/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In A Dream

جوري
03-28-2009, 02:42 AM
:sl:
It is an odd question but has great relevance (at least to me)
Can you list me the sort of emotions you experience(d) in a dream?
has anyone ever felt boredom in a dream?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
03-28-2009, 02:50 AM
Boredom. I couldn't even imagine that in a dream.

I used to have nightmares all the time when I was little. ( I was a paranoid child, always thinking about death.)
Now it's just this worried, stressed feeling but I never talk during dreams when I'm worried.
The weird thing is I'm always worried....but the setting of the dream will be my worries in a school

Ummu Sufyaan
03-28-2009, 07:04 AM
lol sis skye...boredom no...
emotions: mainly crying :-[ maybe smiling and laughing but i dont exactly remember...oh and fear :)

crayon
03-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I've never felt bored in a dream. Reality is boring enough already, but to be bored in my dreams as well?! That would really suck.

My emotions in dreams always seem to be very very vivid, and very very powerful. Like, I don't feel sad, I feel utter despair. And I don't feel just happy, I experience bliss. It's actually really interesting, even when I feel horrible things, because just feeling something that strong is wonderful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mikayeel
03-28-2009, 01:03 PM

Nope i dnt get bored in my dreams, not that i know of anyway. I get really frustrated though, but usually i know its a dream so I dare to stuff that i wudnt do in real life

Mysterious Uk
03-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I've never felt boredom in a dream.. but after i woke up i have thought.. hmm that was a boring and weird dream. Dont remember my dreams much, but i do remember the ones which have caused the most anguish, and them ones made me very sad and scared.

جوري
03-28-2009, 03:28 PM
has anyone at all ever felt boredom in a dream?
We are still in a state of being but there is an emotion we don't experience in another one of our realities.. I wrote this post mostly because of two reasons, one I'll keep to myself and the other, because I am constantly asked by some kaffirs, how can one not be bored in heaven, living for an eternity...

MuslimahBarb
03-28-2009, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

Ukhti

My dreams that I actually remember normally consist if the emotion of anxiety or stress. I guess just life continuing to manifest itself while I sleep. I haven't experienced boredom in dreams however.

Whatsthepoint
03-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Could be everyone dreams boredom but's its to boring to remember.

Yanal
03-28-2009, 06:12 PM
I have not experienced any boredom in any of my dreams I remember. Dreams are from three people:Allah,Shytaan or your conscious. You have to feel one of at least three emotions:happy ,sad or scare.
But it also depends what you experienced in your dream. Some dreams can be revising concepts of that day by your conscious,for instance if you were somewhat bored in your class your conscious could make you dream about you getting bored in a classroom but it's rarely known to happen. Sometimes I get no dreams for some reason and they fly by before I feel or even sense a little emotion boredom.

Al-Zaara
03-28-2009, 06:13 PM
I might have felt boredom in a dream.. :hmm:

Yanal
03-28-2009, 06:19 PM
If you don't mind can you explain the dream and why you think you felt boredom ? If it's an appropiate dream,of course.

Al-Zaara
03-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Everything I dream is appropriate. :offended:

I have this dream I dream frequently, it's not a beautiful dream. I am stuck in our city, which has become very dark and gloomy, murdering happening everywhere, there's something everyone is fearing.
I'm hiding somewhere, trying to protect my sisters as my parents are already safe somewhere.

I dream this dream frequently and am able to 'move on' there... As I dream the dream, I am aware it is not reality and I am aware I have dreamt of it before. This wasn't the case when I dreamt this as a child for the first time, I was scared and confused... But returning has made me feel very familiar there, with the dream. So at one point, nothing happened, completely nothing and I was bored. The dream was stuck, I was aware of it and I only was wondering when I could wake up. I sat down in that cold gray stone, playing with the sand. I was stuck, had nothing to do at all and all the fear and gloominess I ignored, 'cause I felt above it all. I remember thinking something "So have I finished this dream for all times? Can I go back now, please"

Yeah... :playing:

Shukri18
03-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Boredom...hmm... no.
Emotions, I feel all sort of emotions. Happy, sad, anger, despair, joyful, and sometimes just calm.

Whatsthepoint
03-28-2009, 07:06 PM
I was once hungry.

Cabdullahi
03-28-2009, 07:22 PM
my friend had the weirdest dream ever......the setting was a white place and he was approached by two people...one boy and one girl....both dressed in white the guy however had a hat on hiding behind it...the girl was beautiful and she had a nice dress....so affected by the sheer beauty of the girl my friend couldnt barely wait but to say 'hello' ...''what is your name' he said...she replied 'mary'.....he was mesmerised even more he continued by saying 'you are looking nice today' and just as he said that they both pulled out two guns at point blank range and the surrounding whiteness vanished.....i was laughing for a few days after he told me this lol maybe the dream had a deeper meaning

Whatsthepoint
03-28-2009, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
my friend had the weirdest dream ever......the setting was a white place and he was approached by two people...one boy and one girl....both dressed in white the guy however had a hat on hiding behind it...the girl was beautiful and she had a nice dress....so affected by the sheer beauty of the girl my friend couldnt barely wait but to say 'hello' ...''what is your name' he said...she replied 'mary'.....he was mesmerised even more he continued by saying 'you are looking nice today' and just as he said that they both pulled out two guns at point blank range and the surrounding whiteness vanished.....i was laughing for a few days after he told me this lol maybe the dream had a deeper meaning
He and the girl or he and the guy or the guy and the girl?

Cabdullahi
03-28-2009, 07:31 PM
as my friend was complimenting the girl,the guy stood by but after my friend said to the girl ''you are looking nice today'' the guy and the girl both exposed two guns and pointed it at my friend as he was staring at the girl..................this happened all in his dream

Yanal
03-28-2009, 07:39 PM
I was once confused in a dream.Al Zaara I didn't mean any bad intentions.

*charisma*
03-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

because I am constantly asked by some kaffirs, how can one not be bored in heaven, living for an eternity...
I am sure, after one sees hell-fire, they wouldn't be happier anywhere else :D. Plus we cannot relate on this earth what it is like to be in paradise. In Paradise we don't feel jealousy, insecurity, anger, sadness etc and we won't feel boredom either, and the desire in our hearts will increase more than the desire we had in this dunyaa. How can we judge something that we have not even experienced? We get bored in this dunya because this dunyaa is not meant to fulfill our desires completely, its meant to test us with the desires that we already have. The spark of excitement of obtaining a desire is diminished almost instantly until we move on to something else. However, in Paradise, it's not like that. The purpose of Paradise is to fulfill our desires but still for us to continue desiring without limits, without consequences, and with everlasting desire, not just a spark. We only get a taste of what desire is in this world compared to the hereafter, and subhanallah how strong it can be at times, especially when people keep giving into their lower nafs.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

جوري
03-29-2009, 12:30 AM
^^ agreed.. I desired to give an analogy that even refractory inhabitants of earth can relate to..:smile:

Thanks for all who have participated.. dreams are an interesting state of being.. I too have had the same recurring dream since I was a little girl... sob7an Allah.. the majority of the dreams I have come to be....

alcurad
03-29-2009, 12:44 AM
the majority of the dreams I have come to be....

come to be four dots:)?

Güven
03-29-2009, 12:47 AM
I rarely have dreams , but if I have, the only thing I can remember is that it is always dark and depressing.

Although I had one dream, I probably will never forget....

جوري
03-29-2009, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
come to be four dots:)?
:confused:-------:D
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I rarely have dreams , but if I have, the only thing I can remember is that it is always dark and depressing.

Although I had one dream, I probably will never forget....
You probably wake up from stage IV dream, if you woke up from REM you'd remember.. every body dreams but there are stages to dreams from stage I (relaxed ready to sleep stage) to IV deep sleep...

and Allah swt knows best

aamirsaab
03-29-2009, 09:49 AM
As far as I can remember I've not felt ANY emotion in a dream.

Matter of fact, I've just been in a state of acceptance. One involved me having a conversation with two people, though I have seen, have never spoken with.
And I didn't question it during the dream (or any of the dreams I have had for that matter).

جوري
03-29-2009, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
I might have felt boredom in a dream.. :hmm:

oh I appear to have missed this one.. how does boredom manifest in a dream? Do you remember details? it seems like such an esoteric and highly evolved emotion to have in a very basic/primal state of being...

Al-Zaara
03-30-2009, 10:05 AM

oh I appear to have missed this one.. how does boredom manifest in a dream? Do you remember details? it seems like such an esoteric and highly evolved emotion to have in a very basic/primal state of being...

Aleykum selam,

Read it here. :D

I don't know if I could call my states in a dream as primal or very basic. :muddlehea

SouljahOfAllah
03-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Ive never felt bordom, but sometimes i would have these really physical and 'life life' dreams were i would be falling, and it will litrally feel as though i was faling.

i dont understand how one can be bored in a dream though :uuh:

جوري
03-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

Aleykum selam,

Read it here. :D

I don't know if I could call my states in a dream as primal or very basic. :muddlehea
A dream is not basic or primal, if dreams themselves were basic we'd all be having the same dream as they are on the lowest common denominator nothing but rapid firing of neurons-- sleep however is basic like food, like survival and propagation a primal need...

I read your dream it was interesting, played out like a movie ;D so you sat there on a rock bored awaiting awakening? perhaps you were semi-conscious in that state between REM and II and Allah swt knows best...

but you are certainly unique as I have asked this question before in my circles of friend and no one was ever bored in a dream..

Ali.
03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
On the topic of sleep stages.. Did you watch the programme 'Why Do We Have Dreams?", I think it was on BBC. It was an interesting theory.. that apparently dreams help us sleep and 'prepare us for the day ahead'.

Though.. you're in America? So that means you couldn't watch it?

جوري
03-30-2009, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
On the topic of sleep stages.. Did you watch the programme 'Why Do We Have Dreams?", I think it was on BBC. It was an interesting theory.. that apparently dreams help us sleep and 'prepare us for the day ahead'.

Though.. you're in America? So that means you couldn't watch it?
I like the Islamic perspective on dreams better and I find it on a (personal level) to be true
I have dove into the topic outside of academia just out of pure interest in the psychology behind it and the symbolism.. have quite a few western books by PhD's on the topic, I don't find them to be as credible as the Islamic stance even when it comes to symbolism with such things as baby girls, or worms, fruits, animals, visitations from the dead (whether they take or give), loss of teeth etc..
I try not to interpret dreams for people but usually have an idea exactly what the dream means so I tell them after the fact of the matter..
My sister once had a dream of losing one of her major teeth in the back and shortly thereafter my eldest uncle died.. I knew at the time that it meant the death of someone, but after reading more I learned that which tooth has to do with the order of a family member...

I think some dreams can be very prophetic and in fact they are mentioned as 1/40th of prophet-hood and Allah swt knows best

Al-Zaara
03-30-2009, 04:57 PM

A dream is not basic or primal, if dreams themselves were basic we'd all be having the same dream as they are on the lowest common denominator nothing but rapid firing of neurons-- sleep however is basic like food, like survival and propagation a primal need...
Aleykum selam,

Ah, that's how you meant it.

I read your dream it was interesting, played out like a movie ;D so you sat there on a rock bored awaiting awakening? perhaps you were semi-conscious in that state between REM and II and Allah swt knows best...
My dreams are usually like movies. Trust me, Spielberg would wish he had access to my dreams, for they are all highly potential blockbusters... ;D

جوري
03-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Aleykum selam,

Ah, that's how you meant it.

My dreams are usually like movies. Trust me, Spielberg would wish he had access to my dreams, for they are all highly potential blockbusters... ;D
I know what you mean.,. I had the oddest dream the other day (funny enough) I never cook and a friend of mine called asking if I had all these dreams about frying chicken because I had spent the day cooking given my mom is still on vacation over seas (but I do digress) the actual dream I had was on these two students who were being tested on Opera pieces, and they were playing them as I was quizzing them, the music was so vivid in my head like a songbird ran along the lines of 'Douce Dame Jolie' and then the first student said that the composer had a brain defect and had a dental procedure which as a sequelae made the roof of his mouth collapse and later caused a brain herniation.. where did that come from? :muddlehea

Mikayeel
04-07-2009, 05:06 PM

What i find weird is, that in my dreams i learn stuff. LIke new words, the correct way of pronouncing certain stuff, once i had a dream that i made a spelling mistake on something that would of mattered and when i went back to check the mistake was there.

Is it actually possible for someone to learn something which he did not know in his dreams... or is it like u knew it but it was in ur unconscious mind?

my newest word that i dreamt of was : jeopardize lol

:w: :)

جوري
04-07-2009, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel

What i find weird is, that in my dreams i learn stuff. LIke new words, the correct way of pronouncing certain stuff, once i had a dream that i made a spelling mistake on something that would of mattered and when i went back to check the mistake was there.

Is it actually possible for someone to learn something which he did not know in his dreams... or is it like u knew it but it was in ur unconscious mind?

my newest word that i dreamt of was : jeopardize lol

:w: :)
It isn't uncommon.. indeed all the knowledge of the universe is already within us, we are but to reach for it...(including knowledge of the creator)

speaking of which, once I had a serious problem with my siphon, and plumbing wasn't going to come on the weekend.. I tried everything to fix it (I am a do it yourselfer type person)... anyhow I was content using the other bathrooms until monday, but as it so happened I had a dream that evening of exactly how to fix it, it made perfect sense in the dream, when I woke up I thought it was just a joke, that couldn't be the solution.. well as it turned out that is exactly how I was to fix it so problem was solved in three mins.. and my parents were amazed, not only are my dreams partly prophetic but can also solve applied physics... :D

Muezzin
04-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I once had a dream where the Splinter Cell bloke was kicking ninja buttock through the Ewok tree-house village on Endor.

Sweet.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-03-2011, 12:55 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Interesting thread..

I have dreams, but rarely remember them as they're not all that interesting..i.e. weird, geeky

But usually if a dream is good/meaningful i remember it, if that makes sense :-\

Not sure if i've ever felt bored but have felt scared, once I actually woke up crying and once even laughing lol :skeleton:

Mujahideen92
09-03-2011, 10:32 PM
I had a dream where I was a jedi, it was awesome i was running so fast and I was using force push and using all these force powers...best dream ever

GuestFellow
09-04-2011, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

:wa:

I never felt boredom in a dream. XD I do laugh in my sleep...most of my dreams are too weird. O__o

Salahudeen
09-04-2011, 01:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahideen92
I had a dream where I was a jedi, it was awesome i was running so fast and I was using force push and using all these force powers...best dream ever
LOL You must've wated the whole Star Wars series on that day bro ;D When I'm worried about something, I usually get a dream showing me the area of my life that I was worried about and in the dream I feel peaceful and content.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
09-05-2011, 10:13 AM

Really interesting thread... im fascinated by dreams... though do not take most of my own too seriously...

I dont know how to do istikhara.... but in times when i have been a desperate state and needed guidance, ive had good dreams which have indicated a good outcome... even 6 months before the outcome happened...
An example... Going through a very difficult immigration process (2+years) forcing my husband and i to spend long periods apart, very stressful and painful times.......
i had a dream of Arab men in bright white robes at an airport, my husband with me, but then i started having problems with my suitcase, it kept opening up:omg:

6-7 month later, my husband wins the Visa appeal, i fly to Pakistan and we decide to fly back together via Dubai.... then arriving at Newcastle, was stuck for more than an hour because they decided we looked suspicious and wanted to search all 4 suitcases :heated: Needless to say the senior officer came down and stopped the search telling the other officer that "they have pot and pans and clothing... they are setting up life together, pack up and let them through"

More often than not however, i have ridiculously incoherent dreams in which i often wake myself up laughing ;D including one recently where i was flying with dragons:embarrass

Cant remember ever being bored in a dream, unless you count waiting around or standing in queue's boring? :? ive had a few of those in the past.

I also have night terrors from time to time which can be frightening as it starts with a bad dream and leads to sleep-walking/running/shouting/palpitations (while dreaming) and can take me a good while to full "wake" and realise whats happened. But the least said about bad dreams the better.....

From a psychological POV i do believe the majority of dreaming is our brain sorting/storing information/memories.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.