
They have the site http://www.alshareyah.org/

Muslimlearner
07-31-2009, 07:50 PM
You can find the books that will help you for the entrance exams behind Masjid al-Azhar in the Dar al-Atrak area. There is a book shop known as al-maktab al-Azhariyah and they have what are known as the Tawdih series (Yes, Azhari cliff notes) for every subject that one is tested in.

What is Tawdih? Tawhid or what?

3isha
08-01-2009, 04:09 PM
even i have heard that the teachers there and those who graduate there are clean shaven

alcurad
08-13-2009, 06:34 AM
bump

Muslimlearner
08-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Well,the shaiks on Huda tv are all with bears,they are Al-Azhar educated as far as I know.

By the way the Azhar's book for tawhid is too simple(for me)I mean the explanations are not detailed as I wish them to be..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.