/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the lure of the dunya

noorseeker
04-05-2009, 06:57 AM
Allahamdulillah i have been praying 3 and a half years,

but recently i have all these thoughts in my head, like im missing out on all the fun, everyones chilling , especially these warm days , people driving around, musuc playing.

the dunya seems so attractive, the islamic way of life seems so restricting suddenly, cant do this, cant do that.

its just i feel so alone in this world, no one else is praying ,its like their gona have their fun, then get older and start practising, so why dont i do the same.

its like i wanna do bad things , are these whispers or are they my nafs?

theres a few weddings happening soon, and all i see is if you have haram relationships, them Allah swt blesses them with marriage.
and you stick to the halal and you dont get nothing.

im just so confused

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
04-07-2009, 06:39 PM
:w:

Alhamdulilah, keep up ur prayers.

Uhm how can u be so sure that u will get older and be in good health to start practising? Look at all these people who don't make it to an old age.... Also all these who make it but are really ill.... THose who wasted their teens years 'partying' 'doing the haram' and when they get older they are so ill that they can't move a finger Allah forbib.

Birmingham is a muslim populated city, look for people who are like you.. who enjoy praying.... Ever thought about sport :D? FOotball?? Cricket (not my favourite but many enjoy it)... swimming.... going to the gym??

But an islamic life style does seem to restrict you... i guess shaytaan is doing a good job.. but we shud do an even better job :D..

noorseeker
04-07-2009, 06:51 PM
JazalAllah khayran brother mikayeel

pvg8260
04-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Assalam Aleykum brother,

We all go through this face, some of us fall into the trick of Shaytan and second later you wonder how you got there. Be strong and find something good to keep busy with. And regarding the weddings issue, I don't know how old you are but wait brother you never know what Allah has planned for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
04-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Actually we are the ones who make religion hard for ourselves, when infact Allah wishes to make it easy for us

there is plenty of fun that u can have without it being haram...and the haram fun that seems so **** attractive to u, has a whole loada BAD consequences and grief to it,which halal fun is void of

and as for haram relationships ending in huge lovely weddings....well.....everyone starts to wonder why things cant be just as perfect for them and why 'bad' ppl get it all..however..you really dont know what goes on inside the homes of these people.....

so u just chill man, and dnt listen to stuped shaytaan :D

noorahmad
04-08-2009, 11:52 AM
assalam walaikum
I don't think Allah blesses them with marriage, don't you see that the rate of divorces has increases considerably through out the world.
dunya is attractive, most of us are in its trap at time, we should just know how to purify our soul, and the Manners and Purification of the Soul forum has been helping a lot lately!!! :P

aadil77
04-08-2009, 12:52 PM
:sl:
I'm goin through the same as you, everyones passed nd hav got cars and they're all doin there own things like goin clubbing, goin to peoples parties and are busy with girls. And I cant wait to get a car myself and start chillin as well, nothing haraam though. But if I look at them guys they're bunch of cock ups, every one of them is, loads have dropped out of college, loads have failed exams and are retakin another year and loads are just living off their parents getting cars and everythin paid for.

So I can't imagine them bein successful later on, even if they get married how long is it gonna last, how long will all those haraam relationships and zina remain secret? who cares if they start practisin later, the best are those who stood firm in deen from a young age, their old age isn't gonna be any good either, their children will desrespect them and they'll become a bunch of crooked old men always discussing others in mosques.

And even if they do become successful, the best success is in the next life, so what ever you're doing you will paid fully for it in the next life:)

It just that people like me and you have just got to find halal alternatives, do things that occupy us and keep us away from the attraction of this dunya

may Allah make it easy for us. ameen

peace:thumbs_up

islam19241924
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM

a hadith i remember i learnt within the last two months is that prophet muhammed (saaw) said 'for the believers this dunya is like prison and for the non- belivers it is like paradise'. meaning we are resricted to what is halal while they can do whatever they want.

another hadith i learnt is where our beloved prophet (saaw) said this dunya is like when you put your finger in the sea and those drops of water when you lift your finger is this dunya, and the sea is the hereafter.

therfore although you are going through hardship you are investing and sacrificing those few drops of water (at most around 100 years) for the sea (eternity more than 10000000000000000 years!) ie. eternal jannah insha-allah, while they are making no sacrifice for the hereafter.

if they are non muslims they will go to hell but may allah (swt) guide them to become muslims, and if they are muslims who are not practising may Allah (swt) guide them also and have mercy upon them. ameen

nebula
04-09-2009, 01:16 PM
bro nightstar i also get these type of thoughts occasionaly, but i try to remind myself like how much longer will i live? i mean im not garenteed to live till 2moro right? if i do live long enough it will probably be like 60-70 years or something like that... and times just flying by day by day second by second, we won't ever get this minute this second back again, so we gotta make use of it as much as possible in the rememberance of Allah, "… Only in the remembrance of Allah can the heart find peace." (Qur'an, 13:28). Bro people might seem happy and jolly doing haraam things but its not getting them anywere bro, i wouldn't call that the true happiness bro, this life is just a test, Allah is watching over us. Id say honestly this dunya you cannot get true happiness because nothing lasts and thats the deception of this dunya, the only thing you can do is remember Allah and we will get happiness inshallah bro! :thumbs_up

GreyKode
04-09-2009, 01:21 PM
brother nightstar, youre not alone. I also share the same thing and inshaa ALLAH I wont fall for shaytan.

YusufNoor
04-10-2009, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Allahamdulillah i have been praying 3 and a half years,

but recently i have all these thoughts in my head, like im missing out on all the fun, everyones chilling , especially these warm days , people driving around, musuc playing.

the dunya seems so attractive, the islamic way of life seems so restricting suddenly, cant do this, cant do that.

its just i feel so alone in this world, no one else is praying ,its like their gona have their fun, then get older and start practising, so why dont i do the same.

its like i wanna do bad things , are these whispers or are they my nafs?

theres a few weddings happening soon, and all i see is if you have haram relationships, them Allah swt blesses them with marriage.
and you stick to the halal and you dont get nothing.

im just so confused
AsSalamu aAlaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakatu,

Allah[SWT] KNEW centuries ago that you would feel that way, that is why we read Surat Al Khaf every Jummu'ah! it's as if Allah wrote a Kutbah for us:

32: And present to them an example of two men: We granted to one of them two gardens of grapevines, and We bordered them with palm trees and placed between them [fields of] crops.
33: each of the two gardens produced its fruit and did not fall short thereof in anything. And We caused to gush forth within them a river.
34: And he had fruit, so he said to his companion while he was conversing with him, "I am greater than you in wealth and mightier in [numbers of] men."
35: And he entered his garden while he was unjust to himself. He said, "I do not think that this will perish - ever.
36: And I do not think the Hour will occur. And even if I should be brought back to my Lord, I will surely find better than this as a return."
37: His companion said to him while he was conversing with him, "Have you disbelieved in He who created you from dust and then from a sperm-drop and then proportioned you [as] a man?
38: But as for me, He is Allah , my Lord, and I do not associate with my Lord anyone.
39: And why did you, when you entered your garden, not say, 'What Allah willed [has occurred]; there is no power except in Allah '? Although you see me less than you in wealth and children,
40: It may be that my Lord will give me [something] better than your garden and will send upon it a calamity from the sky, and it will become a smooth, dusty ground,
41: Or its water will become sunken [into the earth], so you would never be able to seek it."
42: And his fruits were encompassed [by ruin], so he began to turn his hands about [in dismay] over what he had spent on it, while it had collapsed upon its trellises, and said, "Oh, I wish I had not associated with my Lord anyone."
43: And there was for him no company to aid him other than Allah , nor could he defend himself.
44: There the authority is [completely] for Allah , the Truth. He is best in reward and best in outcome.
45: And present to them the example of the life of this world, [its being] like rain which We send down from the sky, and the vegetation of the earth mingles with it and [then] it becomes dry remnants, scattered by the winds. And Allah is ever, over all things, Perfect in Ability.
46:Wealth and children are [but] adornment of the worldly life. But the enduring good deeds are better to your Lord for reward and better for [one's] hope.
summing up a lecture by Bashar Shala:

Allah[SWT] gave this man A TREMENDOUS BLESSING! not just one garden [a jannah] BUT TWO! and a river running right down the middle to water them, along with date/palm trees to shield them from the wind! he thought that NOTHING could change his status!

what did all this wealth do to him?

"I am greater than you in wealth and mightier in [numbers of] men."
remember Shaytan said that he was better than Adam!

then: And he entered his garden while he was unjust to himself. He said, "I do not think that this will perish - ever.
now he has forgotten La Hawla wa La Quwata Illah Billah! has he imagined himself a god now?

and next: And I do not think the Hour will occur.
Nowuthubillah, now he denies the resurrection!

and then: And even if I should be brought back to my Lord, I will surely find better than this as a return."
now he's iffy on the resurrection, BUT he is already claiming his portion on that day! has he forgotten who is Maliki Yawmid Deen?

has this wealth benefited him at all?

what about the "poor man?"

His companion said to him while he was conversing with him, "Have you disbelieved in He who created you from dust and then from a sperm-drop and then proportioned you [as] a man?

Alhumddulillah, this man IS a believer! we are dust, water and clay! EVERYTHING we have comes from Allah[SWT]!

But as for me, He is Allah , my Lord, and I do not associate with my Lord anyone.

MashaAllah, the brother has Tawheed!

And why did you, when you entered your garden, not say, 'What Allah willed [has occurred]; there is no power except in Allah '?

Allahu Akbar, he realizes that Allah, Alhumdulillah, is Rabbil AlAmeen! the creator, cherisher, sustainer, and healer of this and all of the worlds!

Although you see me less than you in wealth and children, It may be that my Lord will give me [something] better than your garden

Alhumdulillah, it is the Qadr of Allah[SWT]! the brother is on the straight path! [Siratul Mustaqeem!]

and who knows: and will send upon it a calamity from the sky, and it will become a smooth, dusty ground,
Or its water will become sunken [into the earth], so you would never be able to seek it.

again, La Hawla wa La Quwata Illah Billah!

so what happened?

And his fruits were encompassed [by ruin], so he began to turn his hands about [in dismay] over what he had spent on it, while it had collapsed upon its trellises, and said, "Oh, I wish I had not associated with my Lord anyone."

did taking himself as a partner with Allah help him? could he aid himself?

And there was for him no company to aid him other than Allah , nor could he defend himself.

why?

There the authority is [completely] for Allah , the Truth. He is best in reward and best in outcome.

you see: Wealth and children are [but] adornment of the worldly life.

Shaytan tries to beautify the dunya! that is how he traps us!

is there anything better?

But the enduring good deeds are better to your Lord for reward and better for [one's] hope

there you have it! "enduring good deeds" is what you would call "sticking to the halal"

when you feel alone, head to the Masjid! and remember and ponder these Ayats!

the Jannah that Allah[SWT} has promised us is more enduring than any "Shaytanized Dunya!"

MashaAllah, Brother Bahsar Shala does a wonderful job discussing these Ayats:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/me..._Surah_Al-Kahf

3rd lecture down the Man of the Two Gardens! give it a listen! In Sha'a Allah, you will learn something and your heart will be touched!

Khalisah
04-10-2009, 01:39 PM

The Prophet(SAW) said: “There are seven whom Allah will shade in His Shade on the Day when there is no shade except His Shade: a just ruler; a youth who grew up in the worship of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic; a man whose heart is attached to the mosques; two men who love each other for Allah’s sake, meeting for that and parting upon that; a man who is called by a woman of beauty and position [for illegal intercourse], but be says: ‘I fear Allah’, a man who gives in charity and hides it, such that his left hand does not know what his right hand gives in charity; and a man who remembered Allah in private and so his eyes shed tears.” (Bukhari & Muslim)

2. “A youth who grew up in the worship of Allah...” The great scholar, Ayyoob as-Sakhtiyaanee (d.131H) said, “From the success of a youth is that Allah guides him to a scholar of the Sunnah.”

Indeed, it is a great blessing from Allah for a youth h be guided towards worship and be befriended by the righteous, since it is in youth that a person is most vulnerable to the temptations of life and liable to drift away from the Islamic Path. This becomes apparent when we look at society around us and we see that most of the worldly distractions, such as music, games, clubs, fashion etc. are all specifically targeted at the young. “You’re only young once!” they are told, which is why many Muslims nowadays waste their youth thinking that they will pray, wear hijaab and go on Hajj, etc. when they are old, as if they have a guarantee of longevity from Allah! How well we would do to heed the Prophet’s advice when he said: “Take benefit of five before five: your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied and your life before your death.” [al-Haakim]

Thought this might give the youth some encouragment, InshaAllah!

Yanal
04-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Its a very common problem where muslims are at a stage of high iman and all of a sudden thoughts start coming in and start making you have doubts but that is the Shytaan ,just continue praying and remembering Allah when doubts like this start to come.

Don't follow the Shytaan because you've been practising excellent and have been a good muslim. Don't fall for his trap because he will be waiting for to fall.

Detritavore
04-11-2009, 02:45 AM

You know, I agree with who ever said we make it hard for our selves and not the other way around. I remember I had such a hard time wearing the hijab- wasn't fashion obsessed or anything, I just hated the feeling of being 'restricted'. I really have no idea how I managed to defeat the temptation to just take it off (perhaps it's because I surrounded myself with people of faith) but thank Allah (SWT) I did because now I hold the hijab so dear it's insane. What was once a chore is now an absolute pleasure! I honestly feel so naked with out it- I even wear it to sleep ^_^. Anyway my point is stick to it & remember turn to Allah (SWT) in your times of weakness, for He will not ignore you if you do not ignore Him. Anyway, the fact that you've realised this now is admirable because now you can actively seek ways to better the situation.

Zafran
04-11-2009, 02:49 AM
salaam

yeah the Dunya is very difficlut - definitly when there is little support.

May Allah help us and make our test easier and forgive our sins.

noorseeker
04-12-2009, 05:49 PM
so i am praying, but i dont feel happy

What could be the cause of it, any suggesstions

gladTidings
04-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Your not content?

Is there something missing in your prayers and ibadah? Is there something missing in your life?

noorseeker
04-12-2009, 07:00 PM
A wife lol

Sahabiyaat
04-12-2009, 07:05 PM
oh lord....

well it does fulfill half ur deen......and the other half you must be mindful of.

gladTidings
04-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Well what are you waiting for? If you have the means to, then you should marry...maybe it will help you focus better in your worship and as the sister says... you will have fulfilled half of your deen.

YusufNoor
04-12-2009, 07:57 PM

did you listen to the lecture i linked?

do you understand what a Blessing we have in the Surah Al Fatihah?

try listening to this series of lectures by Jamaaluddin Zarabozo:

http://www.kalamullah.com/al-fatihah.html

i just finished listening to them a few weeks ago. the brother has done an outstanding job of exploring this "Opening of the Qur'an." my wife, who RARELY wants to hear anything twice, had has completed listening to it DOZENS of times! she loves it!

it IS long, but it'll give you something to concentrate on while you figure out what to do about a wife.

Mufti Ismail Menk also has a lecture on Al Fatiha here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...26761126106509

the more you know about Al Fatihah, the more you can concentrate on it when you pray. the more you concentrate when you pray, the more you get out of prayer.

May Allah make it easy on you!

gladTidings
04-12-2009, 08:48 PM
^mashAllah thats a good suggestion... Mufti Menks lecture is very insightful. He has other good lectures including tafsir of surah yusuf.

Tony
04-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Salamu aleykum Brother, You sound like you are being tested bro, best advice can think of are Allahs word
'AALI-'IM-RAAN Part 4, 200 "Oh ye who beleive ! Endure, outdo all others in endurance, be ready and observe your duty to Allah, in order that ye may succeed".
"NISAAA'-4" vs 18, "The forgiveness is not for those who do ill deeds untill, when death attendeth them upon one of them, he saith:Lo! I repenteth now; Nor yet for those who die when they are disbeleivers. For such We have prepared a painful doom".
Hope it helps you Bro and may Allah continue to test us and make us strong in our faith.

maryam87
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Patience brother is one of the best qualities of a muslim so try to adapt this
BTW brother no female is going to come up to you and tell u shes the one for you (ill be scared if that happened) you will need to find her

I believe the reason why ur not content is because ur always comparing yourself to others which is a big no no especially not to non-practicing muslims. Brother we should compete with each for paradise not this dunya. Read more Quran and make sure u understand what ur reading to get maximum benefit.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-15-2009, 01:52 PM
bro the kafirs/non-practising muslims would give up everything they have if they could become practising and achieve the peace we feel from our abstaining of such d.a.m.ned practises (flirtation/exposure etc)

NOTHING BEATS THE SWEETNESS OF EMAAN

DONT LET THSI DUNYA FOOL YOU!

NOOOTHING BEATS THE FEELING OF ISLAAM!!! NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING!!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM

honestly

are you keeping your gaze down?

because thats the way to achieve the sweetness of emaan

and emaan makes us happy :)

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullaah

noorseeker
04-15-2009, 02:23 PM
I am trying my best to keep my gaze down, but its extremely hard, even if you turn your head away, your mind knows theres an attractive person on your left or right, it still entrs your heart, even though you havent seen the face.

But it depends, sometimes from an hour to a day, it filtrs out my heart.

Maybe becuase i havent got practising friends, not many youth in the mosque, either too young or too old for me to chill with.
Its just that i always go into the prayer hall read my sunnah, wait for the fard, then straight back home,so i dont have time to chat to people, or dont wana chat inside the mosque. i can be a extremely shy person.

The mosque is literally 3 min walk, i hav to walk down the main road, so im always worried how i appear to people, i dont wana give off this look at me holier than thou, im praying your not , vibe out, riya.

is there anything such as visual dawah, i think i do want to get non practising people attention, to see me with my topi on, not to show me off, but to show islam off,
people do look, but i can see they feel guilty about their ownselves.

AabiruSabeel
04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
I am trying my best to keep my gaze down, but its extremely hard, even if you turn your head away, your mind knows theres an attractive person on your left or right, it still entrs your heart, even though you havent seen the face.

Try listening these bro:

The Effort of Iman - Taqwa

Iman ki Mehnat - A'mal ki Machine

Our food has great effect on our deeds and actions.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-15-2009, 03:34 PM
well bro im sure as soon as you learn to keep your gaze lowered, your life will impove drastically

inshAllah :)

noorseeker
04-15-2009, 04:54 PM
JazakAllah khayran bro.

im in overdraft at the min, so is the food i purchase halal

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.