/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 4 reasons why you should pray for martyrdom

ahmed_indian
04-02-2009, 08:09 AM
salaam all,

i think we all should pray for martyrdom bcoz according to one hadith even if we do not get martyred, we'll get the reward! subhan'Allah.

reasons:

sins are forgiven
no punishment in grave
can intercede for 70 relatives on Day of Judgment
72 hoors in jannah

it goes for both..men and women

when a person becomes shaheed, the soul is put in green birds of jannah and they fly whereever they like and then comes under Most Glorious- Allah's Throne

there are many reports that mujaahideen who are being martyred in Afghanistan fighting against US allies emit extraordinary perfume and street dogs do not come near their bodies.

"Think not of those who are slain in Allah's Way as dead. Nay, they are alive, finding their sustenance in the Presence of their Lord". (al-Ale' Imraan: 169)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
04-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Greetings and peace be with you ahmed_indian;

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are wrong, but there are other people who need our support too.

About thirty thousand children die needlessly every single day from grinding poverty and preventable diseases. About five thousand children have died since you made your post, about four hours ago, children of all faiths and no faith.

How do you fight for the needs of these children with a gun, how can these children be helped by martyrdom?

In the spirit of praying for the poor and oppressed.

Eric

Sahabiyaat
04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
reasons:

sins are forgiven
no punishment in grave
72 hoors in jannah

[/B]
i dont mean to be cheeky, but what am i gna do with 72 hoors? seeing as far as i know about hoors, they are female. :uuh:

wth1257
04-02-2009, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i dont mean to be cheeky, but what am i gna do with 72 hoors? seeing as far as i know about hoors, they are female. :uuh:

Well you'll never have a problem finding enough people to have a really fantastic game of "capture the flag" :ooh:

Or you can assign them to armies and use them to study military tactics like Peter the Great of Russian did with his friends as a child (with real cannons :eek: ).

Personally, I'd use mine to form a modern day Oprichnina to strike terror in the hearts of my enemies as I solidified my sovereignity over the whole of Russian propper ans disband the corrupt boyars :statisfie

Or perhapse that was Ivan the Terrible ^o)

But seriously, doesn't that Hadith have a weak line of transmission?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dawud_uk
04-03-2009, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you ahmed_indian;

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are wrong, but there are other people who need our support too.

About thirty thousand children die needlessly every single day from grinding poverty and preventable diseases. About five thousand children have died since you made your post, about four hours ago, children of all faiths and no faith.

How do you fight for the needs of these children with a gun, how can these children be helped by martyrdom?

In the spirit of praying for the poor and oppressed.

Eric
peace eric,

do you know what the muslim ruler did when we had an islamic state and he heard about the people suffering in the irish potato famine?

Eric H
04-03-2009, 06:37 AM
greetings and peace be with you Dawud_uk;

peace eric,

do you know what the muslim ruler did when we had an islamic state and he heard about the people suffering in the irish potato famine?
I am hopeing he was an inspiration to us all, and helped them in their time of need.

In the spirit of praying for justice for the poor.

Eric

Dawud_uk
04-03-2009, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
greetings and peace be with you Dawud_uk;

I am hopeing he was an inspiration to us all, and helped them in their time of need.

In the spirit of praying for justice for the poor.

Eric
In 1845, the onset of the Great Irish Famine resulted in over 1,000,000 deaths. Ottoman Sultan Abdülmecid declared his intention to send 10,000 sterling to Irish farmers but Queen Victoria requested that the Sultan send only 1,000 sterling, because she had sent only 2,000 sterling. The Sultan sent the 1,000 sterling but also secretly sent 3 ships full of food. The English courts tried to block the ships, but the food arrived at Drogheda harbour and was left there by Ottoman sailors.
from wikipedia.

some brothers i know only found out about this when they went to ireland to do some da'wah (invitation to islam) and the irish themselves were telling them about how the muslims aided them in their hour of need whilst the rest of their supposed countrymen, the british and rich irish landowners were content to let them die.

Sahabiyaat
04-03-2009, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
Well you'll never have a problem finding enough people to have a really fantastic game of "capture the flag" :ooh:

Or you can assign them to armies and use them to study military tactics like Peter the Great of Russian did with his friends as a child (with real cannons :eek: ).

Personally, I'd use mine to form a modern day Oprichnina to strike terror in the hearts of my enemies as I solidified my sovereignity over the whole of Russian propper ans disband the corrupt boyars :statisfie

Or perhapse that was Ivan the Terrible ^o)

But seriously, doesn't that Hadith have a weak line of transmission?

Your forgetting ur 72 weddings you have to go thru.Or you could have one big one and get it over with.

If my husbands hoors even come near him im gna chop up their pretty lil faces and feed um to the flying horses.and when he asks where his ladies are, ill be like...i dont know :popcorn: .

but Allah will tranform our egos so that we dont feel jealousy right?.....good, that saved a few faces from being chopped up!

but yes.martyrdom, .....scares me a tiny bit when i think of it.....

nebula
04-03-2009, 05:11 PM
wow, i hope Allah gives us all a chance to die as a martyr! Ameen!

no punishment of the grave! wow.

imagine that! being able to intercede for 70 relatives on Day of Judgment :D amazing subhannAllah!

and 72 hoors in jannah! oh my :embarrass

Sahabiyaat
04-03-2009, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula

i know i know, 'oh my'
its amazing isnt it
*rolls eyes*

nebula
04-03-2009, 05:14 PM
lol yeah sis it is :) black eyed virgins of Jannah... woo i know id be happy! Hope we can all make it to Jannah :D and loads of wine too! whereas the wine of this world is intoxicating the wine of Jannah will be delicious! w

Sahabiyaat
04-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Women and Wine

2 'W's to be avoided in this world :)

and esp women

we will lead u to hell

muwahahahaha :muddlehea

nebula
04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
lol... Lets just do dua that we all go to Heaven! ameen

sometimes i accidently burn my hand with hot water and im like screaming for 5mins... imagine what the fires of Hell will be like? oh i hope Allah saves us all from them the fire. Ill make the hoor kiss my booboo :( lol :cry:

Thinker
04-03-2009, 07:50 PM
salaam all,

i think we all should pray for martyrdom bcoz according to one hadith even if we do not get martyred, we'll get the reward! subhan'Allah.
Hi,

Could you show me that hadith please?

Thanks

Thinker
04-03-2009, 09:13 PM
salaam all,

reasons:

sins are forgiven
no punishment in grave
72 hoors in jannah

when a person becomes shaheed, the soul is put in green birds of jannah and they fly whereever they like and then comes under Most Glorious- Allah's Throne

there are many reports that mujaahideen who are being martyred in Afghanistan fighting against US allies emit extraordinary perfume and street dogs do not come near their bodies.

"Think not of those who are slain in Allah's Way as dead. Nay, they are alive, finding their sustenance in the Presence of their Lord". (al-Ale' Imraan: 169)
Thinking about your post . . . . . it seems that you are saying that there is nothing to lose and everything to gain if Muslims pray for martyrdom. That poses a question . . . . is God a fool and the answer is obviously NOT otherwise he would not be God. The next question that follows is how would God look upon someone who treats him like a fool? If you pray for martyrdom when you know you have the opportunity of getting yourself out to a conflict zone where you can find easy opportunities for martyrdom but you do not do that but instead just prey that it comes your way – are you not just trying to fool God?

ahmed_indian
04-04-2009, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
Hi,

Could you show me that hadith please?

Thanks

actions are but by intentions.....God rewards a believer for thinking to do good even if he is unable to do it. (but He do not punish until we commit evil...subhanallah).

so its not about fooling God (i seek refuge in God).

its not like sitting in home and just praying for martyrdom. but i mean if a person is not able to fight to make God's word supreme and remove injustice and oppression, God will reward him if he intents to do so.

hadith:
Messenger (saaws) says: “Whoever sincerely asks Allah to award him with martyrdom would be given the rewards of martyrs even if he dies on his bed” (Related by Muslim)

ahmed_indian
04-04-2009, 07:32 AM
salaam sister,

sad that u just looked at hoor's point but not at freedom frm sins and grave's punishment and those are more serious indeed.

Thinker
04-04-2009, 02:22 PM

hadith:
Messenger (saaws) says: “Whoever sincerely asks Allah to award him with martyrdom would be given the rewards of martyrs even if he dies on his bed” (Related by Muslim)

Thank you.

Can you give me details of it's origin i.e. who said it and where is it recorded?

جوري
04-04-2009, 03:11 PM

:sl: I am curious if you are Muslim?

I don't want to partake in this thread but wanted to clarify 'Hoor el Ayn'
literally translates to someone's whose scleral part of the eye is very white in contrast to a very dark iris (the colored part of the eye) it doesn't specify gender!

:w:

wth1257
04-04-2009, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

literally translates to someone's whose scleral part of the eye is very white in contrast to a very dark iris (the colored part of the eye) it doesn't specify gender!

what is their point for being there? I have never quite understood this.

wth1257
04-04-2009, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
wow, i hope Allah gives us all a chance to die as a martyr! Ameen!

no punishment of the grave! wow.

imagine that! being able to intercede for 70 relatives on Day of Judgment :D amazing subhannAllah!

I can't remember exactly but doesn't God rebuke Muhammad for trying to intercede for the dead, reminding Muhammad that judgement of souls is his domain alone?

Thinker
04-04-2009, 07:34 PM

Hi Sky,

The below is from Islam-qa; is it wrong?

al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him)said: “And (there will be) Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/60188/hoor

Thinker
04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
but i mean if a person is not able to fight to make God's word supreme and remove injustice and oppression, God will reward him if he intents to do so.
How do you define 'not able to fight?'

nebula
04-04-2009, 07:37 PM
I can't remember exactly but doesn't God rebuke Muhammad for trying to intercede for the dead, reminding Muhammad that judgement of souls is his domain alone?
im not sure bro, i think our Prophet Muhammed will intercede for his whole Ummah, but i don't really know when a martyr will be able to intercede.

nebula
04-04-2009, 07:38 PM
hoors are females the black eyed virgins of Jannah whom no jinn or man has touched!

YusufNoor
04-04-2009, 07:49 PM
:sl:

if by "intercede" you mean pray for, then you are close. we may pray for deceased Muslims. as for non-Muslims, we should pray for their guidance. once they die, HOWEVER, we cease to pray for them. their future in TOTALLY in Allah's Domain.

and each Prophet will be given a chance for intercession on those people that Allah [SWT] allows them to.

Thinking about your post . . . . . it seems that you are saying that there is nothing to lose and everything to gain if Muslims pray for martyrdom. That poses a question . . . . is God a fool and the answer is obviously NOT otherwise he would not be God. The next question that follows is how would God look upon someone who treats him like a fool? If you pray for martyrdom when you know you have the opportunity of getting yourself out to a conflict zone where you can find easy opportunities for martyrdom but you do not do that but instead just prey that it comes your way – are you not just trying to fool God?
that's not an unreasonable question.

Allah[SWT] judges intentions as well as actions. so it follows that ANYTHING you do in which you are just trying to "fool' Allah[SWT] will probably not turn out as you thought it would!

جوري
04-04-2009, 11:48 PM
what is their point for being there? I have never quite understood this.
Greetings Wth,

The point of what being where?
The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) told us that within Paradise are things that no eyes have ever seen, nor ears have ever heard, and that things in it are beyond our imagination and comprehension.

The things we are told briefly of paradise are probably the things we can relate to in this world that we find pleasurable. If Allah swt stated there is a place in Paradise Named 'Tasneem' without following it by a description it would probably not have any impact on you whatsoever. Thus the best things of this world are what is mentioned but, we'll be a different creation. And Paradise will not be anything like this world..

Now I'd like to pose you this question, and it is an honest one..
I don't know how old you are but since you started your pubertal years on, how many female companions have you had? 2~3? try to imagine in that short span how many "normal men' go quite through a few women as a perfectly natural thing.. and then try to think of that thought to encompass eternity!

Having a companion is something that is dear to our collective hearts. why would be in an alone state in paradise?

format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
Hi Sky,

The below is from Islam-qa; is it wrong?

al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him)said: “And (there will be) Hoor (fair females) with wide lovely eyes”.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/60188/hoor
No, it isn't wrong as far as my understanding of the Quran.. and indeed there are verses to denote that Hoors are female companions as they are so followed in the feminine in the description, there are others that don't denote gender... we really don't know. Women aren't omitted from the bliss of paradise, it is a matter of propriety when addressing the exquisitely refined gender to not to cause undue abashment.

'Hoor El Ayn', again literally translates to those whose scleral parts is sharply contrasted to a very dark iris.. it doesn't translate to female, or lovely eyed virgin.

and Allah swt knows best

peace

جوري
04-05-2009, 12:04 AM
An Addendum to the above:

"So no soul knows the delights of the eyes which is hidden for them; a reward for what they did." [32:17]

_PakistaN_
04-05-2009, 03:25 AM
An Addendum to the above:

"So no soul knows the delights of the eyes which is hidden for them; a reward for what they did." [32:17]
U know that always makes me want to look behind the door of Jannah. They say paradise is out of our imagination. I want to see somthing which we cannot even imagine lol. This always bugs me and encourages me to pray.

جوري
04-05-2009, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
U know that always makes me want to look behind the door of Jannah. They say paradise is out of our imagination. I want to see somthing which we cannot even imagine lol. This always bugs me and encourages me to pray.
:sl:

I am actually rather glad I don't know.. this universe is built upon seven themes, and all its delights or woes stem from them.. I don't think the mind can reach that level of abstraction in thought plus the added concept of eternity.. it is sure to drive someone insane.. I am rather simply content knowing that insha'Allah, I'll see my loved ones who have passed on and not have this cloud of darkness that always seems to be hovering over 'humanity'..

Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.