/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teachings

AnonymousPoster
03-30-2009, 05:42 PM
:sl: Brothers and sisters!
I have came here to hopfully find the knolege i am seeking about studdying islam!
I would like 2 know any web pages or places of Madrasa's in England, Prefrebly where i can stay at,And eat in the company of my Fellow Muslim Borthers for a period of time.
Any information would be a great help.
Jazakallah
Ps i am a Revert of 6 monthes, White, 21year old!
Thankyou

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
03-31-2009, 09:30 AM
:wasalamex brother, and congratulations on accepting Islam. :)

If you are about to embark upon the honorable journey of gaining knowledge, then there is a course in London (on 4th - 5th April 09) which I would like to recommend to you (very strongly!).

The course is called Roadmap to Knowledge, u can read more about it here and what it contains:

http://alkauthar.org/

They are also holding it in Birmingham (on 11th - 12th July 09)

May Allaah continue to guide you upon the straight path and on the path to beneficial knowledge. Aameen

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 10:49 AM
:sl: And Thankyou Brother!
jazakallah for the advice and will look more closely at the web page you have provided me!
I had summthing More in mind of a little more time sutch as a 2weeks-a month or maybe more!
All help is apreciated Jazakallah
Thakyou

S_87
03-31-2009, 11:10 AM
:sl:

whereabouts in england are u baseD?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 01:15 PM
I am in Gloucester!
Thankyou brothers & sisters

anonymous
03-31-2009, 01:18 PM
:wasalamex u are very welcome!

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl: And Thankyou Brother!
jazakallah for the advice and will look more closely at the web page you have provided me!
insha' Allaah, do!

I had summthing More in mind of a little more time sutch as a 2weeks-a month or maybe more!
ah, Insha' Allaah the other brothers and sisters on here can help u with that then, as I don't know of any at the moment.

But I'd still recommend this course to anyone who wants to become a serious student of Knowledge, for a Map is crucial before we begin our journey. :D Actually forget what I say, you read about the course yourself (info pasted below), and if u feel it will really help you and u need to attend it, then go ahead!

Roadmap To Knowledge

"Allah (Subhanahu wa taala) will elevate those who have believed among you and those who have been given knowledge (multiple) degrees" [Surah Al Mujadala: 11]

"Seeking knowledge is an obligation on every Muslim" [Ibn Majah: 224]

"
Whoever takes a path of seeking knowledge, Allah will ease a path for him leading to Paradise" [Al Tirmidhi: 2646]
Nearly every person's life story goes like this: Once upon a time, way in the past, you were the average Muslim (or non-Muslim), living your life just like the other five billion people living on this planet. You wake up in the morning, eat breakfast, go to school (or work), come back, eat dinner, spend some time enjoying yourself with your family, internet, or in front of the TV, and then go to sleep. The weekend comes, you enjoy yourself further, either visiting friends or doing leisure activities. Sunday night comes, and now you need to sleep to get ready again to repeat the same process over and over!

One day, something happens in your life that reminds you of why you are here (to worship Allah subhanahu wa taala) and that your time on this planet is very limited. So now, you want to take a new path in your life, to come closer to Allah subhanahu wa taala and to reach the highest level of Jannah by learning your religion and serving Islam.

Next, you decide to go to your local Masjid, in search of more knowledge of this religion, and you attend a few Halaqas that seem to talk about random topics. You feel you are not satisfied enough.

One of the Islamic Institutes comes to your town, you join the class, and you discover the beauty of knowledge. But then, you are so hungry to learn more and more in between the courses, you cannot travel to study Islam because of your circumstances, but you are dying to learn more.

So you go to the local Islamic Bookstore or library, determined to learn on your own. But you are lost between some of the following questions:

• Which book should I start with?
  • What branch of Islamic Science is the most Important to learn first?
  • Should I study the Fundamentals of Fiqh first or the Rulings of Fiqh?
  • How much should I learn about Aqeeda before I start studying Tafseer?
  • There are so many scholars/Institutes/books/sects/groups out there that I feel completely lost and don't know what to choose or where to start from!

Have any of the following Scenarios happened to you?

• There are so many courses offered in your town or Institutions that offer courses, but you do not know in what order you need to take the courses?
  • You wasted years of your life reading the books that are not the best ones in their area, or are too advanced for your stage?
  • You hear so many different opinions, but you cannot select the most authentic one?
  • There are so many Scholars out there, but you do not know how to choose one that would give you the maximum results?
  • You cannot tell real scholars from a good speaker?
  • Your Sheikh makes what appears to you to be a mistake, but you do not know what's the proper way to approach him about it?
  • You go to an Islamic bookstore (or website), and you do not know which books to choose for learning from the thousands of books written about Islam?
  • You want to choose friends who will be on the same path of knowledge as you, but do not know from where to start?
  • You studied many courses and books, but cannot recall most of the information?

Chances are that many people have encountered one or more of the scenarios mentioned above. After many years of random seeking of knowledge and listening to lectures, you realize that you are not accomplishing as much as the effort you are putting in. You need someone to save you from this mess and give you a "Roadmap to Knowledge" that details out the whole process for you so that you reach the maximum results in your life and afterlife. Now the time has come!

The humble author of this course has researched dozens of books that talk about the methodology and manners of seeking Islamic Knowledge, has interviewed and consulted a large number of prominent scholars, has reviewed lists of books recommended by scholars about seeking knowledge, has listened to nearly all lectures addressing the topic in both languages, and has compiled the information into a "Roadmap to Knowledge" course.

Moreover, he has spent months in English Islamic Bookstores and Libraries to find out what are the best available books out there written in English. This is the first time that such a list has been made of Islamic Books in English that is comprehensive and is ordered in a step-by-step list.
Some of the other things you will learn in this course:

• The rewards and benefits of seeking knowledge so that you can become motivated.
  • The manners of the Student of Knowledge.
  • How to talk and act like a Student of Knowledge for credibility.
  • Secrets of the Scholars of the Past in learning knowledge.
  • How to master each branch of Islamic Sciences.
  • Manners of debating with those who oppose your opinion.
  • Effective reading techniques based on the latest research.
  • How to create a home library that is comprehensive and will get you results without having to move to a bigger house!
  • Get introduced to each branch of knowledge and the best scholars and books in each area of study.
  • How to turn your knowledge into action and use it effectively.
  • Avoid common mistakes in seeking knowledge that waste years of your life.

You will no longer be randomly seeking bits of knowledge from here and there!
Who is this course for?

• Students of Knowledge who want to have a plan for seeking knowledge, but do not know from where to start.
  • Imams, teachers, and young Scholars who are very knowledgeable, but do not know how to design a plan of seeking knowledge for their students or how to coach them, or even how to advance in self learning.
  • Students who have spent years of their life seeking knowledge, but have not accomplished any results yet because of a lack of a plan.
  • Parents who want to have a plan of knowledge for their children, but do not know from where to start.
  • Researchers who perform studies about Islamic topics, but do not know what are the most reliable sources in every branch of Islamic Knowledge.
  • New Muslims who are just starting to learn, but cannot distinguish between the many opinions, scholars, and books that are out there.
  • The average Muslim that wants to learn about Islam in their free time, but is lost in the wealth of information available, and feels powerless whenever something is discussed either with other Muslims or with non-Muslims.
  • Students who have sought some knowledge, but cannot decide what area of Islamic Studies they should specialize in.

What will you come out with at the end of the course?

• A binder that summarizes the most important rules of learning knowledge, with a complete plan of seeking knowledge.
  • A step-by-step process of acquiring Islamic Knowledge.
  • A comprehensive list of the best books in each branch of Islamic Sciences ranked from the easiest to the hardest, and the best scholars in the history of each field, so that you could start self-learning!
  • Another list detailing the best audio/video material available out there that could be used for self learning on the go.
  • The best publishers in the business that you could trust.
  • Motivation to seek knowledge on your own without loosing patience until "the next" course comes to town.

Using this roadmap, the instructor has learned more knowledge in the past four years than the fifteen years before that! Are you going to waste another twenty years of your life discovering things by trial-and-error? Stop wasting time with random and ineffective ways of learning and ENROL NOW!

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Thankyou for the Web page provided,I have teken a look at it and it i think that maybe they will talk about things witch i do not know of!
It looks like a verry Decent & formal madrassa, and i have not mutch knolege of deep islam!,of course i know about the five pillors ect but i know just the basic fundermentals of islam.
i am currently learning arabic, and reading a lot of books about our prophets!

i have heared of a thing called jummat.
Would anyone be able to give me more information about jummat?
Jazakallah

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 07:17 PM
:sl: & Thankyou for the responce so far!
Is it posable to find a bording,school type Madrassa for adults in the uk?
ie Place to live with muslim brothers and be tought about islam in exchange for Money.
Jazakallah

anonymous
03-31-2009, 08:05 PM
:sl: It might be a good idea to contact Markfield Institute of Higher Education in Leicester. They offer various Islamic courses!

http://www.mihe.org.uk/mihe/index.php?s=9

I've been there, and its a great place alhamdulillaah! :)

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Jazakallah Sister,This is exactly what i am looking for!

Thankyou For your help,i have sent a email asking about costs of courses and accomadation ect!
Inshallah They will get back to me.
Thankyou for your troubles brothers and sisters

p.s Do you think it would be ok if i can't read and write arabic to still attend?)
jazakallah

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Just got an Email back saying.....Thanks for your email. I am out of office from 30 March – 28 April 2009. Kindly write to registrar@mihe.org.uk for any urgent requests or enquiries.! :thumbs_do
So i will just nead to w8 and save my money lol .
Jazakallha

anonymous
03-31-2009, 09:04 PM
p.s Do you think it would be ok if i can't read and write arabic to still attend?)
jazakallah
:w:

I should think so insha' Allaah. How much do u know already?

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 09:31 PM
I Know verry little,i am learning the Alphabet at the moment :(
Inshallah i will pick it up fast!
Jazakallah

anonymous
03-31-2009, 09:41 PM
salaam, u can quickly learn to read Arabic here, and know it all by the time the person comes back on 28th April insha' Allaah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tWA7...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJD4pTA4RVg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHZYR...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNxqn...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_-SW...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh-h3...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dF1...eature=related

oopsie, no more lessons :(

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Jazakallah sister you are mutch help to me.. May allah (swa) Plant a tree in jennah for you.
I reget to inform you that i have no speekers!! :thumbs_do
Do you know of any Basic writen sites?
Thankyou

anonymous
03-31-2009, 09:55 PM
I Know verry little,i am learning the Alphabet at the moment :(
Inshallah i will pick it up fast!
Jazakallah
This might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFIJO5KSLLg&NR=1

You are learning Arabic so u can read the Qur'aan. Allaah will give u good deeds for every letter you struggle to pronounce.

Abdullah bin Masood (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrates that The Messenger of Allah :arabic5: said: "Whoever reads one letter of the Quran receives the reward of one good deed. And one good deed is multiplied ten times.

Also, the Prophet (peace and blessings upon him) said, "Those who recite the Qur'an beautifully are like the noble scribes (angels) but as for those who are struggling to read it with hardship will merit double rewards," (Bukhari & Muslim).

Abdullah88
03-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Jazakallah sister,Verry in spiyering!
Hopfully inshalah i shall not struggle to mutch with it!
Thankyou fot the help.

anonymous
03-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Can hear without speakers, no? :confused:

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Lol No i canot hear withought speekers but i have a plan, to download the alphabet on my mp3 player and learn spoken from that and learn the writen from the site you provided ;) Thankyou
Jazakallah

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Do you know of were i can finad the alphabet to download onto my mp3?
Jazakallah

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 11:15 PM
I have came across this website, and it is different form The other alphabet!
Witch one shall i learn?
http://www.shariahprogram.ca/Arabic-alphabet.shtml
Jazakallah

anonymous
04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
I have came across this website, and it is different form The other alphabet!
Witch one shall i learn?
http://www.shariahprogram.ca/Arabic-alphabet.shtml
Jazakallah

That's a very good site too alhamdulillaah. Their pronunciation is good, but the transliteration is slightly different. Its all correct, except these two letters on the site, for which perhaps a more better transliteration would be..

ظ

thau (th as in the)

ق qauf (heavy letter)

You can use whichever site you find easier, more clearer and are more comfortable with.

AnonymousPoster
04-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Ok Thankyou, Inshallah i will learn it with not mutch diffucalty so i can go on to the next step or reading arabic!
Do you know of any web sites of where i would be able to find someone giving the pranounciations of eatch Charicter, That i can download onto my mp3 [player?
Jazakallah

anonymous
04-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Ok Thankyou, Inshallah i will learn it with not mutch diffucalty so i can go on to the next step or reading arabic!
Do you know of any web sites of where i would be able to find someone giving the pranounciations of eatch Charicter, That i can download onto my mp3 [player?
Jazakallah

You can download them onto mp3 by converting the Youtube vids using media converter.

1. Go to this website:

http://www.mediaconverter.org/

2. select convert a video by url

3. Paste in the youtube vid url [ this youtube vid is also good for learning alphabet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE28pejcWt4 ]

4. Click next step

5. Select file type to mp3

6. Name it whatever u want

7. Click next step

8. Again next step

9. It will start downloading and then converting,

10. Click on Download now

Hope that helped

AnonymousPoster
04-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Thankyou for the information you have been most helpfull.
i am on my wat to reading better Arabic inshallah i will be reading the arabic koran one day!
Thankyou

p.s any further questions i will not hesatate to seek advise from here :D
jazakallah

anonymous
04-03-2009, 08:59 AM

You are welcome! Oh just one last thing you might find helpful:

For learning the Qur'aan or small Surahs (such as Al-Fatihah which we read in our prayers everyday, and Surah Al Ikhlaas etc ), here are two more very very useful sites alhamdulillaah.

http://mounthira.com/

http://www.quranexplorer.com/

---> Launch Quran Explorer.

These sites repeat the verse u want to learn as many times as u wish (repeat them all individually!).

Insha' Allaah u will learn very fast! :)

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.