PDA

View Full Version : Vote no to ban Hijab in Austrailia



Civilsed
04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
تقوم صحيفة هيرالد صن الان بعمل استفتاء مفادة منع الحجاب في المحلات التجارية باستراليا
إذا كنت غيور على دينك وعلى محارمك فعليك المساهمة فوراً وقبل نهاية التصويت بالمشاركة في التصويت او ارسال الرساله للاصدقاء
حاليا،، أصوات المؤيدين لمنع الحجاب 13% لكننا نطمح بجعله اقل من 5%
وليس ذلك بصعب اذا تكاتفنا لذلك

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/pol...037790,00.html



فقط اضغط على

No --> Vote
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
04-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Voted.. Thanks..

:w:
Reply

GreyKode
04-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Voted
Reply

Silver
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Voted. Most people voted no.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
The Ruler
04-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Why helmets?
Reply

Güven
04-01-2009, 04:36 PM
voted

Helmets and hoodies ? :hmm:
Reply

ardianto
04-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by The Ruler
Why helmets?
Do you mean why helmets must banned in shop ?

Some robbers wear fullface motorcycle helmets for hiding their faces when they are in action.
Reply

Uthman
04-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Voted.
Reply

north_malaysian
04-02-2009, 01:46 AM
For me helmets should be banned from shops... lots of robbers in Malaysia wear full-covered helmets....
Reply

Silver
04-02-2009, 04:52 AM
So Hijab is in the same category as helmets and hoodies?! <_<
Reply

north_malaysian
04-02-2009, 05:02 AM
Originally Posted by Silver
So Hijab is in the same category as helmets and hoodies?!
Nope... that's why it's kinda weird... why wearing hijab to rob a shop... peeps can still see your face..
Reply

sister herb
04-02-2009, 07:11 AM
:w:

Seems they don´t understand difference between "hijab" and "niqab".

:uuh:

Voted in any way.
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
04-02-2009, 08:57 AM
:sl:
hmmm...i wonder what the poll results would be if it were only "hijabs" in the poll qn...
Reply

Azy
04-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Nope... that's why it's kinda weird... why wearing hijab to rob a shop... peeps can still see your face..
Originally Posted by sister harb
Seems they don´t understand difference between "hijab" and "niqab".
Hoodies don't cover your face either but it makes it difficult to identify people on cctv footage because the cameras are not usually at eye level.
Reply

Malaikah
04-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Guys, this is REALLY old stuff! And there is no point voting really, its just a stupid tabloid newspaper.
Reply

Al-Zaara
04-02-2009, 03:01 PM
^ Trust our Australian. :D The Muslim community seems quite strong in Australia, mashaAllah.
Reply

Civilsed
04-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Malaikah
Guys, this is REALLY old stuff! And there is no point voting really, its just a stupid tabloid newspaper.
:sl:

I disagree, we need to have our voices heard, especially on a subject that make our sisters a target AGAIN. We should always speak out against anything that affects us, however small we may think it is.

  • Change it with you hands
  • Change it with you mouth
  • Hate it in you heart (and that is the weakest on faith)
Reply

Azy
04-02-2009, 03:29 PM
There are plenty of other people that this would effect, why do you say they are targetting muslim sisters?
Reply

Civilsed
04-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Azy
There are plenty of other people that this would effect, why do you say they are targetting muslim sisters?
The Hijab has been included hence made a target :uuh:
Reply

Azy
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Yes, yes I get that but the 'AGAIN' made it sound like they were being singled out.
Reply

Civilsed
04-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Azy
Yes, yes I get that but the 'AGAIN' made it sound like they were being singled out.
No not singled out but brought up "again" but i got you point.
Reply

Yanal
04-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Voted but I can't read the Arabic part of the post,can you translate it?
Reply

Ali.
04-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Yanal
Voted but I can't read the Arabic part of the post,can you translate it?
Briefly it's saying that "the newspaper is asking about who wants to ban hijab or not..
if you care about your religion, then you'll vote or send this to your friends
At the moment the votes of supporters who want the ban is 13%, but we aspire to make it less than 5%.
This won't be difficult if we all vote."
Reply

Whatsthepoint
04-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Hijab is fine, they can ban niqab and burqa though.
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
04-03-2009, 06:38 AM
^no they cant :shade:
Reply

Whatsthepoint
04-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
^no they cant :shade:
Yes they can and it would make sense, but I guess it would turn into a severe human rights issue or something.
Reply

Musaafirah
04-03-2009, 12:41 PM
What do you have against niqabs?
Reply

Ummu Sufyaan
04-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Yes they can and it would make sense, but I guess it would turn into a severe human rights issue or something.
even if they did, its not like anyone's gna listen :shade: well i hope not anyway imsad
Reply

Whatsthepoint
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Musaafirah
What do you have against niqabs?
1. I think they're odd and oppressive and anyone wearing it is either brainwashed or terrorized (or terrorists, but I'll get to this in my second point).
2. They're a threat to safety.
If they're ever banned it would only apply to shops and similar places.
Reply

crayon
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
1. I think they're odd and oppressive and anyone wearing it is either brainwashed or terrorized (or terrorists, but I'll get to this in my second point).
Ever stop to think whether you've been brainwashed into thinking that?:rolleyes:
Reply

Whatsthepoint
04-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by crayon
Ever stop to think whether you've been brainwashed into thinking that?:rolleyes:
Perhaps, the media does seem to portray all niqabis as submissive immigrants, and those that are allowed to talk, do so with severely broken English.
Niqabis can also be excessively religious converts, like that woman rom Florida.
Niqab is not obligatory so I don't see the problem in banning it. We also don't let jainist walk around naked.
Reply

crayon
04-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Perhaps, the media does seem to portray all niqabis as submissive immigrants, and those that are allowed to talk, do so with severely broken English.
Niqabis can also be excessively religious converts, like that woman rom Florida.
Niqab is not obligatory so I don't see the problem in banning it. We also don't let jainist walk around naked.
There's a difference in opinion as to whether it is obligatory or not, as I'm sure you already know.
And niqabis can also be regular women who view the niqab as obligatory, or highly recommended.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by crayon
There's a difference in opinion as to whether it is obligatory or not, as I'm sure you already know.
And niqabis can also be regular women who view the niqab as obligatory, or highly recommended.
If they do, then I'm sure they also now it is not recommended to live in a kuffar land, let alone a country that invaded two Muslim countries.
Reply

coddles76
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I Find it extrodinary that people would create a vote on the law of Allah SWT. Even if a country was to ban Hijab, Would a true muslim women abandon the law of Allah SWT because some goverment body tells her so. I find this truly amazing. A women is liberating herself and protecting herself from harm keeping to the safety and recommendation of her creator, I'm sure she will not change that for anybody.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
04-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by coddles76
I Find it extrodinary that people would create a vote on the law of Allah SWT. Even if a country was to ban Hijab, Would a true muslim women abandon the law of Allah SWT because some goverment body tells her so. I find this truly amazing. A women is liberating herself and protecting herself from harm keeping to the safety and recommendation of her creator, I'm sure she will not change that for anybody.
In case they do ban it I wonder how many pious women out there will leave the country.
Reply

coddles76
04-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
In case they do ban it I wonder how many pious women out there will leave the country.
Well I guess there wouldn't be much freedom left in the world. Might aswell Empty out the nuns from there monasteries aswell and let them live on some remote island together.
Reply

Whatsthepoint
04-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by coddles76
Well I guess there wouldn't be much freedom left in the world. Might aswell Empty out the nuns from there monasteries aswell and let them live on some remote island together.
Nuns show their face, I said I'm ok with hijab.
But you know what, you can have your niqab, I'm not in a discriminative mood today, I've just realized that as of yesterday not one but two additional states allow same-sex marriage.
Reply

coddles76
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Nuns show their face, I said I'm ok with hijab.
But you know what, you can have your niqab, I'm not in a discriminative mood today, I've just realized that as of yesterday not one but two additional states allow same-sex marriage.
Which one of those same sex couples will wear the niqab you reckon? I reckon they should both wear it ;)
Reply

Whatsthepoint
04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by coddles76
Which one of those same sex couples will wear the niqab you reckon? I reckon they should both wear it ;)
Ha, it doesn't matter, as long as we all love each other and don't start preemtive wars.
Reply

coddles76
04-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Ha, it doesn't matter, as long as we all love each other and don't start preemtive wars.
Yes I agree, Make love NOT war!
Reply

Azy
04-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by coddles76
Even if a country was to ban Hijab, Would a true muslim women abandon the law of Allah SWT because some goverment body tells her so.
They wouldn't have to abandon it, just not enter any shops while wearing it.
Originally Posted by coddles76
A women is liberating herself and protecting herself from harm keeping to the safety and recommendation of her creator, I'm sure she will not change that for anybody.
I've heard this before, and I'm sure you've heard what I'm about to say but I thought I'd repeat it anyway because I'm hoping one day I'll get an answer I understand.

If a woman is liberating herself by wearing hijab/niqab then why is it that the vast majority of muslim women where I live choose not to do so? They're free to do pretty much whatever they like, who in their right mind wouldn't choose liberation?

I suppose what I'm after is an Islamic definition of 'liberating'.
Reply

Civilsed
04-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Azy
They wouldn't have to abandon it, just not enter any shops while wearing it.
I've heard this before, and I'm sure you've heard what I'm about to say but I thought I'd repeat it anyway because I'm hoping one day I'll get an answer I understand.

If a woman is liberating herself by wearing hijab/niqab then why is it that the vast majority of muslim women where I live choose not to do so? They're free to do pretty much whatever they like, who in their right mind wouldn't choose liberation?

I suppose what I'm after is an Islamic definition of 'liberating'.
Can I ask what is the Non Muslim definition if "Liberating" ?

To you question about muslim women where you live, Even though in the west women find it liberating to walk around with most of their body parts on show the majority will not. Likewise the same where you live.

I guess people are "Different"

Some feel the pressure to look like the latest popstars, Size zero, etc... to fit in, get promoted, go places, become famous, BEING JUDGED,etc.... Hardly "Liberating" :muddlehea

Must be quite liberating NOT feeling these pressure
Reply

Azy
04-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Civilsed
Can I ask what is the Non Muslim definition if "Liberating" ?
In my dictionary:
"making you feel free and able to behave as you like".
Originally Posted by Civilsed
Some feel the pressure to look like the latest popstars, Size zero, etc... to fit in, get promoted, go places, become famous, BEING JUDGED,etc.... Hardly "Liberating" :muddlehea

Must be quite liberating NOT feeling these pressure
I don't understand why wearing a different article of clothing is required to make that happen.
Surely if you choose to wear the hijab/niqab so that you can mentally remove those pressures, then you could choose to do that anyway without changing your dress. The head covering isn't actually making all those things disappear, you simply have a new perspective of them.
Reply

Civilsed
04-04-2009, 07:15 AM
imsad[QUOTE=Azy;1119506]In my dictionary:
"making you feel free and able to behave as you like".

So banning the Hijab or even the Niqab goes agaist your definition as well ?


I don't understand why wearing a different article of clothing is required to make that happen.
Surely if you choose to wear the hijab/niqab so that you can mentally remove those pressures, then you could choose to do that anyway without changing your dress. The head covering isn't actually making all those things disappear, you simply have a new perspective of them
]

No, Wearing an article of clothing should not make a difference, But you cannot deny the "Dress for Success" statement and the pressure on young girls and boy to look a certain way. The Magazines, Films, Adverts are full of it and you know what sells imsad

Although the Hijab is for modesty it does help remove these pressures for girl to look and act a certain way.
Reply

saba muslimah
04-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Voted..!
Reply

Whatsthepoint
04-04-2009, 03:26 PM
The problem with niqab is that it poses several safety concerns and the eventual ban in certain places should not be seen as a human rights infringment.
Reply

KiWi
04-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks for voting, here are the results so far:

Yes 11% (6731 votes)
No 88% (51758 votes)

Total of 58489 votes

interesting
did they say y they wanted to ban this?
Reply

Civilsed
04-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
The problem with niqab is that it poses several safety concerns and the eventual ban in certain places should not be seen as a human rights infringment.
Thanks for the concern, but our sisters have managed for over 1400 years, so i think they can walk around some shop :D
Reply

coddles76
04-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Azy
If a woman is liberating herself by wearing hijab/niqab then why is it that the vast majority of muslim women where I live choose not to do so? They're free to do pretty much whatever they like, who in their right mind wouldn't choose liberation?
I suppose what I'm after is an Islamic definition of 'liberating'.
I can't speak for every women, so I'm afraid I can't answer for the choices of the women where YOU live but I can answer this, A Women who covers herself liberates herself from the desires of man and will be judged by her intelligence not the flesh she posseses.
Reply

Azy
04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Civilsed
"making you feel free and able to behave as you like".
So banning the Hijab or even the Niqab goes agaist your definition as well ?
Yes, but we're not really talking about whether banning it is liberating. Often laws are intended to do exactly the opposite, curb liberties which would result in harm to others.
Originally Posted by Civilsed
No, Wearing an article of clothing should not make a difference, But you cannot deny the "Dress for Success" statement and the pressure on young girls and boy to look a certain way. The Magazines, Films, Adverts are full of it and you know what sells.
Although the Hijab is for modesty it does help remove these pressures for girl to look and act a certain way.
Again, the decision to heed those pressures lies with the person. Muslimahs in western society can often feel more self-conscious because they are dressed differently to their peers. For some of them wearing Islamic dress makes them feel better, for some it doesn't.
There are also pressures on men to look a certain way, but I don't pay any attention to them.
Originally Posted by Civilsed
Thanks for the concern, but our sisters have managed for over 1400 years, so i think they can walk around some shop :D
The ban isn't for their benefit/safety, it's for the shops'. If other head coverings of a similar nature were banned why should they be exempt?
Originally Posted by coddles76
I can't speak for every women, so I'm afraid I can't answer for the choices of the women where YOU live but I can answer this, A Women who covers herself liberates herself from the desires of man and will be judged by her intelligence not the flesh she posseses.
I've heard this argument before and it has some interesting implications. Who is really at fault if a man looks at a woman with desire and then makes a judgement about her based on her appearance?

As an analogy, would you be happy to introduce a law requiring all black people to cover themselves in case whites judged them by their skin colour rather than their intelligence?
Reply

coddles76
04-06-2009, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Azy
Who is really at fault if a man looks at a woman with desire and then makes a judgement about her based on her appearance?

As an analogy, would you be happy to introduce a law requiring all black people to cover themselves in case whites judged them by their skin colour rather than their intelligence?
I can understand why you find it hard to absorb cause it seems that you are not interpreting the context of the statements I made but I will try to make it as clear as possible. Sorry if I fail in the process but I hope you will also try to understand my point.

Firstly there are responsiblities on both sides of the sexual genders to protect themselves from sexual sins and while on the Male side its useful to lower there gaze, the women wil liberate herself from the deviant man who decides not to lower his gaze. The process of covering is for protection and to fulfill the requests of her creator.
Secondly if you go over my comments you will realise that no where did I mention colour of the flesh so the law applies to all regardless of the colour of the skin.
Reply

Bint-Al-Islam
04-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Voted!!! :)
Reply

Azy
04-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by coddles76
I can understand why you find it hard to absorb...
Firstly there are responsiblities on both sides of the sexual genders to protect themselves from sexual sins and while on the Male side its useful to lower there gaze, the women wil liberate herself from the deviant man who decides not to lower his gaze. The process of covering is for protection and to fulfill the requests of her creator.
It's not hard to absorb, it just seems to place the blame with the wrong people.

Again, if you judge a woman based on her body rather than her intelligence is that her fault or yours? If you look at a woman lustfully is that her fault or yours?
Originally Posted by coddles76
Secondly if you go over my comments you will realise that no where did I mention colour of the flesh so the law applies to all regardless of the colour of the skin.
Who said you did?
Reply

coddles76
04-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by Azy
It's not hard to absorb, it just seems to place the blame with the wrong people.

Again, if you judge a woman based on her body rather than her intelligence is that her fault or yours? If you look at a woman lustfully is that her fault or yours?
Once again, I'll try to clarify because it doesn't seem to be sinking in.
You cannot object to the fact that the male creation has been created with desire (More then the female). Both the male and female play a role in PROTECTING themself from this sexual desire. Its not the judging that is the concern. There is no blame game here, it's a matter for both sides to have preventative measures since prevention is better than the cure. I hope I've been a little more clear.

Who said you did?
I was just clarifying your comment about colour, as the issue is not related to the colour of the flesh.

Thank you
Reply

Azy
04-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by coddles76
Both the male and female play a role in PROTECTING themself from this sexual desire.
Why exactly does a woman need protecting from a man's sexual desire?
Originally Posted by coddles76
I was just clarifying your comment about colour, as the issue is not related to the colour of the flesh.
I'd like it if you went back and read the skin colour analogy and tell me what you'd do in the situation I suggested.
Reply

Civilsed
04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Azy
Why exactly does a woman need protecting from a man's sexual desire?
^ Are you serious ??

Women is Islam protect their modesty and do not feel the the to flaunt thier beauty and parts. Quite simple

If a sister decided to adhere to the islamic ruling on this topic then that is her liberty... surely.

A good example is the one Zakir Naik uses about twins one wears a mini skirt and vest and the other observes the Islamic dress, Which one do you this will be harrassed by a group of guys?
Reply

coddles76
04-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Azy
Why exactly does a woman need protecting from a man's sexual desire?
Oh thats right I forgot, the women has all the rights. There is ZERO responsability on the part of the women to protect herself. So if the women decides to shade her beauty and save it for only her husbands eyes, that is wrong, she shouldn't need to, its the man that shouldn't look and he's solely at fault for any sins. Sorry for my lack of understanding, I apologise. You win, your much smarter than me.

I'd like it if you went back and read the skin colour analogy and tell me what you'd do in the situation I suggested.
I'd like it if you went back and understood that the colour of the skin is of no issue here. I will not discuss a topic that is irrelevant
Reply

Azy
04-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Civilsed
^ Are you serious ??
Absolutely.
Originally Posted by Civilsed
A good example is the one Zakir Naik uses about twins one wears a mini skirt and vest and the other observes the Islamic dress, Which one do you this will be harrassed by a group of guys?
Now, rather than desire, you're talking about actual harassment. Which one will be harassed depends upon the guys.

This whole argument revolves around the assumption that, as a deterrent to harassment, covering up actually works.
An excerpt from "The Islamist" by Mohammed Mahbub Hussain, about his time in Saudi Arabia.

Faye was not immodest in her dress. Out of respect for local custom, she wore the long black abaya and covered her hair in a black scarf. In all the years I had known my wife, never had I seen her appear so dull. Yet on two occasions she was accosted by passing Saudi youths from their cars. On another occasion a man pulled up beside our car and offered her his phone number.

In supermarkets I only had to be away from Faye for five minutes and Saudi men would hiss or whisper obscenities as they walked past. When Faye discussed her experiences with local women at the British Council they said: “Welcome to Saudi Arabia.”
...
I discussed my troubles with other British Muslims working at the British Council. Jamal, who was of a W@hh@bi bent, fully agreed with what I observed and went further. “Ed, my wife wore the veil back home in Britain and even there she did not get as many stares as she gets when we go out here.” Another British Muslim had gone as far as tinting his car windows black in order to prevent young Saudis gaping at his wife.
...
Why had the veil and segregation not prevented such behaviour? My Saudi acquaintances, many of them university graduates, argued strongly that, on the contrary, it was the veil and other social norms that were responsible for such widespread sexual frustration among Saudi youth.
Egypt even launched a campaign to try and combat sexual harassment. The article quotes a survey stating 70% of harassed women were veiled.

Originally Posted by coddles76
Oh thats right I forgot, the women has all the rights. There is ZERO responsability on the part of the women to protect herself. So if the women decides to shade her beauty and save it for only her husbands eyes, that is wrong, she shouldn't need to, its the man that shouldn't look and he's solely at fault for any sins.
A person should take responsibility for their own actions. If you harass a woman out of lust that's your fault, if you vandalise a car out of jealousy that's your fault, if you steal something because it wasn't nailed down that's your fault. Don't blame the victim.
Everyone has a right not to be harassed, not just women.
Originally Posted by coddles76
I'd like it if you went back and understood that the colour of the skin is of no issue here. I will not discuss a topic that is irrelevant
Well it was an analogy so it's subject isn't really the point. You wouldn't ever ask a black man to cover up because he was at risk of harassment by white men so why do it to women?
Reply

Civilsed
04-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Again

Originally Posted by Civilsed

^ Are you serious ??

Women is Islam protect their modesty and do not feel the the to flaunt thier beauty and parts. Quite simple

If a sister decided to adhere to the islamic ruling on this topic then that is her liberty... surely.
Reply

Azy
04-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Civilsed
Women is Islam protect their modesty and do not feel the the to flaunt thier beauty and parts. Quite simple

If a sister decided to adhere to the islamic ruling on this topic then that is her liberty... surely.
I'm not sure what your point is... of course it's her liberty to obey Islamic rulings but if she didn't she wouldn't be a muslim and there'd be no point discussing it. Women must dress modestly so they dress modestly.

My questions were related to why people believe that covering up is liberating and whether it actually has that effect or not.
Reply

AntiKarateKid
04-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Azy
Absolutely.
Now, rather than desire, you're talking about actual harassment. Which one will be harassed depends upon the guys.

This whole argument revolves around the assumption that, as a deterrent to harassment, covering up actually works.
An excerpt from "The Islamist" by Mohammed Mahbub Hussain, about his time in Saudi Arabia.


Egypt even launched a campaign to try and combat sexual harassment. The article quotes a survey stating 70% of harassed women were veiled.

A person should take responsibility for their own actions. If you harass a woman out of lust that's your fault, if you vandalise a car out of jealousy that's your fault, if you steal something because it wasn't nailed down that's your fault. Don't blame the victim.
Everyone has a right not to be harassed, not just women.
Well it was an analogy so it's subject isn't really the point. You wouldn't ever ask a black man to cover up because he was at risk of harassment by white men so why do it to women?

Isn't the overhwelming majority of women there veiled anyways?^o)
Reply

coddles76
04-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by Azy
A person should take responsibility for their own actions. If you harass a woman out of lust that's your fault, if you vandalise a car out of jealousy that's your fault, if you steal something because it wasn't nailed down that's your fault. Don't blame the victim.
Once again I'll make it clear as possible. I'm NOT blaming anyone, the fact that a women would cover herself, is for protection only and to prevent the opposite sex from the lure of desire. This is her right to protect herself against the wicked deviant man. It's also the responsibilty for the MAN to lower his gaze. This way both parties have a sense of protection from sin. If A women covers her beauty she greatly minimises the deviant man's lure of the eye. If she doesn't cover up then she will be like a red light flashing in public like the sale of shopping market, in that she holds a responsibility, She's not to blame, but holds a responsibility to the deviant man checking her out up and down. If you can't understand this in the society we live in then you must get your head out of the sand and start looking around you and see what is happening or you are completely blind.

Well it was an analogy so it's subject isn't really the point. You wouldn't ever ask a black man to cover up because he was at risk of harassment by white men so why do it to women?
Regardless of the analogy, I have clearly stated that colour is not of the issue.
Reply

sirajstc
04-08-2009, 02:33 AM
okk
Reply

coddles76
04-09-2009, 03:36 AM
This is a post from a sister in another thread but I thought it would be appropriate to list in this thread since it goes hand in hand and a great comment as a reminder......

Originally Posted by Hijabi
Gift For Women!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assalamu alaykum Wa Rehmatulahi Wabarakatahu, my dear sister's in Islam. Alhamdulilah, this is a short reminder that I would like you to think and reflect upon Insha'Allah-

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.
Insha'Allah, I'm just going to discuss about women and Haya (Modesty).

Today around many countries we see that the Hijab is being ignored. We see the Hijab as an old tradition or a burden that we refuse to accept. Instead, we ignore the command of Allah and His Beloved Messenger Muhammad (s.a.w). But rather we follow and adapt the non-Muslim's lifestyle.

But my dear sister's in Islam, the truth is the hijab is the actual beauty of a Muslimah. It creates a natural innocent look. The 'Nur' (light) comes within the Hijab. So why don't we understand and accept what a beautiful gift Allah Almighty has given us, which protects us from the evil eye.

It has been reported in a Hadith...
'Modesty (Haya) is a branch of Iman'. Subhan'Allah, its so clear that Modesty is part of Iman. Modesty has been highly regarded in Islam. In fact, her real worth lies in modesty itself. If a woman is modest she will receive respect from people. And if not, she will have no value in the Duniya or Akirah. And even her beauty will have no value at all.

I pray and hope Insha'Allah that my dear sister's in Islam accept the beautiful gift that Allah (s.w.t) has given us. And our aim is to please Allah, rather than pleasing others who won't be able to help us in the next life. Follow the teachings of Allah and His Messenger Muhammad (s.a.w). And set a good example to others around you. May Allah give us the strength to preach and practice upon this -Ameen!

'Invite (mankind) to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful advice and reason with them in the best manner possible'. (An Nahl 125)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 01:44 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 10:01 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 11:48 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 02:24 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!