/* */

PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Praying in clothes bought with haraam money

salamfromrom
03-31-2009, 11:17 PM
Salam a leikum

I have come across this hadith:
If anyone buys a garment for ten dirhams among which one is unlawfully acquired, God most high will not accept prayer from him as long as he wears it.
Muhammad (570 - 632)
Here lies my problem, Many of my clothes have been bought by my non muslim parents who have the money because they won the lottery a while back.

also, the clothes which I have bought for myself are with money which I have honestly worked for in a halal industry , but the money were deposited into a Riba/usury bank which gives interest and as such I fear that the money (and therefore my clothes and prayers) have been in vain!

Will my prayer in such clothes be accepted?

Please help me

Salam a leikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sshussain
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by salamfromrom
Salam a leikum

I have come across this hadith:

Here lies my problem, Many of my clothes have been bought by my non muslim parents who have the money because they won the lottery a while back.

also, the clothes which I have bought for myself are with money which I have honestly worked for in a halal industry , but the money were deposited into a Riba/usury bank which gives interest and as such I fear that the money (and therefore my clothes and prayers) have been in vain!

Will my prayer in such clothes be accepted?

Please help me

Salam a leikum
You can open a checking account in a bank which will not give you interest on your account. Then you can buy clothes from that money. In Shaa Allah, Allah will accept all our prayers. Allah is most forgiving and merciful

anonymous
04-01-2009, 04:59 PM
:sl:

You should ask abt this from a sheikh or Imam of mosque perhaps. Do u know of any whom u can contact? :?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.