/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I dont know anymore

AnonymousPoster
03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Ive always tried and helped people, ever since i can remember,
helped, always gone out my way, while all along pretending that i havent gone out way.,

Ive always given money to any one, let people off, no one wants to give me it back, im stuck financially, wheres my help.

people mistaken my kindness for weakness.

Ive not made this thread to show what a wonderful person i am.
Ive just had enough no one cares , so why should
The fact i am practising, stops me not caring.

I feel like any one can ask me a favour, but im not allowed to ask for the same back.

i cant save the world, all deed are for allah swt sake i know, so there should be no reason to be down,

MY human nature wants the rewards now, i just want someone to care about me for once,i make dua but nothing happens:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
04-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Bump!!

:w:

Ansariyah
04-09-2009, 10:13 PM
MashaAllah u sound so patient.

I kinda know how u feel. u've been blessed with such good qualities unfortunatelly everyones not so good hearted. Wen u do the good things u do, do it wit a good intention, Allah will reward u for that. Even if they don't pay u back. Allah will repay u for ur kindness one day wen u really need it InshaAllah.

If these people keep taking, u might want to consider not giving anymore. Don't feel bad to say "no". I know it's hard.

Ali.
04-09-2009, 10:33 PM
I feel sorry for you..

All I can advise is you must be patient.

And seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khashi'un [i.e. the true believers in Allah - those who obey Allah with full submission, fear much from His Punishment, and believe in His Promise (Paradise) and in His Warnings (Hell)].
[2:45]

"Yes, if you hold on to patience and piety, and the enemy comes rushing at you; your Lord will help you with five thousand angels having marks (of distinction)."
[3:125]
^Yep this verse is to do with battle [I think], but the moral is to be patient. Very patient.

"And you take vengeance on us only because we believed in the Ayat (proofs, evidence, lessons, signs, etc.) of our Lord when they reached us! Our Lord! pour out on us patience, and cause us to die as Muslims."
[7:126]

Except those who show patience and do righteous good deeds: those, theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward (Paradise).
[11:11]

I hope that was of some use!

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
04-09-2009, 10:43 PM
You sound as though you do those deeds to be rewarded in this world. I know you said, "all deed are for allah swt sake"... But you also said, "MY human nature wants the rewards now". A little contradictory. Not only that, I don't see the point in capitalising the "my". Your human nature is who you are. You are a human, human. There shouldn't be any other type of nature in you.

I say, get your intentions right, and that way, that HUMAN nature of yours should turn right too. Because I don't understand how a soul, who does good entirely for the sake of Allah (swt) and the aakhira, demand the rewards in this world.

Ansariyah
04-09-2009, 10:48 PM
^I think it is human nature to want goodness back. No one is soo righteous that they keep being nice, keep gettin treated not so good, n gets happy about it. It's all about feelings, n thats very much a human nature.

The Ruler
04-09-2009, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
^I think it is human nature to want goodness back. No one is soo righteous that they keep being nice, keep gettin treated not so good, n gets happy about it. It's all about feelings, n thats very much a human nature.
Yah... That's one way to see it. However, I see things differently. ^_^

Cabdullahi
04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
^ fight fight fight!.....................lol....to the thread starter ....i am pretty much the same. i had job where i sorted mail and i was generally helpful towards the other workers especially the old vunerable women......i would lift heavy mail for them push trollies etc.....but i felt sometimes that they wer just using me but nonetheless i carried on doing what i did till i left.....i kept saying to myself i dont need something back from them.....as long as i help them im going to fill up my piggy bank with good deeds and thats enough

mathematician
04-10-2009, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Yah... That's one way to see it. However, I see things differently. ^_^

The Ruler is sharing some great wisdom here that we must not take for granted. When a slave of Allah does something for Allah then all he hopes for is Allah's pleasure, NOTHING ELSE.
Everything else becomes irrelevant. For example, you go feed a hungry person. The person doing that for Allah will hope for His mercy and ignore whether or not the hungry person said thank you.
When other people don't give you the thank you's and treat you the same in return, it's a test to you.
I can't add much more. JazakAllahu khairan The Ruler for the wisdom.

Detritavore
04-10-2009, 05:14 AM
:sl:

Mathematician's post prompted a memory and so I feel the need to add my possibly irrelevant, yet sparkling 2 cents...

As a child my brother was not high on food. Getting him to eat was an daunting task. And when we did manage, sometimes by brute force, the latter he'd look up at us and demand "say thank you!", he did it so often it became somewhat of a habit. From this I learnt much, as it was a beautiful (and ironic) life lesson. You see, by eating my brother was benefitting himself, he needed the nourishment and thus it was he who should be thankful for being giving one of the necessities of life. Yet, instead he demanded some kind of reward in the form of praise. In what way did this empty 'thank you', we'd always reply with, benefit him? How did it improve his situation?

Similarly, every virtuous deed you perform ultimately benefits you and you should be extremely grateful you'd been given the chance to have performed it- you should be thankful. If I were capable of being able to do such things like give away charity I would in a heartbeat with a smile on my face. To me to be able to perform the reward would be reward enough.

More food for thought: are you merely a 'good person' because there is something in it for you? This mentality irks me. Think about it, before the Prophet (SAW) indeed became a prophet was he not a a man of virtue? Once in my younger years the shaytan crept into my thoughts and got me thinking- "what if religion is false and no higher being exists, what if I am wasting my life?". After shrugging of the moment and realizing my subconscious sin and was able to came up with the following reply- "suppose that is so, in what way would have I wasted my life? All I have been commanded is to be an individual respectful of mankind, caring of family and compassionate to the young and old. I have been ordered not to be wasteful or hurtful and to rid myself human vices, to look after all I encounter including myself, my community and the earth as a whole. All I have been commanded to do is nothing but good. And therefore to be frank I'd be doing all of it anyway". Really I was a sharp little one mashAllah.

Anyway I hope that added a new perspective.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.