/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i think im crazy.. please someone help

anonymous
04-05-2009, 06:31 PM
salam guys,,

i think im crazy...

i rly dont want to go into details about this.. hopefully l8r u'll all understand why........

earlier in my life there was something that one could say i was addicted to.. alhamdulillah i quit it.. it was a game..i guess terrible things hapened during the period of play .. alhamdulillah i quit..

it was about 2-3 years ago i quit it and to this day.. small things will remind me of it n i'l go crazy about it.. i start hitting my head.. trying to force myself to forget it.. bcuz truth be told.. i loved the game.. i forcefully quit it.. therfore i dnt want to be warped into anticipating the game again and... well.. you know. a'oothoobillah.

for example.. yestrday i came into contact with ppl who stl play it.. who said one sentence about it wich is making me go mad.. i bought ths other game on my console ystrday aswell.. and bcuz of that one sentence.. or one conversation/facing them.. i began to compare the console game to the game i quit and spotting similarites.. stop! i told myself.. ya Allahhhhhhh..

i dont know what to do. i thinki shud not play that console gme for a few days but maybe that'l only temporarily do it.. shud i see a psychiatrist? thing is im stil with my parents {alhamdulilah} and i'd be extremely embarased to make an appointment with their persmission.. i talk about this craziness to nobody - they dont know what i go through.

i may have sounded brief. if you need more explanation to giv better adivce plz say so..

plz help me..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
04-06-2009, 07:46 AM
lol, if its that serious just delete it or break the disk or sell your console. Thats what I would do if I got too distracted by certain things.

Remember the prophet prevented his children from playing certain games because they were a waste of time as time is precious, so find something else to do like a sport or something.

anonymous
04-06-2009, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
lol, if its that serious just delete it or break the disk or sell your console. Thats what I would do if I got too distracted by certain things.

Remember the prophet prevented his children from playing certain games because they were a waste of time as time is precious, so find something else to do like a sport or something.
the game i quit was on the comp..not on the console.. i havnt played the game since i quit it alhamdulillah alhamdulillah alhamdulillah..

aadil77
04-06-2009, 08:48 AM
wat is it counterstrike, wow? just delete it, problem solved

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
04-06-2009, 08:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
wat is it counterstrike, wow? just delete it, problem solved
no.. none of them. u dnt understand, i dont play it at the mo, its not on my comp.. alhamdulillah. small things come to 'haunt' me about it.. do u understand?i cant seem to rid of it completely sumthin comes n reminds me about it and it makes me go nuts

Woodrow
04-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Anything can be addictive. The cure for all addictions is abstinence from them. It is difficult to do. But, over time (often years) the craving lessens and you regain control of your life.

Avoid all things that remind you of the game and when thoughts of the game come up make du'a for the strength to be freed from the addiction.

anonymous
04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Anything can be addictive. The cure for all addictions is abstinence from them. It is difficult to do. But, over time (often years) the craving lessens and you regain control of your life.

Avoid all things that remind you of the game and when thoughts of the game come up make du'a for the strength to be freed from the addiction.
woodrow..the thing is tho..how can i stop stuff from reminding me of the gme?alot of things do to be honest.. i'd hav to remove a hell of alot..

Woodrow
04-06-2009, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
woodrow..the thing is tho..how can i stop stuff from reminding me of the gme?alot of things do to be honest.. i'd hav to remove a hell of alot..
The difficulty is that any addiction is multi-faceted. It is not just thr game that becomes part of it. It is all aspects of the PC and even your language that become part of it.

Smoking is probably the best known addiction. What makes it so difficult ito quit is that everything about smoking becomes part of the addiction. From the feel of the cigarette pack, to the lighting and putting it out, even the surroundings where a person smokes. So it is with a game, everything about it including the surroundings and the language used is part of the addiction.

Perhaps a good starting point would be to simply limit the amount of time spent on or near a computer, would help. Say try to Only use the PC for a maximum of 1 hour per day.

julie sarri
04-06-2009, 10:01 AM
What you have to do is when people bring that game up in a conversation you have to tell your self yeah maybe they are liking playing that game but they are getting no benefits or rewards from it at all i used to be the same with music i listened to it all the time and it took over my life then i said i have to stop and yeah i had to remove a lot all the Cd's but i removed it and even now if my brother picks me up who is not Muslim and he has his radio on i just tell my self its not worth it and it doesn't bother me anymore i would say the best thing to do would be to clean you computer of the game becouse what happens is the game is still on there so every time some one talks about it shatan reminds you its on there and its that what stresses you out

anonymous
04-06-2009, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The difficulty is that any addiction is multi-faceted. It is not just thr game that becomes part of it. It is all aspects of the PC and even your language that become part of it.

Smoking is probably the best known addiction. What makes it so difficult ito quit is that everything about smoking becomes part of the addiction. From the feel of the cigarette pack, to the lighting and putting it out, even the surroundings where a person smokes. So it is with a game, everything about it including the surroundings and the language used is part of the addiction.

Perhaps a good starting point would be to simply limit the amount of time spent on or near a computer, would help. Say try to Only use the PC for a maximum of 1 hour per day.
i see..thanks..

i hav sum more Qs.. would u say im crazy?is wat im experiencing normal to an extent? culd wat im experiencing just be a psycholoigical problem? shud i see a psychiatrist?

format_quote Originally Posted by julie sarri
What you have to do is when people bring that game up in a conversation you have to tell your self yeah maybe they are liking playing that game but they are getting no benefits or rewards from it at all i used to be the same with music i listened to it all the time and it took over my life then i said i have to stop and yeah i had to remove a lot all the Cd's but i removed it and even now if my brother picks me up who is not Muslim and he has his radio on i just tell my self its not worth it and it doesn't bother me anymore i would say the best thing to do would be to clean you computer of the game becouse what happens is the game is still on there so every time some one talks about it shatan reminds you its on there and its that what stresses you out
thanks

Woodrow
04-06-2009, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
i see..thanks..

i hav sum more Qs.. would u say im crazy?is wat im experiencing normal to an extent? culd wat im experiencing just be a psycholoigical problem? shud i see a psychiatrist?

thanks
I doubt very much you are going crazy. We all get addicted to things some addictions can be beneficial some can be a nuisance. But, addictions are normal any time we do anything to excess. Moderation in what we do is the key. But, people tend to need to learn that the hard way and through experience.

elee
04-06-2009, 12:00 PM
computer games, alcohol, drugs etc., help us escape from more-less harsh reality, so thats why they're so addictive. pay attention to more important things in your life, like education, Islam, job, etc. and soon you'll forget computer games, because in reality they do nothing good or useful for you.

Muezzin
04-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Are you addicted to World of Warcraft?

Whatever it is, you could simply delete it from your computer and sell or destroy the disk.

Edit: Oh, I see that's not the problem. The problem is everything reminds you of the game...

spoons
04-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Salaam,
I understand what your saying. Theres this one game that has come out recently and its been advertised like mad everywhere. But for certain reasons I promised myself not to buy it (even though I am huge fan of the series.) Yeah it really bugged me at first and it still does. But somewhere we have to start implementing changes for the better right?

If I was you, I would stay away from anything that reminds you of the game. You shouldnt have bought that 'other game' if u knew it was going to remind you of it. If someone talks about it then quickly change the subject. Dont lull yourself into buying the game!!

Occupy yourself with something else, doing something productive will make you feel better.

But if I may ask...what is the game ur so tempted to buy? (I think I have an inkling...PM me!)

Yanal
04-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Are you addicted to RS?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2009, 02:34 PM
wasalamz

the game aint worth it bro, its made to play with your mind

its MADE to PLAY with your mind!

its MADE to DRIVE you insane!

thats why the shaytan always tries to remind u of it!! the game is sick like that! only way to get over it is to get into somethin which will make it seem like nothing.

keep findin ways to make yourself understand that the game you once played only took you away from Allah and flung you into delusions.

if you can do that, you'll b alrite inshAllah

noorahmad
04-09-2009, 05:19 PM
fast, make dhikr, keep yourself busy, you'll forget about the game!!!
and ask Allah for help

AntiKarateKid
04-09-2009, 07:10 PM
You simply have to find something better to do that you like and is healthy. Take up a sport like martial arts. Workout at the gym. Acquire a taste for a genre of books. Laugh at politicians in the newpaper.

I used to play alot of games but have since then stopped since I found Islamic theology and martial arts far more interesting.

Ali_Cena
04-09-2009, 07:23 PM
:sl:
LOl yanal you play runescape?

I used to play runescape i must say it is an addictive game.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.