/* */

PDA

View Full Version : can we kill ants, flies, etc?

ahmed_indian
04-04-2009, 11:28 AM
salaam,

can we kill big ants, cockroaches, houseflies, spiders? i dont like them roaming here and there

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SouljahOfAllah
04-04-2009, 11:33 AM
:eek: no i think there was a hadith or somthing saying that a prophet not too sure which one, told his army to go through a different route so they dont scar the ants :S

flies i dunno.
inshallah someone else can give u a decent answer.

this is a hadith i came across inshallah

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) prohibited to kill four creatures: ants, bees, hoopoes, and sparrow-hawks.

Dawud :: Book 41 : Hadith 5247

Muslim :: Book 26 : Hadith 5567
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: An ant had bitten a Prophet (one amongst the earlier Prophets) and he ordered that the colony of the ants should be burnt. And Allah revealed to him:" Because of an ant's bite you have burnt a community from amongst the communities which sings My glory."

and another one, subhanallah and this ant had bitten the prophet (saw)

Bukhari :: Book 5 :: Volume 57 :: Hadith 96
Narrated Ibn Abi Nu'm:

A person asked 'Abdullah bin 'Umar whether a Muslim could kill flies. I heard him saying (in reply). "The people of Iraq are asking about the killing of flies while they themselves murdered the son of the daughter of Allah's Apostle . The Prophet said, They (i.e. Hasan and Husain) are my two sweet basils in this world."

Güven
04-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Because you don't like the roaming doesn't mean you can kill them.

Only if they can harm you and you got no choice left , then you can kill them.

Ali.
04-05-2009, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Only if they can harm you and you got no choice left , then you can kill them.
Yep I agree with Güven here..

Personally if there's some spider/fly/mosquito looking thing around, I first try to catch them then take them outside, or put them outside the window and if I can't then.. I resort to killing it..

In the past this has been usually before sleeping, I didn't want them biting me while sleeping so about 1/5 times I killed if I failed to catch them.

Lol I made that sound really serious, didn't I? :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
04-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Oh, boy. I'm gonna burn.

جوري
04-06-2009, 04:37 AM
flynap anyone?

this kit won't work on frogs!

coddles76
04-06-2009, 04:46 AM
I agree with Guven on this one. From my knowledge and logic, the process of killing an insect would be only if it happens to cause harm to you, otherwise avoid it and be nice to creation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.