/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About Qur'an

selection
03-29-2009, 01:29 AM
:sl:

There are 2 question about our Al-Qur'an.

1.Some of my friends believe that it's better for us if we kiss Qur'an before we read it. Is this true?

2.Some of my friends believe that it's prohibited if we put Qur'an on the floor or the same height of our feet. Is this true?

Sorry for the mistakes...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
03-29-2009, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by selection
:sl:

There are 2 question about our Al-Qur'an.

1.Some of my friends believe that it's better for us if we kiss Qur'an before we read it. Is this true?
No, kissing the Qur'an is a bidah (newly invented matter in religion - which should be rejected).

With regard to the question of kissing the Mus-haf (copy of the Arabic text of the Qur’aan), the Fatwa Standing Committee (al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Iftaa) answered a question on this matter with the following fatwa: “We know of no basis for kissing the Qur’aan.” In another response to a similar question, they said: “We know of no evidence that prescribes kissing the Qur’aan, which was revealed to be recited, respected, understood and acted upon.” (Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, no. 4172)

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2260/kiss%20qur%60aan

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!