/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

mkdd
04-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Hello everyone. I'm new here (obviously) and I've been searching spiritually for a while now. I've considered Judaism and Islam (I've always been a Christian)... and I believe Islam speaks to me more than anything.

I've read a lot about Islam lately, but I need to know a few things to be sure.

1. How do you convert? I know you have to say something (I don't remember it exactly), but does it have to be in the company of other Muslims or not?

2. How do you go about being Muslim is you don't live anywhere near a Mosque?

3. All the arabic...what's important to say and such. Is it required to refer to God as Allah? I mean, they both mean the same thing... Just curious.

Thanks for answers in advance :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
04-04-2009, 07:16 AM
HIIII :D

welcome to the forum!

1. To convert you say the shahada with full sincerity, which translates to "I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His messenger." (Ash-hadu an la illaha il Allah, wa ash-hadu ana Muhamadan rasul Allah) and then you take a bath with the intention of purification.

2. It's not obligatory to go to a mosque to become a muslim, because this is between you and Allah alone, however it's recommended because you'll have people to help you if need be.

3. The best thing to start out with when it comes to the arabic is learning the words to complete your prayer and words of remembrance (for example, Insha'allah meaning god-willing). If you need help with that, we are all here to help you! Also it is better to say Allah rather than God, because the name Allah has a significance to it in which it cannot be gendered, pluralized, degraded, or secularized unlike the word 'God' which could be manipulated just by changing or adding things to it (eg. god vs God; goddess; gods; god-mother; etc.)

I hope that helps.

saba muslimah
04-04-2009, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mkdd
Hello everyone. I'm new here (obviously) and I've been searching spiritually for a while now. I've considered Judaism and Islam
:sl:
WELCOME in LI Forum..!
InshaAllah Very soon give u answer of ur questions....!!:D

Stay here...!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!