03-27-2009, 07:35 PM
do you like oats?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
03-27-2009, 07:51 PM
I don't really mind. Cereal's a cereal.

Cabdullahi
03-27-2009, 07:53 PM
okay thats cool^....i add crazy stuff into my bowl of oats but i wouldnt say what they are....anyways i call it the magic potion

Cabdullahi
03-27-2009, 08:48 PM
thats nice....erm im going to share my secret potion....well its oats with three whole eggs added,pure honey and craizins or strawberries...its full of protein....thats why i call it the magic potion

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
03-27-2009, 08:51 PM
what's an oat, I'm guessing it's something eatable ? :X

Intisar
03-27-2009, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
what's an oat, I'm guessing it's something eatable ? :X
:sl: I think he means like instant oatmeal, like Quaker oatmeal.

My Dad eats it a lot, cause it's good for his heart.

I'm indifferent though. I don't eat it unless I'm forced to.

Ansariyah
03-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Abdullahi lol who let u loose into the kitchen? Strawberry n eggs?

Boys!!:rollseyes..

My brother heats up his coke....+o(

Güven
03-27-2009, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Abdullahi lol who let u loose into the kitchen? Strawberry n eggs?

Boys!!:rollseyes..

My brother heats up his coke....+o(

lol now thats ...creative.

Im gonna try that out ! :D

The Ruler
03-27-2009, 11:14 PM
^You should have a puke bag around. Or you'll soil the place. Unless you plan to drink in the loo.

KiWi
03-27-2009, 11:17 PM
+o( i hate that stuff
i've tried a tiny bit n it didnt work well with my stomach

Chuck
03-27-2009, 11:27 PM
I love oats

alcurad
03-27-2009, 11:32 PM
oats are good.

Woodrow
03-27-2009, 11:35 PM
It took me a bit to figure out what was being talked about. Here whole oats are used for horse feed, cracked oats are for chicken feed. Oats are planted to replenish the soil and prevent erosion.

Oat bran is made into high fiber muffins, quite good too.

Oat meal also called rolled oats is used as a cereal and also in the making of several types of cookies.

So I guess I like oats. Bran Muffins especially banana ones. I am not much of a cereal eater, but oat meal with maple syrup is quite delicious and oat meal cookies are worth fighting for.

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups quick cooking oats
* 1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats and nuts until just blended. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be at least 2 inches apart.
3. Bake for about 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies on a wire rack

Source: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Excelle...es/Detail.aspx

NIKKY
03-27-2009, 11:38 PM
eewww...oats r sooo nt 4 me..!

Güven
03-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Those cookies are looking delicious. :X

alcurad
03-27-2009, 11:41 PM
^awwh

-can't believe I said it,but it's Guven, so_

جوري
03-27-2009, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It took me a bit to figure out what was being talked about.
lol akhi.. you are so funny.. I too suffered your plight until I saw good ole

though we didn't have the fancy stuff in the old country, it was a breakfast stable which I detested my mother would heat it and pour sweetened condensed milk on top.. she started me on my meal early because I'd just keep it in my cheeks then spit it in school.. she always had high hopes I'd eat it before the school bus arrived but the morning show on the radio had two songs one was called 'walking in the light of Allah' and the other was 'go in peace my love' by that second song we had to go food still in mouth and all.. hehehehe..

I am not sure how I feel about oats.. on the one hand it reminds me of my childhood.. on the other it takes me back to that uncomfortable feeling and sleeplessness I felt as we had to go to school at 5am a good old fashioned school with constant corporal punishment :hmm:

:w:

Azy
03-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Porridge + Honey = Win

alcurad
03-28-2009, 12:05 AM
Honey + win =:)

KiWi
03-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Pancake + Honey = to die for :statisfie

Nájlá
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
lol at the above posts.

about oats hmm i guess i dont mind them.

Silver Pearl
03-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Porridge is just mouth watering goodness! With a dash bit of 'I can't believe its not butter' and double cream *drools*! Yum yum!

Oats are nice!

Mysterious Uk
03-28-2009, 11:57 AM
I had some today, porridge with golden syrup 0_0 yumm.

crayon
03-28-2009, 12:24 PM
I never have oats. Except in oatmeal & raisin cookies. Which are amazing.

Cabdullahi
03-28-2009, 01:01 PM
oats smoothe is also nice...with milk, banana's,strawberries and 2 scoops of whey protein....its got carbs,high in protein...the whole lot!

Sahabiyaat
03-28-2009, 02:01 PM
raw eggs..............how can anyone drink raw eggs........:uuh:

oats?

oats r ok.

what a thread.

MuslimahBarb
03-28-2009, 02:25 PM
:sl:

I cook oatmeal for my husband several days a week, I add some walnuts, sweetner & cinnamon. Oatmeal is excellent for keeping the cholesterol level down.:happy:

S_87
03-28-2009, 04:21 PM
it depends
i love oatmeal and raisin cookies. and flap jacks. but i dont have oat cereal or anything

crayon
03-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Cabdullahi
03-28-2009, 04:35 PM
did you take that picture??

crayon
03-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Nope, found it on google.. It looks tantalizing though, ahhh.

Woodrow
03-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Oats are quite an amazing grain, one of our earliest cultivated crops. Dates back to antiquity. Oat meal as a cereal is fairly new though. a food brought about by poverty and eventually gaining acceptance world wide.

To really love oat meal, you need to know it is not just a cereal. Makes the base for excellent Granola, Pie toppings, breads, etc.

Good stuff, just don't use it only for cereal.

(I'm going to ask the South Dakota Grain Growers Association for payment for this post. Sell them my last sentence as a motto for them)

MuslimahBarb
03-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Oats are quite an amazing grain, one of our earliest cultivated crops. Dates back to antiquity. Oat meal as a cereal is fairly new though. a food brought about by poverty and eventually gaining acceptance world wide.

To really love oat meal, you need to know it is not just a cereal. Makes the base for excellent Granola, Pie toppings, breads, etc.

Good stuff, just don't use it only for cereal.

(I'm going to ask the South Dakota Grain Growers Association for payment for this post. Sell them my last sentence as a motto for them)

Brother Woodrow you are absolutely right, it isn't just a cereal, it is quite versitile, I even use it for a binder instead of bread crumbs in meatloaf.

Woodrow
03-28-2009, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb

Brother Woodrow you are absolutely right, it isn't just a cereal, it is quite versitile, I even use it for a binder instead of bread crumbs in meatloaf.

:w:Uhkti Barb

I do that too. It also makes excellent breading for baked fish. I mix it with dill, spices and a little water to make it sticky and coat salmon with it before baking.

(now, what did I do with the phone number for the Grain Growers Association, we need to get paid for this thread)

Whatsthepoint
03-28-2009, 05:31 PM
edit: ddin't see pages 2 and 3.

MuslimahBarb
03-28-2009, 05:38 PM
:w:Uhkti Barb

I do that too. It also makes excellent breading for baked fish. I mix it with dill, spices and a little water to make it sticky and coat salmon with it before baking.

(now, what did I do with the phone number for the Grain Growers Association, we need to get paid for this thread)

Akhi Woodrow, thanks for the idea for fish. What spices do you normally use with the salmon. We have salmon on a regular basis.

Woodrow
03-28-2009, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahBarb

Akhi Woodrow, thanks for the idea for fish. What spices do you normally use with the salmon. We have salmon on a regular basis.

Dill is always used, I add others according to my mood such as Onion Powder, garlic powder, sage, thyme and ginger. Most often I just use Dill, ginger, salt and pepper. Dill, along with onion and garlic powder is also very good. So is Dill, sage and thyme. Plain Dill with a little salt and pepper is my wife's favorite.

I do sometimes mix the oatmeal with an equal amount of instant mashed potatoes, makes for a crispier crust.

But, I never leave out Dill, dill was invented for salmon.

Yanal
03-28-2009, 06:16 PM
To tell the truth I never really ate cereal for breakfast. I only drink milk as a subsitute of cereal because I don't like cold milk with cereal in a bowl gushing around falling out. But I don't even know where to buy oats. Don't think of me as a freak who never goes outside but I really don't know so if you have a stereotype in your head that all kids eat cereal change it as it is not true.

Cabdullahi
03-28-2009, 07:33 PM
inshallah im going to post a pic of my magic potion

Whatsthepoint
03-28-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm not that into industrially prepared food.

Yanal
03-28-2009, 07:50 PM
^ exactly.

The Ruler
03-28-2009, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Don't think of me as a freak who never goes outside. But I really don't know... So if you have a stereotype in your head that all kids eat cereal, change it as it is not true.
Grammar corrected.

Though oats are just cereal, I prefer rice crispies mixed with honey puffs. Or when I eat healthy, it's whole grain cereal mixed with various dried fruits.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.