/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non mahrams Salam

sirajstc
04-06-2009, 06:11 AM
i hav heard dat wen a nön mehram gives a muslim sister salam, she is not supposed to giv salam back.since v meet a lot of non mehram brothers,how do v greet them bck da salam?pls enlighten me about who nd all cn b cald as our mehram nd wit da knowledge of islam
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dawud_uk
04-06-2009, 07:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc
i hav heard dat wen a nön mehram gives a muslim sister salam, she is not supposed to giv salam back.since v meet a lot of non mehram brothers,how do v greet them bck da salam?pls enlighten me about who nd all cn b cald as our mehram nd wit da knowledge of islam
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:sl:

this was a ruling of imam malik, one of the four great imams but i have heard many hanafi ulema teach it also.

basically the ruling is as salaams can lead to conversation or fitnah and as a woman's voice is also part of her aurah then if a man gives her salaams then she should reply back in her head and keep walking so as not to cause a fitnah.

and then the same is said to a man if a woman gives you salaams then reply in your head and not out loud.

:sl:

sirajstc
04-06-2009, 07:35 AM
ok then

bro

like forums we say in itrodusion section Assalamu Alaikum then sisters also reply walaikum salam

is thizz rit?

Dawud_uk
04-06-2009, 08:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc
ok then

bro

like forums we say in itrodusion section Assalamu Alaikum then sisters also reply walaikum salam

is thizz rit?
well i use salaams as this is an internet forum and i am never going to meet any of the sisters off here in person.

it is like when i have held meeting for masjid open days then yes i give salaams then and we discuss the business we have, but if i saw the same sister in the street i would go past as there is no need for us to talk or give salaams then.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zahida
04-06-2009, 02:24 PM
:sl: It is a Muslim mans/womans farz to give salaam even to your empty house as you enter like brother Dawd said there is no need to keep a conversation going if you have done your obligatory salaam...............:w::smile:

sirajstc
04-06-2009, 02:24 PM
yaaa jaza kalla kahair 4 info :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.