/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pls help-want2convert

Irum
04-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I m an Indian living in United Arab Emirates.
I wish to convert to Shia Islam ASAP, but am not sure because of my parents.

I know how to perform Namaz and have learnt a lot about the whole religion. I have a lot of friends helping me out as well, but another set of friends who are completely against it. I wear hijab whenever I can, only in front of some of the people or when im in car alone. I am also inbetween reading the Holy Quran.

I live with my parents, and am in my second year of university. My parents aren't veryyy religious, but are very spiritual, and believe in listening to a Master, who is currently alive.
They do not want me to read many religious books and form 'concepts' of what God is, what should be done, etc. and that I should only believe personal experiences.
They have had experiences with Hinduism and spirituality, and they believe I'm too young and ignorant so i should go on their experiences.
They know im becoming more conservative and think im being influenced by all my friends and the environment (since its a Muslim country)
They want me to get more exposure to the world and stuff...n be less conservative..

I m just scared that if I convert, they will disown me and i wont have anywhere to go. I havent even finished my education, and wont be able to if something goes wrong. Also, i'm on my father's sponsorship right now, so i'm not sure what would happen to that. I may get sent back to my own country or something, which won't be good..

I was just wondering if there's anyone who could help me with this and possibly give me advice how to go about it..

Thanks,
Irum

-------------------------------------

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!