/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help advice needed!!!

Zahida
04-06-2009, 06:21 PM
:sl: This afternoon i gave my car to the local mechanic to fix the back and front lights had gone............ My car is a fiat stilo.......... When i left my car he said it would be done about 5ish.......

At 4.20 his wife phoned me to tell me he had done my car but only the back light because it was a difficult job opening the panels...........

Anyway i went to pick up my car. Husband and wife were stood together talking as i approached they seperated and the mechanic explained that it was difficult to take the front panel off as i looked more carefully where he had attempted to do it there was damage!!! There is a dent and the paint is scratched off!!!

I said that the damage was not there as i left the car... He got very defensive and said i was accussing him towhich i replied i had not accussed him but pointed out the evident damage to my car!!!!

He made some sort of excuse and drove off leaving me there with his wife who became quite idignant!!!
I refused to take the car unless they admitted responsibility! She got awkward.........

I phoned the police and they would not get involved because it was a civil matter........... I phoned my insurance.........anyway after about 10 phone calls later the legal team advised me not to leave my car, to write a letter to the mechanic and say that unless he acceppted responsibilty i would take it to my insurance company to make a claim.........they suggessted there was not much else to be done as he was not there. In the meantime his wife was videoing me sat in my car making phone calls!!!! Lol..............

Anyway i wrote a note and left it with his wife, and phoned the insurance company when i got home.... Have i done the right thing??? Anything else i could do???

I cannot believe that this is done or what has happened some people!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Sorry about the long post............Any advice pleaseimsad:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
you've done the right thing!..just relax and inshallah everything will be ok............what an awkward double team...??...where was ur husband??....he couldve confronted the bogus mechanic

Zahida
04-06-2009, 06:37 PM
:sl: Thankyou bro if only my husband was as reliable as my fiat!!!!!!!!!!! imsad:w::smile:

Cabdullahi
04-06-2009, 06:57 PM
fiat stilo is a nice looking car but it has electric problems .......what reg is it?..............2001 is bout 1300 last time i checked

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zahida
04-06-2009, 08:30 PM
:sl: 2006 and i have never had any electric problems with it........ The rear light and front light had gone............. he fixed the back light but REALLY caused alot of damage to the front one.............. They are hard to disassemble he obviously tried but didn't succeed..........imsad:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
fiat stilo is a nice looking car but it has electric problems .......what reg is it?..............2001 is bout 1300 last time i checked

Zahida
04-06-2009, 09:57 PM
:sl: BOO-HOOimsad:'( Where are all my friends today:cry::w:

Zahida
04-06-2009, 10:06 PM
:sl: Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!imsad:w:

NIKKY
04-06-2009, 10:17 PM
sis..u poor fing...i reakon uv dun da right fing, jst wait for da mechanic 2 get bak 2 u if he duznt accept liability den make a claim...

Zahida
04-06-2009, 10:46 PM
:sl: Thanks Nicky your sweet simple words mean alot i am really disappointedin what happened today and am finding it difficult to comprehend...............:w::bump1:

Re.TiReD
04-06-2009, 10:50 PM
I can lend you my skooter for a lil while if you want? :embarrass I havnt used it for around 9 years but I'm sure it'll be ok :D lol kiddin, chin-up sis, I dunno what advice to offer but it'll be right :wub: insha'Allah

Zahida
04-06-2009, 10:52 PM
:sl: Bless you then i would have three scooters my car still runs but the damage is so visible........ Sis i can't believe how he lied and then ran away and left me with his wife!!!!!!!!! I am so miserable.........:bump1::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Inaayah
I can lend you my skooter for a lil while if you want? :embarrass I havnt used it for around 9 years but I'm sure it'll be ok :D lol kiddin, chin-up sis, I dunno what advice to offer but it'll be right :wub: insha'Allah

Musaafirah
04-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Did you know much about the mechanic to begin with?
Seriously, if he had anticipated that it'd be hard to take off the panel, he shouldn't have messed with it to begin with.
The Laddoo!
Is he even a real qualified mechanical dude at all?

Zahida
04-06-2009, 10:57 PM
:sl: He serviced my car last year in September and seemed reasonable enough. A neighbour told me of him cos i live in a village like nowhere and needed somewhere close to home..........

I have spoken to my neighbour and she was supportive said that she hadn't had any problems with him, but was consoling too............

I am beginning to think it may have something to do with me being different.........catch my drift???:bump1::w:
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafirah
Did you know much about the mechanic to begin with?
Seriously, if he had anticipated that it'd be hard to take off the panel, he shouldn't have messed with it to begin with.
The Laddoo!
Is he even a real qualified mechanical dude at all?

Re.TiReD
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: Bless you then i would have three scooters my car still runs but the damage is so visible........ Sis i can't believe how he lied and then ran away and left me with his wife!!!!!!!!! I am so miserable.........:bump1::w:
:w:

Ah your cars ok...thats one good thing at least alhamdulillah. If all else fails you shud let me paint all over the damage :D

Cabdullahi
04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
ladooo is too nice and sweet to be associated with the bogus mechanic...the orangey oily bangle looking like ...whatever its called thats a better choice to describe him

Zahida
04-06-2009, 11:06 PM
:sl: That would be nice when you coming over............. Bring all your colours with you then i can hav a black car with pretty patterns!!!!!!!!!! Hehehe Thanks Inaayah i feel better but still angry at the mechanic........:bump1:
format_quote Originally Posted by Inaayah
:w:

Ah your cars ok...thats one good thing at least alhamdulillah. If all else fails you shud let me paint all over the damage :D

Re.TiReD
04-06-2009, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: That would be nice when you coming over............. Bring all your colours with you then i can hav a black car with pretty patterns!!!!!!!!!! Hehehe Thanks Inaayah i feel better but still angry at the mechanic........:bump1:
lol my artwork has improved slightly since then btw =P you're velcum dudette...take care sis, its way past my bedtime

WassalamuAlaykum x

Zahida
04-07-2009, 09:28 AM
:sl: Nast man put a letter through my door..................

Upon your arrival to collect your vehicle I pointed out to you the body damage adjacent to the nearside headlamp assuming that you were aware of the exsistence, but to the contarary you then proceeded to accuse me of causing the damage!!!!!

As a reputable mechanic he should have mentioned the damge before NOT after he had attempted to fix my light!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have rang insurance ppl and have to take my car for them to assess the damage, my hubby reckons that it looks like he has hit it when he moved it and used something to try and pry the panel off!!! I can't send the photos but my immaculate car is very distressed........................:enough!::w:

Musaafirah
04-07-2009, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
ladooo is too nice and sweet to be associated with the bogus mechanic...the orangey oily bangle looking like ...whatever its called thats a better choice to describe him
What you mean Jalebi? I don't think Chacha would be too pleased.

@ Zahida. Did you take any pictures before and after?
Man, you should write a very strong letter, with no abuse of course and state how the car was before. Then ask around if anyone else has been ripped off by this dodgy sounding mechanic. Rah.

NIKKY
04-07-2009, 04:14 PM
dont worry 2 much about it sis...dis mechanic sounds lyk a right dodgy dude...trying 2 blame u..! i fink ur hubbys ryt...he probly did hit it while moving it!

Zahida
04-07-2009, 05:00 PM
:sl: What a day!!!!!! I have been like a headless chicken all day just got home and starting to relax..............

The mechanic dude wrote me a letter!!! Lol! Evidence!!!!

I got in touch with insurance no claims bonus etc etc all brought to my attention................

Phoned no win no fee people about 10 different phone numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally spoke to a very nice lady from Trading Standards........she was great...........advised me what to do..........after hearing what he had written in his letter................Wrote letter photocopied and posted it................:exhausted

Then went to 3 independant garages to get price quotations safely tucked away in my purse! £348.00 being the cheapest.............

Basically the mechanic SHOULD have examined my vehicle before carrying out any work. If there was any damage HE SHOULD have made me aware before doing any work on my car, by either phoning me or telling me before he touched my car..............

This just goes to show how careful we must be when small things become so big!!
Basically his letter has landed him in it because he states that he attempted to do the light but could not remove the panel, Apparently he saw damage to the car but thought i was aware of it and continued to play around whilst in all honesty he should have contacted me first and told me............ OOOHHHHHHHHH this is just so infuriating:raging:

Sis i don't have pictures of my car before this happened but took picture of the incident when my car was at his garage.........

I am abitmore relaxed now that i have spoken to Trading Standards and hope that this idiot sees sense BECAUSE I WILL NOT LET IT GO...........It's not the money but the principal of the thing......... Hey i should make him take a lie detector test!! Hehehe:D

Thanks to all of the above who have shown me and my car much sympathy!!:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.