/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this new movie???

starmusicmoe
03-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey Everyone,

My question is simply to know how do you guys think of those types of islamic movies? this is a new movie called "The Lifting of the Veil", I don't know when it's gonna come out, but It's getting more famous everyday.

please do let me know is it prohibited to watch those kind of movies or not?

here is the link:

http://www.mtviggy.com/desi/film-tra...ng-of-the-veil

Thanks everyone.

Mohammed

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
03-30-2009, 09:52 PM
to some it up ,its a pakistani film that doesn't benefit islam in anyway with its sufi guys chanting 'Allahu Allahu' in some scary music

ژاله
03-31-2009, 02:56 PM
^you talking about "khuda ke liye",right?exactly,it has got nothing to do with islam,the film makers just pretending that they have made an islamic movie,expressing religion in a dodgy,twisted and wrong way

starmusicmoe
03-31-2009, 03:20 PM
so does it represent Islam at all?? whatever a good or bad way?

Im curious about it maybe because of the movie name. does anyone know when is the movie coming out or how to get it?

Thanks,

Mohammed

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
03-31-2009, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by starmusicmoe
so does it represent Islam at all?? whatever a good or bad way?

Im curious about it maybe because of the movie name. does anyone know when is the movie coming out or how to get it?

Thanks,

Mohammed
nope not really, don't know why you'd be interested in watching it

its probably just a pakistani attempt at targeting english audiences, kind of like slumdog millionaire. So nothing to do with islam

if you want to watch a good attempt at an islamic movie then watch 'the message' heres a link

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074896/

and the actual movie: http://video.google.co.uk/videosearc...8&sa=N&tab=wv#

starmusicmoe
03-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for noticing..
I'm glad you help with that.

Mohammed

Yanal
04-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Sadly I do not watch much movies as most of them are not relevant of my studies,but I watched one Islamic movie called the message. If others recommend this movie I might watch it and give my own review.but it has to be suitable for 13 year olds.

Muezzin
04-01-2009, 08:26 PM
The trailer doesn't really tell you much about... anything, but I'd be willing to take a gander at the finished film.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.