/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ALHAMDULLILAH, this place is still running!

Dahir
03-31-2009, 03:46 AM
I've missed my Malaysian family quite a bit, brothers Muslim_Night & Northern_Malaysian and Sister Syilla.

As well as zAk, Muezzin, Alpha_Dude, Fishman, Woodrow, and a lot of other awesome brothers.

Well, I just wanted to catch up, its been almost a year and I've been busy with college in case anyone was wondering and I'm also caught in a flood here in North Dakota.

I wanted to know, outside the education section, how university is in Malaysia. I like the Asian continent a lot, especially East of Arabia/Persia/India, and I wanted to study in China because I love its culture and beauty so much - but why not just settle for beautiful and Muslim Malaysia?

I know I proposed the idea of going to college in India about 2 years ago, but now that I'm almost a second-year college student, its even more worth it to ask about info since I can be there very soon.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
coddles76
03-31-2009, 03:49 AM
:sl:

Welcome back brother,

I love Malaysia, if anbody can find me a reputable job there I'd be more than happy to live there

Dahir
03-31-2009, 04:16 AM
Thanks brothers, but I'm no longer interested in engineering, I've got an entirely different outlook on what I want to do.

But I'm still looking forward to checking out Asia, I was thinking China, possibly India - but if you mix those 2, you get Malaysia.

:shade:

syilla
03-31-2009, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I've missed my Malaysian family quite a bit, brothers Muslim_Night & Northern_Malaysian and Sister Syilla.

As well as zAk, Muezzin, Alpha_Dude, Fishman, Woodrow, and a lot of other awesome brothers.

Well, I just wanted to catch up, its been almost a year and I've been busy with college in case anyone was wondering and I'm also caught in a flood here in North Dakota.

I wanted to know, outside the education section, how university is in Malaysia. I like the Asian continent a lot, especially East of Arabia/Persia/India, and I wanted to study in China because I love its culture and beauty so much - but why not just settle for beautiful and Muslim Malaysia?

I know I proposed the idea of going to college in India about 2 years ago, but now that I'm almost a second-year college student, its even more worth it to ask about info since I can be there very soon.
Alhamdulillah you're safe from the flood. The university here is okay...but probably not so international established...meaning the ranking is still poor. If you can get a better university...just go ahead.

If you're hoping for an islamic Malaysia...perhaps you have to make an extensive reasearch where and how to be surrounded by an islamic people and environment here in Malaysia. If you're in the wrong crowd...you'll probably think the worst of m'sia...

share we us...what course will you be taking?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
03-31-2009, 04:21 AM
Hello Sister Syilla, the strictness of Engineering was not for me and neither was the boredom caused by Computer Science.

I'm currently in Political Science, only because I know a few people who have made good careers, like one of the District Attorneys of Minneapolis as well as a Harvard student who I'm both good friends with. So I thought, why not go their path? :smile:

And about Malaysia, I know its not the perfect Muslim state, but other than Indonesia and Pakistan, what other Muslim states can be found in Southeast Asia?

I think Malaysia is my safest bet, its better than Atheist China.

Woodrow
03-31-2009, 04:21 AM

WELCOME BACK Bro. So you did make it to University of ND, Fargo. What do you think of the Student Masjid. I hope it is still active. Right now I spend most of my time out on the Cheyenne River Lakota Sioux Reservation, in the area of Eagle Butte. The rest of the time in Minnesota and down in the southern end of SD at Pine ridge. We are in the process of moving permanently to Zeeland ND.

You really caught the flooding. The Red river has it it's highest flood stage ever recorded. Pine Ridge is getting walloped in a blizzard right now. You guys caught the same one that hit us 2 weeks ago.

What do you think of Blizzards?

Dahir
03-31-2009, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

WELCOME BACK Bro. So you did make it to University of ND, Fargo. What do you think of the Student Masjid. I hope it is still active. Right now I spend most of my time out on the Cheyenne River Lakota Sioux Reservation, in the area of Eagle Butte. The rest of the time in Minnesota and down in the southern end of SD at Pine ridge. We are in the process of moving permanently to Zeeland ND.

You really caught the flooding. The Red river has it it's highest flood stage ever recorded. Pine Ridge is getting walloped in a blizzard right now. You guys caught the same one that hit us 2 weeks ago.

What do you think of Blizzards?
Wow! Brother Woodrow, you're really near North Dakota!! :muddlehea

Why didn't you tell me earlier, I thought you were still in Texas. Maybe we could've had coffee together near one of these towns - I've traveled a lot here since I've gotten to my school. And thanks for asking, school is going great so far.

The flooding is getting out of hand - the other day I saw a military Black Hawk helicopter flying over our nearby stadium. I did my part in helping the cities of Fargo and Moorhead by helping with filling and stacking sandbags to build levees. And its been snowing for 4 days now, and will snow for another few days, its really bad out here and the Red River is less than 2 miles from my apartment.

And the student masjid isn't much here, there are few active Muslims on campus. But the Lebanese-started mosque has been active since the 1920s and is still VERY busy, that's great mansha allah, we have active Bosnians, Kurds, Somalis, Pakistanis, and other assorted Muslims at the masjid every weekend.

Woodrow
03-31-2009, 04:38 AM
I moved to Minnesota after getting married last April. My wife was raising horses on her own. The horses are out on the Rez. We had planned to move the herd down here and ride them across the rez. Well we never finished our fencing in time and next thing you know summer ended and we got hit with the early snows.

Now we decided to leave the horses out on the rez and move to a house in Zeeland (231 miles from you) makes us next door neighbors now. We have to go to Aberdeen SD in the morning and from there to Fort Mead down by Rapid City in SD. Right now they are being hit by the same blizzard that is pounding pine ridge so we may be snowed in at Fort Mead for a few days.

Dahir
03-31-2009, 04:46 AM
Amazing.

Since I'm a poor student now, I will definitely give you a visit in July when I have a bit more money in my pockets and I'm done with school (summer classes too).

Woodrow
03-31-2009, 05:13 AM
Amazing.

Since I'm a poor student now, I will definitely give you a visit in July when I have a bit more money in my pockets and I'm done with school (summer classes too).
We will probably be in Fargo several times before then. Both Aabidah and myself have to go for Check-ups at the VA almost weekly. The closest VA hospital to Zeeland is in Fargo. But it will take time to get our VA eligibility Transferred from fort Mead to Fargo.

syilla
04-01-2009, 09:06 AM
:salamext:

If you to be more in islamic surrounding..probabbly IIUM is good for the subjects you're taking.

http://www.iiu.edu.my/

Here are the lists of universities in M'sia :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...es_in_Malaysia

May Allah reward you with success in this world and the hereafter

ayesha309
04-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Hello Sister Syilla, the strictness of Engineering was not for me and neither was the boredom caused by Computer Science.

I'm currently in Political Science, only because I know a few people who have made good careers, like one of the District Attorneys of Minneapolis as well as a Harvard student who I'm both good friends with. So I thought, why not go their path? :smile:

And about Malaysia, I know its not the perfect Muslim state, but other than Indonesia and Pakistan, what other Muslim states can be found in Southeast Asia?

I think Malaysia is my safest bet, its better than Atheist China.
Political Science?? :nervous:
I'm in political science, and i really really dont like it anymore. Its getting to the point where i feel everything it says opposes my belief. and toooo philosophical; the phiolosophy is not needed in real life.
Anyhow, maybe you'll enjoy it.

Yanal
04-01-2009, 02:26 PM
If you were here for that one year you weren't then my name would be included in that list:D I don't really know you but Welcome Again.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.