/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Waswasa (Satanic Whispers)

pvg8260
03-26-2009, 01:43 PM
i have read about waswasa and i have learned some duas and i ask Allah for projection but it won't stop. I have been trying my best not to think about anything bad. I stop listening to music, i even stop watch some of my tv show which wasn't about anything bad but because every time i watch something i kept having bad thought about (islam and other things which i don't want to name). However, it's not helping and i don't know why.

I ask Allah for guidance and forgiveness every time i'm praying, but it won't stop and i don't know if i'm doing something wrong, the only think i'm having problem with is stop smoking and i'm working on that. i can't Distinguish between my thoughts and waswasa but i have no reason to think bad about my faith so......

What i am asking for is there away to make it stop.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
gabriel
03-27-2009, 04:39 AM
Well brother... satans whispers are a part of everyones life.. If there was no satan to make us do any harams, then we would all be in jenna (heaven). Everyone in this world has commited a sin whether it be a big one or a small one. Surely this seems like a test from allah (swt). It is good you are making dua to try to make it stop, and i dont know if you pray 5 times a day or not, but if you dont, this could be the time for you to start. Praying always eases my mind. Never try to rush through it, just relax, think of allah, and pray from the bottom of your heart and ask for his forgiveness, and for him to guide you. The only way i can think of these whispers to stop is to just keep doing what your doing.. ask for forgivness every chance you have. I know this can be frustrating, but allah will always help those who are patient, and inshallah he will help you too.

saba muslimah
03-27-2009, 04:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by pvg8260
i have read about waswasa and i have learned some duas and i ask Allah for projection but it won't stop. I have been trying my best not to think about anything bad. I stop listening to music, i even stop watch some of my tv show which wasn't about anything bad but because every time i watch something i kept having bad thought about (islam and other things which i don't want to name). However, it's not helping and i don't know why.

I ask Allah for guidance and forgiveness every time i'm praying, but it won't stop and i don't know if i'm doing something wrong, the only think i'm having problem with is stop smoking and i'm working on that. i can't Distinguish between my thoughts and waswasa but i have no reason to think bad about my faith so......

try to read in rest of time these words n Surah;
[PIE]LaholWala quwat illa Billah-e alul Azeem,
And Surah-e-Naas"Qul Aaoozu Be Rab-e-Naas...[/PIE]
InshaAllah it will Help u..:)

Muhaba
03-27-2009, 10:11 AM
read the four Quls three times morning & night. i think black majic also makes people get waswasa.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
pvg8260
03-27-2009, 03:43 PM
thanks for your answers and i will keep trying my best. about the praying i do pray 5 times a day but sometime it feels like i'm just doing movements rather than praying as if i have unconnected to Allah.

Ali.
03-27-2009, 07:33 PM
but sometime it feels like i'm just doing movements rather than praying as if i have unconnected to Allah.
Hmm..

What are your intentions when praying?

Do you pray because you have to?

Or because you want to worship your Creator?

Something to ponder upon :).

alcurad
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
trying to prevent it is going to make it worse, even if you never had it before.
don't sweat it, just be like you always are and you'll be fine

Ar-RaYYan
03-27-2009, 08:42 PM
read ayatul kursi

salamfromrom
03-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Salam

Just going "through the motions" is not sufficient in Salah because it is obligatory , in order for the prayer to be valid, that we are humble during the prayer and remember Allah(swt) much.

I would sugest that you first check if your purification before prayer is sufficient, because as the Prophet(pbuh) said (something to the effect of) "Purification is the key to prayer"

Also I'm not sure if smoking might pollute your body in such a way as to render your ritual ablution(wudu) invalid, thereby making your prayer invalid.
You might want to consider trying to cut back on smoking and make sure you remove the yellowish tobacco stains from your fingers (if you're a heavy smoked) in order that you may purify yourself as much as possible.

Basically all I can advise you is to pray and make Dua for this to go away.

You should check out this link http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/25778

Salam a leikum and May Allah(swt) Guide you and us all!

salamfromrom
03-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Some of the Sahaabah complained about the waswaas that was bothering [?] them. Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

Salam!

mathematician
03-28-2009, 01:11 AM

salamu 'alaykum, I think the best way to make waswasa stop is to begin taking more responsibility for your actions. I am not saying waswasa doesn't exist, but I believe it is used as an excuse by many people. Any sin they commit "oh it's from waswasa". You start doubting about Allah "oh it's from waswasa".
For example in your case, you have problem to stop smoking. Ok, let me ask you: what have you done to help yourself quit smoking? Have you gone for counselling? Have you searched for all the help out there? If not, then you cannot blame waswasa but yourself.
I think you can distinguish between your thoughts and waswasa. I believe you know deep down inside you what is waswasa and what is it that's coming from your unwillingness to change.
I hope you don't get offended by my words, as it is not my intention to do so. But sometimes to help someone you have to tell them the truth.

yasin ibn Ahmad
03-28-2009, 08:45 AM
:sl: brother,

I hope you recover this waswasa soon, inshallah.We believe everything comes from Allah.As all we know this life is a test.Everything we have in life-good or bad, are the part of this test.So this must be the test for you for the time being.Firstly,in this situation you shouldn't panic.Ask Allah swt for help and guidance.Secondly, as this is a test , there must be some answers to the problems you are having.Because Allah swt "Allah does not impose upon any soul a duty but to the extent of its ability...*".So try to increase your knowledge of Islam.Lastly,I dont know your conditions but try to contact to an Islamic comunity nearby.If you stay on your own waswasa would increase.
Dear brother I want you to know that it is very normal that a Muslim have waswasa.As the hadith states above , it is the sign of Iman.You should also know that if you think about the waswasa it will get you more.If you don't think about it it comes and goes away at that time.It is like barking dogs behind the fence.If you provoke the dog its anger and voice goes up.And if you ignore it, it barks and calms down right away.
I hope I have added some more help to my bro and sis.You can also read the article (This explains the meaning of the phrase, I seek refuge with God from Satan the Accursed)here
:sl:

pvg8260
03-28-2009, 01:59 PM
:sl:

First of all thanks for your advice and may Allah bless you all.

okay firstly i don't pray because i have to i used to back when i lived with my parents. i stopped praying for a long time after i moved away from home may Allah forgive me for those days and then i saw that there is no happiness or life without Faith.

format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
trying to prevent it is going to make it worse, even if you never had it before.
don't sweat it, just be like you always are and you'll be fine
I'll take that, i have been trying hard not to think at all. :D

about the smoking: i have cute down to 3-4 a day and I'm still cutting it and InshAllah i'll stop as soon as i can.

last but not list (mathematician) i don't use it as an excuse i know when i do wrong but when i get a thought out of no where I'm sure it's not me. However, you are right i used to use it as an excuse and it was one of the reasons i lost my faith in the rights place.

about ayatul kursi when should i read it? i.e. Before going to sleep or

(I thank you all for your help brothers/sisters, don't take my reply as if I'm trying to defending my self i was the one who asked for help):happy:

mathematician
03-28-2009, 09:27 PM
You can read ayah-al-kursi anytime you want, but you should know the most effective way to avoid waswas is to keep yourself busy doing things that benefits you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.