salaam everybody,

in Quran we have letters like seen, saad, sa

but i pronounce them in the same way.

am i doing wrong?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MO783
03-30-2009, 11:57 AM
:sl:

you need to hear qirat or speak to a qari, learning the correct pronounciation via email is not the correct way

ask local scholars, Inshallah you will learn, it is nice that you are trying.

Abdu-l-Majeed
03-30-2009, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
salaam everybody,

in Quran we have letters like seen, saad, sa

but i pronounce them in the same way.

am i doing wrong?
:wasalamex

Yes, akhi, and you should correct as soon as possible! Here's an example what happens when you mix up letters:

خلق - create
حلق - shave
هلك - destroy

And there are people who pronounce them the same!

So, akhi, you should go to some tajweed classes. There you'll learn in sha Allah something about correct pronunciation.

islamlover_girl
04-01-2009, 01:15 AM
Every letter in Arabic has its own way to pronounce,if u pronounced ( seen ) like( sad ) u may change the meaning of the word completely for example: (صار ) (sar with sad)means have been and (سار ) (sar with seen) means walked .
The best way to learn how to pronounce it right is using a scholar as he would tell u in shaa Allah how to move ur mouth and tongue will pronouncing every letter to pronounce it in the right way.
If it isn`t available in ur area to have a teacher for quran then u can listen to quran cassette or audio a lot and try to repeat the same like it.But remember ,it will be extremly better to use a scholar.May Allah helps u.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamlover_girl
04-01-2009, 02:45 AM
I hope this vedeo will helps u in shaa Allah

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/184428..._quran_part_1/

islamlover_girl
04-01-2009, 03:03 AM
I `d like to add a simple information.
when u pronounce the letters ( ث ) , ( ظ ) and ( ذ ) u have to make ur tongue out of ur mouth when u r pronouncing them.
while in all the other letters u don`t.so that`s a diffrence bettween the letter( س ) and the letter ( ث ) as u don`t make ur tongue out of ur mouth in the letter ( س ) .
also in the letter ( ز ) u don`t make ur tounge out of ur mouth,while u do in (ذ ) , (ظ)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.