/* */

PDA

View Full Version : First post didnt work, but i need the light

zackishere
04-09-2009, 12:30 AM
I have been many thing is the name of religion. I find nothing to compare to Islam. Yet i am plagued by western culture, I have many problems hoping Allah can help me see the path. I am a current drug addict, I cannot live without alcohol, cannabis and nictotine. I have a history of using psychedelics, using crystal methaphetamine and whatever benzo/opiates. I need help i have ordered the free quran translation, yet my life feels as it is going to end. Everytimei get high that i have terrible feelings i am dishonoring allah and out of nowhere nasheeds i heard 5 years ago would play in my head so loud. I really need information, i need group support and actual; followers of the faith to keep me from turning my back opn the truth. Islam Holds the key to untouched literature and discipline. At the moment i am still drinking a 6 pack. I really need help. I realize that text says when alcohol is consumed that you are not Muslim for two months. At the time i NEED to learn arabic, the hadith, and Qu'ran. Any and all information you have is appreciated. I live in San Jose. Ca. if anyone is local that can help my soul be saved from the ultimate pearls of western society, mass media, and false idols. I await patiently for my brothers and sisters to guide me along the righteous true path!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
04-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Approved!

:sl:

brother i am sorry to hear about your troubles, may Allah ease them and help u find your way agian. Ameen

Snowflake
04-11-2009, 10:55 AM
I commend you for wanting to turn your back on falsehood and all that is pleasureable to the Shaytaan. MashaAllah! When the intention behind out efforts is good, Allah makes it easier for us. For your drug problems you should seek professional help. To help you in your deen and quest to seek knowledge, seek the company of good muslims and take benefit from having access to Islamic material on the internet. InshaAllah this forum is a good start.

http://www.islamqa.com/en is another place where you can search Islamic Rulings (Fatwas) and much more and also submit questions to scholars.

I also recommened listening to lectures by Bilal Assad. MashaAllah you will find them beneficial and enjoyable to listen to.

http://www.kalamullah.com/bilal-assad.html

Take one small step at a time bro and inshaAllah you can turn your life around for the better. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala make it easy for you. Ameen. Make lots of duaa for yourself too.

mathematician
04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
salamu 'alaykum,
The best thing you can do to help yourself is to move. Go somewhere else so that you can start fresh. Forget about the past. Seek professional help to get rid of the addiction(s). Being around good muslims will not help you too much to get rid of the addiction. It is not enough. You will need professional help and you need to move to a different place brother, that's if you really want to help yourself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Forced_In
04-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Hello and Welcome,

Some suggested to use professional help for your problems. I agree with that but please note that they can aid you to overcome your situation to some extends but if the real cause of your acts remains you may do those actions again. So I think including that help you may consider Islam as a guideline for life which prohibits such behaviors. Let us remember when muhammad SA was appoined as the profit of God what was the situation of people in Arabia. So much horrible actions and the after a few yours many become muslems whom we now respect them so much.

It seems as if they changed so much that they were no longer the people they used to be. As an example I would be thankful if a brother or sister posts who drinking Alcohol was prohibited, and they way they succeeded in abandoning such a sin. That would be informative to all of us inshaallah. please keep in contact and inform us of your progress and I am sure people here would pray for you and give you suggestions and mental support. Inshaallah.

Peace.

ahmed_indian
04-15-2009, 07:11 AM
salaam,

read Quran translation in ur language like Yusuf Ali's or Pickthall's
read hadith like Bukhari's or Muslim's
read other islamic books also like prophet's biography (extremely useful), basics of islam, islam and science, islam and modernism.

give 2 hrs daily to them and insha'allah after few months, u'll find urself more stronger against the satan and evil desires.

even i have gone thru this

and guidance is only frm Allah, may Allah help u

AnonymousPoster
04-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Assalam walaikum
i've been in quite the same situation as you, except that i was not addicted, i was lured by peer pressure, but Mash'Allah, im trying to turn back to five time swalaat, i managed to quit marijuana, alcohol, and now i'm trying cigarettes.
I managed all that by going to the masjid and changing my environment, i no more hang with those friends with which i used to.
Make duah, go back to the masjid.
those two duah helped me a lot, it still do at times when i feel shaitaan is getting hold over me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-0I3eWt7ao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lptWol6TG9g

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.