/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Another Marriage Thread...

qweretyq
04-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

For most of my life I have been a loner. I have many friends and I like interacting with people, but when it comes down to serious aspects of my life, I like to be the only one involved. I do not want to get married.

Of course, my parents bring up Islamic views, saying marriage is almost necessary to be Muslim. But I strongly know that I won't commit zina if I don't get married, and I just do not want to start a family.

Is it ok not to get married?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Layla454
04-08-2009, 01:43 PM
:w:

You do not have to get married brother if you don't want to. If of course you fear committing zina, then you should.

ahmed_indian
04-12-2009, 07:47 AM
salaam brother,

I dont think that marriage is wajib and Allah knows best.

but mayb u r young now; wht about when u reach 40..50. wont u feel lonely?

dont u prefer a friend who will always be with you, cheer you when you are alone and bring a smile on your face when you are sad?

and Allah is the source of all goodness

amna_mirza
05-12-2009, 03:45 PM
:sl:
If you can find someone who shares the same view as you then when you make a decision your spouse will accept your decision because she would also be thinking along the same lines...get what I am saying? You and your spouse will share the same thinking, thus you would agree with each other about the important matter. If you both firmly believe in Islam then all your decisions would be in accordance with the teachings of Islam and thus there would be no arguments.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GreyKode
05-12-2009, 03:51 PM
youre probably just still young

FatimaAsSideqah
05-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Take it to time let you not let your rush —to be in love— drag you into dangerous situations with the wrong people. You need, first, to know the Islamic guidance on how to choose a good Muslim wife and how to be a good Muslim future-husband to be chosen by one. I'm sure your parents want what's best for you insha'Allah, so they probably have good reasons for postponing that. They probably see you are still unprepared, due to your young age or your need to reach a certain level of education first.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.