/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ruling on giving a copy of the Qur'an with a translation to a non-muslim

Ummu Sufyaan
03-30-2009, 07:10 AM
:sl:

Is it permissible to give for Da'wah to the non-Muslims a translation of the meanings of the Qur'aan which accompanies the original Arabic text as well?

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen: what is the ruling on giving a kaafir a copy of the Qur’aan containing the text in Arabic and a translation and commentary amounting to half of the content?

He replied, may Allaah preserve him:

“What is known among the scholars is that it is not permissible to give a kaafir power over the Qur’aan (i.e., put it at his disposal), but if a kaafir is sincere in his desire to know more about the Qur’aan, a person can invite him to come to a library – either a public library or his own home library, where he can show him the Qur’aan.”

If you find a translation of the meanings of the Qur’aan without the Arabic text then there is nothing wrong with giving that to a kaafir. And Allaah knows best.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bamboozled
07-27-2009, 10:56 PM
I am actually not sure if this is actually 100% accurate.

I found this video by Dr Zakir Naik:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkWDqHNjc7c

Snowflake
07-27-2009, 10:58 PM
I agree with Zakir Naik (as seen on tv).

umairlooms
08-09-2015, 04:18 PM
?? Cannot give a copy of the Quran to a non Muslim??

What a way NOT to help spread the word

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
08-09-2015, 05:20 PM
let them download the app then :D

Scimi

Abz2000
08-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Umar ra came to Islam after reading the opening verses of surah TaHa,

imagine owning an Islamic bookshop and denying every kafir who asked for a copy of the Quran the opportunity to understand it.
or even more amazing, imagine being an Arab in an Arbic speaking country and telling a kafir Arab who only understands Arabic that he can only have a translation in a different language.

But then, if you have a valid reason to believe someone will mistreat it, of course Allah has granted you such a thing as good judgement, use it.

11And the whole vision is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which they give to one that can read, saying, Read this, I pray thee; and he saith, I cannot, for it is sealed.*
12And they give the book to him that cannot read, saying, Read this, I pray thee; and he saith, I cannot read.

13And the Lord saith, Forasmuch as this people draw near with their mouth, and honour me with their lips, but their heart is removed far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught of men;
14therefore, behold, I will proceed to do marvellously with this people, to do marvellously, even with wonder, and the wisdom of their wise [men] shall perish, and the understanding of their intelligent ones shall be hid.

Abz2000
08-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Coffee Is Haram?
How to Deal with Strange Fatwas

By Shari`ah Staff
Sunday, 09 August 2015 00:00

Did you know that 5 centuries ago,*drinking coffee in Makkah or in Cairo was illegal, punishable by jail and lashing?

Why?

Because it was the prevalent*fatwa*and fiqhi opinion that coffee was prohibited as a type of intoxicants.

One more example: did you know that once upon a time, owning a printing press was punishable to execution?
Muslims were deprived of the benefits of printing for centuries partly because some scholars believed it is*haram.
There are more examples, some of which are very recent.

But why do some scholars adopt such opinions? Why are some fiqhi opinions disconnected from real life?

In this important, informative and relevant lecture, Sheikh Yasir Qadhi sheds light on this sensitive topic. He lists more examples, discusses the causes behind such phenomenon, highlights the dilema of living in the West and outsourcing fatwas and gives a 5-point prescription for dealing with controversial issues.*

In this Video:

Why some scholars are disconnected from reality
There is only one Islam: A cliché?
Debate about gender issue
How did Prophet Lut deal with his homosexual neighbors?
5 rules to deal with controversial issues.
Insourcing or outsourcing fatwas?

http://www.onislam.net/english/shari...imam-west.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.