/* */

PDA

View Full Version : losing someone special

anonymous
04-02-2009, 03:55 AM
salam

last year i lost someone very special to me, someone who impacted my life and religion very positively. recently this year we resolved matters, and i thought that's it, no more unfinished business. But weeks later I still have so much to say to him, so much... i feel like there's still voids. I've tried my best to get over him, to move on, to keep Allah in mind. But once in a while he comes up in my mind again and i miss those memories and how importantly he played a role in my life.

how do you deal with someone you miss so much... and feel pain remembering them? imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
04-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Bump

:w:

mathematician
04-10-2009, 04:11 AM
To tell you the truth, losing someone special is just one form of facing a difficulty. So, maybe instead of asking what we do when we lose someone special you could have asked what do you do in difficult times? The human mind can easily fool us that we are the only one suffering. The fact is, EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this person faces some form of difficulty. For some people it's through losing someone special, for some it's through not being able to put food at the dinner table (much more difficult to live with don't you think), for some it's through facing health issues (again very difficult to deal with), etc.
So, once you realize that everyone suffers in some form, what you can do is follow Allah's words in the Qur'an, where He praises those who in difficult times say "inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raji'un" To Allah we belong and to Him we will return.
I hope this helps.

Güven
04-10-2009, 03:37 PM
:sl:

Ofcourse it's difficult but You gotta keep moving and hope that things get better , what else can you do.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
04-10-2009, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
salam

how do you deal with someone you miss so much... and feel pain remembering them? imsad
By pretending they don't exist. And every time they come to your mind, picture something ugly and unworthy.. and imagine giving them a kick which sends them flying out of your mind again. I know it may sound mean, but its quite fun once - I mean, what else can u do? One cannot afford to get sad and depressed. Act cool, act brave, and you will feel it. May Allaah help you. :w:

Soulja Girl
04-10-2009, 03:50 PM
:sl:

Liike someone said before, you gotta move on init, no point cryin over what's been spilt, peeps come into your life and you lose em so you make more fwiendz, it's teh cycle of life, you gotta live wiv it! :)
But yeaaa, it iz hard :X You gotta be strong!

:w:

The Ruler
04-10-2009, 03:51 PM
But weeks later I still have so much to say to him, so much...
Don't you have someone else to talk to? Someone else you can say those words to?

how do you deal with someone you miss so much... and feel pain remembering them?
You just simply have to replace them. It's not too difficult. I don't think it is. Try it. It doesn't necessarily have to be another person. It could be replaced by something rather than someone.

Snowflake
04-11-2009, 10:05 AM
I like what mathmatician said. But still acknowledge that even when we realise others are suffering, it doesn't make our own suffering any less. The best thing you can do is find comfort during those times in the rememberance of Allah. Supplicate in sujood and ask Allah to remove your sorrow. Allah has opened this door for us to reach Him and from experience I know He does not ignore His servant's constant calling on Him for help. I pray this blessing of Allah benefits you too. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.