/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Graduation

ayan333
04-02-2009, 01:17 PM
:sl:

i cant belive graduation is in 49 more days InshALLAH..for me atleast

i no its cliche but it feels like yesterday i was going to first grade........time flies

i want to do something memorable,my parents think i dont care about graduation but i do,i really do.

maybe ill come home and ill have a brand new shinny car with a perfectly tied bow on it.....or maybe ill have my ticket to Egypt waiting on my pillow....

what do you plan for your big day?

i hope you all enjoy InshALLAH

WaSalaamu Alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mysterious Uk
04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I still got a year left till i graduate. I'm not really bothered about the graduation ceromany itself because i have been to my sisters graduation thing and it was really boring lol We sat there for like 4 hours waiting for her name to be read out and when she did come up; it was just a handshake and a diploma.. that's it. I didnt like listening to the boring speeches too. What i want to do is have a big party afterwards because that is what my sister did and it was really fun. All cousins and friends where invited and yeh it was coolio.

ayan333
04-02-2009, 01:37 PM

^ trust me that year will blow buy so fast you wont even bother to notice it.

ya ive been to plenty of graduations but its different when its yours...its funny cuz i never thougth i would be saying this.

personly im ready to get out of high school,its been a blast but im reeady to explore my options

any the whole handshake thing..i wont do it,given that its Haram to do so,many tend to forget....

ya alot of my friends are graduating the day after me so i really dont want to have a party of my own but i will be forced to....my family would be believe it but i hate being center of attention

:w:

Mysterious Uk
04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
You said ur finishing high school? Im finishing university. Forgot u guys in america graduate from high school. I dont actually understand how the whole american education system works.. how old are you when you graduate high school? i should really google it or something. N e hu inshallah will all go well for ya.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
04-02-2009, 01:52 PM

o opps..ya we graduate from high school...high school is big deal here,i guess

the average at is abou 18 when u complete high school...it all depends on your birthday.they have a cut of date where if your born after that day you have to wait untill the following year to start elementry school.some flunk and graduate when they are 2o while some skip grades and graduate when they're 16,therefore the ages are different

Mysterious Uk
04-02-2009, 01:58 PM
ohhh right thanks. Here finishing high school is pretty much no big deal lol I finished a couple of years ago and pretty much did nothing for it because i went straight bak into further education anyways.

ayan333
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
o wow, ya we have to right back to education as well

Al-Zaara
04-02-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't expect to get anything that day! I couldn't care less about any presents whatsoever, if I want something, I'll buy it sooner or later.

BUT What I do expect is a special day inshaAllah. No one is going to ruin my day!!! I want to spend the whole day with all my friends, have dinner together or something!! I must ask them what plans they've got 'cause I know most of us have summer jobs, for maybe we could go for a short trip right after graduation day?

Our ceremony is pretty flashy, so I know that's going to be memorable. I can't wait to wear my graduate-hat! ;D

Geez... I'm going to miss the people quite a lot. :'( InshaAllah I still can see them once in a while.

ayan333
04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
o i see

ya a trip would be fun..either i go to egypt or i stay on pound my head against this arabic books'

i must learn!!!!! InshALLAH

Intisar
04-02-2009, 02:35 PM
:w: I didn't go to mine, we had commencement in October, and I already moved. I doubt I'd have went anyway even if I didn't move, but I have my diploma on my wall. I don't make a big deal out of it, 'cause really, I couldn't wait until I was done high school.

ayan333
04-02-2009, 02:41 PM
i was a bad kid freshmen-juniour year but Senior year i just stop talking to evryone....i guess i become more "relgious" and they just werent floating my boat if u no what i mean

i limit it to hi and bye..

but the walking down the stage and ignoring the princible's hand has to be memorable...idk its just the thing to do i guess for me

i love taking pics but i hate them (for the sake of ALLAH) but im pretty sure my fam will take them,ill show the sisters InshALLAH.

crayon
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Our ceremony is pretty flashy, so I know that's going to be memorable. I can't wait to wear my graduate-hat! ;D

Geez... I'm going to miss the people quite a lot. :'( InshaAllah I still can see them once in a while.
That's your graduation cap?! Lol, it's so cool! Ours is just the regular one

And I agree, it's going to be so hard saying goodbye!imsad

As for my grad, it's going to be the usual; singing a grad song, speeches, getting our diploma, taking pictures.
But then a couple days later my class is having a graduation dinner party, inviting all the parents and teachers and all our other friends.. it'll be awesome inshaAllah!

Silver
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
I graduated from high school in 2007.

The graduatoin ceremony itself was boring. There were just too many speeches...I didn't listen to any of them, I was talking with my friends so I ended up getting told off by the principle...for the last time!! :D
Then we had a dinner party. We had fireworks...it was great.
Then at about 1 a.m some lebanese soldiers nearby were killed by some extremists, we had to go home and battles started taking place between the army and the extermist group in a palestinian refugee camp and in some streets of Tripoli...:rollseyes:

Güven
04-02-2009, 03:23 PM
WOW You guys have such ceremonies at the age of 18 ?

Al-Zaara
04-02-2009, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
That's your graduation cap?! Lol, it's so cool! Ours is just the regular one

I always wanted one like that, it looks so funny! ;D

But then again, with our cap I'll look better in the pictures. :D

This is the golden lyre we get which tells that we've finished upper-secondary school, our Matriculation Examination. You'll put it on the hat.

But then a couple days later my class is having a graduation dinner party, inviting all the parents and teachers and all our other friends.. it'll be awesome inshaAllah!
We've actually had that kind of dinner already. InshaAllah you'll have a fun!

Yanal
04-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Congratalutions or you might only get hugs and kisses.

Silver
04-02-2009, 03:33 PM
you might only get hugs and kisses.
That's what I got!!
But then I got gifts after the official exams :D

crayon
04-02-2009, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
We've actually had that kind of dinner already. InshaAllah you'll have a fun!
We actually had one yesterday, a giant BBQ organized by the school, it was awesome! The one after grad we're planning ourselves though, but there's still soooo much left, and so little time..:uuh:

Al-Zaara
04-02-2009, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
We actually had one yesterday, a giant BBQ organized by the school, it was awesome! The one after grad we're planning ourselves though, but there's still soooo much left, and so little time..:uuh:
Sounds like a lot of fun!

Little time, huh? :D This reminds me that in our school, students of '09, will be remembered as "the ones who did last minute amazements"! It's funny and true. We had a "Abi-day", meaning last-year student day, and made the whole school seem as a aeroplane and we were the air-crew and first-years were tourists and as tradition goes, the second-yearers were babies. We planned this way too late but really, it was a huge success!! I'm sure you guys will rock it too, although you're stressed right now. ;D

Yanal
04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
^ I'm going to graduate at 2013.

ayan333
04-02-2009, 04:09 PM
o wow..i wish i lived in a Islamic country...

we have senior breaksfest and lunch (bbq) but its not like i can eat it...atleast at prom they will have "Halal" food lol...(and no im not attending)

Yanal
04-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Do you have a choice?

kwolney01
04-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Congrats sis!! :)

I hope this day is memorable! Your whole life starts after this day!! I wish you all the best!

ayan333
04-02-2009, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Do you have a choice?

a choice for what?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.