/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal Skittles, Starburst & Gummies!

bint Zakir
04-09-2009, 03:04 AM
As salaamu alaikum brothers and sisters

I know halal candies are hard to come by, so I wanted to let you all know that
I'm selling halal Starburst and Gummies, my Skittles are nearly done.

I also am selling some really nice hijabs and hijab pins, check them out and let me know if you want anything inshaAllah! :D

Everything is posted up here, with info and prices and how to order:

http://souq.shutterfly.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-09-2009, 03:08 AM
wa alaikum assalaam wr wb ukhti.

MashaAllah halal of my favorite candies :statisfie Nice! InshaAllah I will check out ur page.

:sl:

GreyKode
04-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Are skittles actually haram? and if so why?
please pardon my ignorance.

bint Zakir
04-09-2009, 03:31 AM
Well, as every matter in Islam it's a much debated matter... But to get to the point, those who avoid gelatin and other animal derived ingredients from non zabiha meat, don't eat Skittles, Starburst, and most gummies because of gelatin being in them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
04-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Skittles don't taste nice anyway...

Fishman
04-09-2009, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
Are skittles actually haram? and if so why?
please pardon my ignorance.
It's probably something to do with the colourings. Some red food colourings are made from crushed insects.

Starburst are vegetarian though (I think), so why would there need to be a halal version?
:w:

S_87
04-09-2009, 10:17 AM

which country are we talking? from what i understand british and US skittles/starbursts are different in ingredients

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-09-2009, 01:32 PM
US skittles got gelatin. Not sure about starburst, but i love starburst :/

bint Zakir
04-09-2009, 03:05 PM
US Skittles and Starbursts both have gelatin.
UK Skittles have E120/Carmine (the insect dye) but the Starbursts are vegetarian.

The candies I have are from the UK, Kuwait, Turkey, and Dubai.

bint Zakir
04-09-2009, 03:08 PM
.. so obviously I'm in the US

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Lol. Nice. Ill be sure to order some halal candy :p

crayon
04-09-2009, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Skittles don't taste nice anyway...
:ooh:
But they taste like the rainbow!

Malaikah
04-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Well... the rainbow was never meant to be eaten! :p

no1
04-16-2009, 11:50 PM
dont you just hate the way everything turns haram just out of anywhere i just hate that

BlissfullyJaded
04-18-2009, 03:29 AM

^ Out of nowhere? They were haraam ever since I can remember.

They are actually making some gelatin free Skittles in the US. I guess it's for the vegetarian people out here. I bought some recently and finallyyy got to taste Skittles. Sooo nice. :statisfie

Strzelecki
04-18-2009, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bint Zakir

I also am selling some really nice hijabs and hijab pins, check them out and let me know if you want anything inshaAllah! :D

You make them?

Is this legal?

Yanal
04-18-2009, 04:57 AM
At least it is halal,rather be legal and haaram or a little of track of the law and halal? That's the real question you have to ask yourself and answer too.

BlissfullyJaded
04-18-2009, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sayf Udeen
You make them?

Is this legal?
No, she does not.

The candies I have are from the UK, Kuwait, Turkey, and Dubai.

Yanal
04-18-2009, 05:09 AM
If she does not make them where does she get them from? By the way that question is directed at the threadstarter.

Strzelecki
04-18-2009, 05:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
If she does not make them where does she get them from? By the way that question is directed at the threadstarter.
Yep. That's my main question.
Surely they're not legitimate. Otherwise they'd be easily accessed.

saba muslimah
04-18-2009, 06:12 AM

oh thats amzing you selling halal :)
i wana buy?????
I love candies & choclates too....:D

nebula
04-18-2009, 06:51 AM
ill bake my own candies! :D

Malaikah
04-18-2009, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sayf Udeen
Yep. That's my main question.
Surely they're not legitimate. Otherwise they'd be easily accessed.
Why? They sell them overseas, not in the UK/USA.

In Australia we have the four n twenty pie. The version of the pie sold in Australia is not halal. But they have a 'export' version that they export to Muslim countries and that is made from halal beef.

bint Zakir
04-18-2009, 02:44 PM
haha, no I don't make them. I get them from overseas - Kuwait, Dubai, Egypt..
The gummies I have are vegetarian gummies from the UK. The Starbursts are vegetarian as well - from Ireland.

bint Zakir
04-18-2009, 02:51 PM
I mean, if anyone thinks it's not legit I have the ingredients up on the site and if you're actually interested you can contact me and I'll send you information from the people who make the gummies, indicating they are gelatin free.

The reason why they aren't that easy to get your hands on here (in my opinion) is because to ship from overseas is crazy expensive and shop keepers wouldn't make much, if any, profit off of selling these items. Also, many shop keepers who do frequent these countries and could bring back some halal skittles and starbursts and what not... don't care and just eat the ones from here anyway (at least the people in my area). All the halal meat shops in the part of NJ I'm in sell the regular Skittles and when told they are not halal they say "it's okay, it's for the non-Muslims", yet when a Muslim picks it up assuming they must be halal they never tell them otherwise.

I honestly don't make anything off of this, whatever profit I make covers the shipping expense... I just enjoy people's happy reactions to getting halal candy =) alhamdulillah

niqabinator
04-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Wow sister, this is really sweet of you! I just joined the forum and already I've found good news lolz. I definitely see some candies and hijabs I will like and I will message you about it in a few minutes! Thanks sooooo much, ever since I heard there was haram gelatin in Starburst I been really upset each time I pass it in the store lolz.

MaymunahKowthar
07-16-2009, 06:45 PM
I had no idea skittles were Haram :? ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.