/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Tatoo.

_PakistaN_
04-04-2009, 08:15 AM
I have been wanting to get a tatoo of a "Moon & Crescent" on my right shoulder because I am Pakistani and that will represent my country and also it will represent Islam. Is this ok or not good?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dawud_uk
04-04-2009, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
I have been wanting to get a tatoo of a "Moon & Crescent" on my right shoulder because I am Pakistani and that will represent my country and also it will represent Islam. Is this ok or not good?
the one who gets a tatoo is cursed, asabiyyah (nationalism / tribalism) is also forbidden and the cresent is not an islamic symbol, our flag is the shahadah flag not the cresent moon.
It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May Allaah curse the one who does tattoos and the one who has a tattoo done, the one who plucks eyebrows and the one who has her eyebrows plucked, and those who file teeth for the purpose of beautification, changing the creation of Allaah.” Narrated by Muslim (2125).
After Islam had set their affairs straight and they had become united, a Jewish man passed by a gathering of Aws and Khazraj, and he was bothered by their friendship and unity. So he sent a man who was with him to sit amongst them and remind them of the wars that used to be waged between them. He did that and kept doing it until they were provoked and became angry with one another, and they got riled up and started shouting their slogans and calling for their weapons, and threatening to go out to the Harrah (a place in Madeenah) to fight. News of this reached the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so he came to them and started to calm them down, and said, “Are you issuing the calls of the jaahiliyyah when I am still among you?” Then he recited to them the following verse (Interpretation of the meaning):

“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah (i.e. this Qur’aan), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allaah’s Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allaah makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:103]

When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited this verse to them, they regretted what they had done, and they reconciled and put aside their weapons.
It is narrated by Abu Dawud that the Messenger of Allah (salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "He is not one of us who calls for 'asabiyyah, or who fights for 'asabiyyah or who dies for 'asabiyyah." (Hadith 4456)

SouljahOfAllah
04-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 72 :: Hadith 826
Narrated Ibn Mas'ud:

Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing or get it done for themselves, and those who remove hair from their faces, and those who create spaces between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, such ladies as change the features created by Allah. Why then shall I not curse those whom Allah's Apostle has cursed and who are cursed in Allah's Book too?

Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 71 :: Hadith 636
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The effect of an evil eye is a fact." And he prohibited tattooing

Vito
04-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Best way to represent Islam is through its teachings.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
04-04-2009, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
The one who gets the tattoo done, and the one who does the tattoo are both cursed.

Abdullah ibn Mas’ood (r) said: "May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and those for whom tattoos are done, those who pluck their eyebrows and those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and alter the creation of Allaah." (al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538).

The word curse possesses two meanings:

The first meaning is to revile.
The second meaning is banishment and expulsion from the Mercy of Allah.

_PakistaN_
04-05-2009, 03:21 AM
Alright, i changed my mind. I'm not getting one.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.