/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some more Evidence to authenticate the Islamic Advice of Circumcision

coddles76
03-26-2009, 05:09 AM
http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/...section=justin

Male circumcision cuts risk of cancer-causing virus
Posted 36 minutes ago

A report says circumcision protects men from genital herpes and a virus that causes genital warts and cancer.

The report in the New England Journal of Medicine adds to the debate over whether men - and newborn boys - should be circumcised to protect their health and perhaps the health of their future sexual partners.

The findings from two trials in Uganda build on related research showing that circumcision cuts a man's risk of HIV infection through heterosexual intercourse by more than 50 per cent.

They also come at a time when circumcision rates are declining in places like the United States, even as evidence mounts that the practice can provide important health benefits.

"Medically supervised adult male circumcision is a scientifically proven method for reducing a man's risk of acquiring HIV infection through heterosexual intercourse," said Anthony Fauci, of the National Institutes of Health in the United States, which funded the study.

"This new research provides compelling evidence that circumcision can provide some protection against genital herpes and human papillomavirus infections as well."

The human papillomavirus, or HPV, is the most common sexually transmitted infection in the world. It causes cervical cancer, which kills 300,000 women globally every year.

The combined results of the studies looking at more than 3,000 men showed circumcision reduced the risk of herpes by 25 per cent and of HPV by one third.

HPV also causes anal and penile cancers.

Circumcision also appears to reduce the odds of genital warts, but had no effect on the incidence of syphilis, the researchers added.

Since 2007, circumcision has been promoted by the World Health Organisation and the UN Program on HIV/AIDS as a way to reduce the risk of AIDS in areas where heterosexual transmission is high.

When done in children, the operation reduces the chance of urinary tract infections and phimosis, a problem with the foreskin.

- Reuters

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
03-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Allahu Akbar!

جوري
03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
This should be merged with the other thread that was closed pre-maturely, and before I had a chance to reply ..

more on the topic can be seen from the National institute of health or the New England Journal of Medicine Reference: AAR Tobian et al. Male circumcision for the prevention of HSV-2 and HPV infections and syphilis. New England Journal of Medicine. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa0802556 (2009).

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-mcr032409.php

:w:

Uthman
03-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Calls for higher circumcision rate (BBC article)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
coddles76
03-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Its evidence like this that has been a founding foundation to the Iman I hold today. I always amazes me how the deen can give you the best advice and for all the right reasons for your health and protection.

Zafran
03-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Salaam

As usual circumcision has health benfits - its a good thing its reccomandend in Islam.

Allah Akber

peace

جوري
05-27-2009, 01:56 AM
thank you for your help..

:w:

nebula
05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
subhannAllah!

root
06-05-2009, 02:03 PM
So much for a perfect creation, we just have to chop God's imperfection off.

aamirsaab
06-05-2009, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
I'm curious, why has this imperfection not been removed through the millions of years of evolution? I mean, if evolution has got us *this* far: fully mobile, living, breathing, talking, emotional, logical organisms yet somehow after all these years we have that little thingy on our dingy that if not chopped off actually reduces the chance of procreation (which would lead to extinction since humans don't reproduce asexually).

In simpler terms, it's a pretty big problem for it not to have been removed through evolutionary methods....So I find it rather silly that you as a staunch evolutionist, would dare criticise creationism on this particular issue.

Tony
06-05-2009, 04:31 PM
How dare you come to an Islamic forum and accuse almighty Allah of creating imperfection

جوري
06-05-2009, 04:59 PM

chopping it off would make you a eunuch not circumcised --
Also God isn't imperfect, humans are, and some more than others, such as in your case!

all the best

ragdollcat1982
06-05-2009, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
How dare you come to an Islamic forum and accuse almighty Allah of creating imperfection
I believe he was being sarcastic. I have heard this rational from the anti circ crowd before that if Gods creation is perfect, why does he require the removal of part of it.

Tony
06-05-2009, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
I believe he was being sarcastic. I have heard this rational from the anti circ crowd before that if Gods creation is perfect, why does he require the removal of part of it.
its something I am struggling with for my boys. what makes me mad is people coming here who say things against Allah in a certain fashion, i have calmed down. :D

جوري
06-05-2009, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982

it is called 'maintenance' in a nutshell ..

No one leaves themselves in the state they were born into..

we come in from amniotic fluid, our desquamated cells, our own urine that we drank in utero, which is very natural and a part of our creation, but we don't continue on that state...

Also only the creator is perfect, and this isn't paradise, the world is less than an ideal place..

90:4 Verily, We have created man into [a life of] pain, toil and trial. [3]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.