/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this commercial?

جوري
04-09-2009, 03:42 AM
Media Tags are no longer supported

Caused quite a stir in NY because it wasn't an act...
Are you OK with these kinds of commercials to make a strong point?

I wonder why they don't as well show commercials of live crash scenes due to drunk drivers..

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
coddles76
04-09-2009, 03:55 AM
Oh man that almost broke my heart into like 3000 pieces, Only cause I thought straight away about my son and how he would react in that situation. I guess it does really hit home though, Very strong point!

Vito
04-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Just change "quit smoking today" for "quit drinking today" and the same point would of been made to be honest.

جوري
04-09-2009, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by coddles76
Oh man that almost broke my heart into like 3000 pieces, Only cause I thought straight away about my son and how he would react in that situation. I guess it does really hit home though, Very strong point!

they weren't acting she really left him for the commercial.. people thought it was cruel.. I don't know why they don't do that with drunk drivers too who kill people. just last week a mother of two young children was murdered by a drunk driver.. wonder why not show her crushed skull bleeding and her kids after learning they are now motherless!

at least smoking is a choice, dying to a drunk driver ISN'T..

I hate hypocrisy...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
coddles76
04-09-2009, 04:17 AM
^ Well Yes I agree, I think the reasoning of the ad should have been open to all types of reckless acts in which causes reckless deaths. I was affected by the ad in more the one ways anyhow even though the point was smoking it still tickled my mind to feel really down knowing what my son will do if I wasn't here at his vulnerable age

S_87
04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
i think things like this and even stronger should be shown to really hit home and get people thinking.

aamirsaab
04-09-2009, 01:33 PM
:sl:
I think it is good. Stuff like that has to hit the audience hard, especially in regards to alcohol and cigarettes (which KILL you!). They have a similar style for fire alarms in home and the THINK adverts: hard hitting approach. But it is needed.

People in general need to know (or at least be reminded) that these things can cause so much harm. Best way to do so is by showing them, without the safety gloves!

Mysterious Uk
04-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't think adverts like this work much on smokers, if they wanted to give up i'm sure the fact that the packet saying 'smoking kills' is enough as well as them minging pictures of black lungs and stuff. In my experience the majority of smokers don't give up because they think it won't happen to them (as in cancer and all the rest of the problems).

Whatsthepoint
04-09-2009, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
they weren't acting she really left him for the commercial.. people thought it was cruel.. I don't know why they don't do that with drunk drivers too who kill people. just last week a mother of two young children was murdered by a drunk driver.. wonder why not show her crushed skull bleeding and her kids after learning they are now motherless!

at least smoking is a choice, dying to a drunk driver ISN'T..

I hate hypocrisy...
Well, in the European union more deaths are cuased by passive smoking than drunk driving.
And they do show a lot of commercial aimed at peventing drunk driving here. There was an ad just like the one you posted not too long ago, a baby girl crying in her bed after having lost both of her parents in a car crash caused by a drunk driver. And it was grouped with another commercial showing a young man crying in a prison cell.

Soulja Girl
04-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Oh, the example they used iz real sad :cry: But maybeh, hopefulleh, parents will learn from this and quit smokin if they truly care for their kidz! :><:

Whatsthepoint
04-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I think it's acceptable to show a real life example.
This is also a lesson for parents who leave their children alone in a huge crowd.

Soulja Girl
04-09-2009, 07:38 PM

^I'm sure parents wouldn't deliberately leave their children alone in a crowd, or would they? :?

Güven
04-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I think it's a good reminder, except the fact that they used it for smokers only.

Alcohol is a bigger problem.

Intisar
04-09-2009, 08:46 PM
When I saw that commercial, I couldn't bear it...tears started pouring down my face. The kid was soooo cute and so terrified. imsad

Like someone else said, it just shows the true reality of it all.

جوري
04-09-2009, 09:19 PM
I must admit that I used this commercial on my little niece to frighten her from letting go of our hands or talking to strangers as she has the habit of doing.. she is very outgoing and talks to random people and is constantly running off...

It has a horrifying impact on her I kind of regretted showing it to her as she constantly asks me if the little boy found his mommy or a stranger took him away...

I don't know why I get so easily emotionally upset when it comes to kids, just the other day this 8 year old girl was found murdered and placed in a bag.. It is very jarring to me really. I feel the most harshest penalty should be imposed on criminals from all classes...

May Allah swt have mercy on us, it is a cruel ugly world we live in..

Ansariyah
04-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Thats so sad....

It's not worth the risk....

Güven
04-09-2009, 10:14 PM
It's not that bad , They only took a couple of seconds.

Reuniting with her mother has probably made him really happy that he forgot about the whole thing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.