PDA

View Full Version : should we ban internet in private places? seriously



ahmed_indian
04-05-2009, 12:24 PM
salaam to all,

the way we misuse internet when alone, i hope that govt. ban the internet in private places. esp. home

we can just have them @ offices, schools, cafe and that too in halls with CCTV and someone who can do random checks. (keeping society welfare over ownself)

i m getting frustrated with so much anti-islamic materials, movies, music, obscenity!

the net is creating so much MINO: muslim in name only

it seems impractical, but will u say yes if it happens?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
04-05-2009, 12:30 PM
very impractical. and i would certainly protest if that happened.
Reply

SouljahOfAllah
04-05-2009, 12:42 PM
I mean what about the women who want to use the net, especially muslim womne. for men that cool they can go out the house and use it when they need to, but its not that easy for women, especially if their mahram is out and about.
Reply

elee
04-05-2009, 01:05 PM
banning internet in private places would be pretty dumb, because it would hurt business, and it is somewhat attack on personal freedom.
But internet service providers can prohibit access to porn, gambling and similiar sites, and that is not only what muslim countries do. many western countries consider banning or already have banned such content.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Banu_Hashim
04-05-2009, 01:15 PM
I agree. Aren't there filters to block the inappropriate stuff? Why not just use them, and allow access in private places etc.
Reply

ardianto
04-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Why we must ban internet in private place ? for prevent people to go to 'adult' sites or anti-Islamic sites ?. People can do that in office !.

No, no, no. Don't ban internet in private place. Just watched our family when they use internet.
Reply

Trumble
04-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
the way we misuse internet when alone, i hope that govt. ban the internet in private places. esp. home
No thanks. The trouble with that is summed up in the one word, misuse. 'Misuse' in who's opinion? It's obviously not that of the citizens supposed to be guilty of the 'misuse'. The government (no matter which government)? The inevitable result is that it just becomes a tool to control information and hence control people.. just as is the case with China 'misuse' becomes 'distributing information and discussing things the government would rather people didn't know'.

If you are worried about 'misuse' the answer is cultivating strong moral values from within, not government oppression and 'random checks' by it's faceless agents. And, honesty, it really isn't difficult avoiding all of those things you are complaining about if you try.
Reply

crayon
04-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Um, this is quite a ridiculous idea, no offense. Haram is everywhere, not just online. If you're living your life knowing that Allah is watching everything you do, then you'll think twice before doing something haram. If however, Allah watching you is the last thing on your mind, then whether you're alone or not, you'll fall into haram.
Yes, blocking certain sites, or making internet banned in private places (?!) might have a little benefit, but ultimately, we must take responsibility for our own actions and exercise self control, online, or in the real world.
Reply

Thinker
04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Why stop at the internet, why not books, television and maybe even the telephone!!
Reply

chacha_jalebi
04-05-2009, 07:11 PM
why not destroy the problem instead of the erm thing :D

like they should ban the obscene sites, offending stuff, and just keep plain old google and a few other sites :D and wouldnt the internet be a happy lovely place to wine and dine:D
Reply

Muezzin
04-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
salaam to all,

the way we misuse internet when alone, i hope that govt. ban the internet in private places. esp. home

we can just have them @ offices, schools, cafe and that too in halls with CCTV and someone who can do random checks. (keeping society welfare over ownself)

i m getting frustrated with so much anti-islamic materials, movies, music, obscenity!

the net is creating so much MINO: muslim in name only

it seems impractical, but will u say yes if it happens?
Just set the filter on your browser to block obscenity, and avoid the other stuff.

If it were banned in private places... Well, having to travel out of your own home or workplace in order to use the Internet kind of defeats the point.
Reply

Amadeus85
04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Ahmed Indian has some right actualy. Internet plays very important role in changing the morality of people from conservative asian, african or latin american nations. But bunning internet would be bad for the economic and buisness stuff. So this is a choice between "to be" or "to have".
Reply

Yanal
04-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't know about this.
Reply

ahmed_indian
04-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by elee
banning internet in private places would be pretty dumb, because it would hurt business, and it is somewhat attack on personal freedom.
But internet service providers can prohibit access to porn, gambling and similiar sites, and that is not only what muslim countries do. many western countries consider banning or already have banned such content.
but ppl have softwares to unblock them!
Reply

ahmed_indian
04-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by crayon
Um, this is quite a ridiculous idea, no offense. Haram is everywhere, not just online. If you're living your life knowing that Allah is watching everything you do, then you'll think twice before doing something haram. If however, Allah watching you is the last thing on your mind, then whether you're alone or not, you'll fall into haram.
Yes, blocking certain sites, or making internet banned in private places (?!) might have a little benefit, but ultimately, we must take responsibility for our own actions and exercise self control, online, or in the real world.
absolutely, ppl who have Allah in their mind will not fall into haraam.

but wht about who dont?

and ppl who keep Allah first can be counted on the fingers.
Reply

S_87
04-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
but ppl have softwares to unblock them!
those who use software to unban them though it has been banned for morality reasons will find every way to do what they wish.
Reply

crayon
04-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
absolutely, ppl who have Allah in their mind will not fall into haraam.

but wht about who dont?
They will disobey Allah whether they're alone or in public.
Reply

smile
04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
this idea is silly
i you are a proper muslim you would be able to abstain from going on such sites
Reply

Vito
04-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Even if the ban took place, it would have no effect.
Reply

ahmed_indian
04-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by crayon
They will disobey Allah whether they're alone or in public.
if govt. ban music, movies and porn in internet in public places, i wonder how ppl are to going surf them [so how they will disobey Allah in this aspect]?
Reply

crayon
04-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
if govt. ban music, movies and porn in internet in public places, i wonder how ppl are to going surf them [so how they will disobey Allah in this aspect]?
There's plenty of ways to get around a blocked site, even ones blocked by the government.
Reply

wth1257
04-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
salaam to all,

the way we misuse internet when alone, i hope that govt. ban the internet in private places. esp. home

we can just have them @ offices, schools, cafe and that too in halls with CCTV and someone who can do random checks. (keeping society welfare over ownself)

i m getting frustrated with so much anti-islamic materials, movies, music, obscenity!

the net is creating so much MINO: muslim in name only

it seems impractical, but will u say yes if it happens?

I like to work on my bed. I guess some people could find sociological reports on the intermix between hegemonic decline and terrorist movements sexually aroungs but for me it's really just school work. :p

I can't tell you how many times I pull all nighters because I go to the library and rather than doing my work (like right now) I spend five hours reading some unrelated work. The library closes at 2:00AM and I have to work at home.

Banning the internet isin't a cure all. Pornography was around long before the internet. If you want to end it you need to help young women have opertunities so they don't feel they need to degrade themselves to make a living. Anti-Islamic materials have been around long before the internet. You need to educate people if you want to combat that.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 11:47 AM
  2. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 04:38 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 04:55 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 04:25 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!