/* */

PDA

View Full Version : can women show their feet to non-mahram?

ahmed_indian
03-29-2009, 02:46 PM
salaam,

women in marketplaces do not cover their feet, is it wrong?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
pvg8260
03-29-2009, 04:43 PM
the feet are part of your Awrah exposing it is Haraam. You can read why here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_fetishism

Sahabiyaat
03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
hang on

isnt it hands face and feet that do not have to be covered?

nebula
03-29-2009, 05:45 PM
i read that the feet are part of the womens awrah and that they must be covered whilst praying otherwise Allah will not accept the prayer and also outside the prayer they must be covered.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
03-29-2009, 08:21 PM
ah.............just like you believe beards are fard....?

and so all my prayers have not been accepted ................cuz my feet were showing...................right.... :muddlehea

Güven
03-29-2009, 08:31 PM
:sl:

there are differences in the opinions of scholars.

the ones who follow the Hanafi madhab believe that the Face,hands AND feet are not awrah.

nebula
03-30-2009, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
ah.............just like you believe beards are fard....?

and so all my prayers have not been accepted ................cuz my feet were showing...................right.... :muddlehea
sister, beards are fard they are NOT sunnah, its not something i made up its fact.

ayan333
03-30-2009, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
sister, beards are fard they are NOT sunnah, its not something i made up its fact.
:sl:

i strongly agree!

and that which you have doubts about,just stay away from it.follow the Sunnah,i cant see how covering your feet in Salah can be so diffuclt.sis you should research it to get more information InshALLAH

plus if you go out in the proper atire,cloths that you can actually Pray with then that would be better for you,for all of us

:w:

Sahabiyaat
03-30-2009, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
are you serious?

so everyone without a beard right now is sinning?

(it would be good if you open a new thread about this!)

-Elle-
03-31-2009, 04:14 AM
well,doesn't sunnah mean that you are not obliged to do it, yet it would be more proper since you are following the ways of the Prophet(SAW)?

Anyway, for the O.P, Guven answered it spot on.

pvg8260
03-31-2009, 07:57 AM
some people say the sunnah is not and obligation, other says it's and some even started saying you don't have to follow the sunnah . However, you can read these article and judge for your self.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olym...tissunnah.html

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

saba muslimah
03-31-2009, 08:14 AM
Re: can women show their feet to non-mahram?
I think the Question is for specific places...where the women in islam should nt showing there feet, Like in "Shops or markets of Shoe shopkeeper" ...

May Allah forgive me if m wrong here...
N u too forgive me bcoz m Learning Islam in depth,...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.