Silver Pearl
04-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Procrastinators!

I'm just wondering is there a cure?

Please cast your vote!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nebula
04-09-2009, 03:00 PM
i think there is a cure, stop being lazy! get off your bottom and pray! lol, realise the importance of time! we don't have much of it!

Silver Pearl
04-09-2009, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
i think there is a cure, stop being lazy! get off your bottom and pray! lol, realise the importance of time! we don't have much of it!

Now now now, this is a very sensitive issue.

It has nothing to do with praying, most Muslim procrastinators are good at praying on time wal-hamdulillaah.

Al-Zaara
04-09-2009, 05:00 PM
My little pony! <3

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
No - period.

Güven
04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Unicorn?

that horse with one horn ?

what has that to do with procrastinating ? :exhausted

Najm
04-09-2009, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Unicorn?

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Means you doing it right now. And me while im writing this :-[

FiAmaaniAllah

Cern
04-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I say Yes but it is not easy. I find it will usually require a friend or family member to keep me in check from time-to-time.

Silver Pearl
04-09-2009, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
My little pony! <3
Me or the Unicorn? :p

format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
No - period.
Whyyy? There is a cure for everything except death, surely we as intellectual beings can come up with a cure!

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Unicorn?

Unicorns have everything to do with everything. Thats how it is.

najm, thank you for the reminder, I think Guven was in great need of it.

Cern-I suppose that would be good, though I've noticed procrastinators choose fellow procrastinators as friends. As for family, hmmm.

Musaafirah
04-09-2009, 07:18 PM
There must be.
When I put my mind to it I'll get down and get on with the task at hand, complete it, forget about it and then be reminded just before hand in, at which point I've forgotten to edit the text or whatever. Sometimes.
However, me being on here and playing around with my blog is a means of procrastination. Big time.
I pray my salaat and recite Qur'an on a daily basis. This still doesn't stop me from procrastinating with regards to my workload.
I have no idea if it's got anything to do with feeling that I'm on the wrong course.
I originally toyed with the idea of an English lit. degree. Then thought, what the heck am I going to do with it?
Rah. There. Must. Be. A. Cure. <_<
(Is there a unicorn I see??!! LOL!)

Güven
04-09-2009, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
Unicorns have everything to do with everything. Thats how it is.
najm, thank you for the reminder, I think Guven was in great need of it.
Oh I see, It's definitely a problem for me then. :skeleton:

Silver Pearl
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
LOL! Musaafirah-I know exactly what you mean! It can't be to do with the course you're in because all the people I meet say the same thing lool. And your right, its not everything that is left to the last minute. Its just assignment, work related stuff, studies etc. I'm avoiding assignments as we talk lol.

I've always wanted a unicorn lol :p

Guven-Join the club!

Musaafirah
04-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh ya. Now we need a procrastinators Crew.
I nominate thee O' Silver Pearl, to start the crew, coz I'm too lazy to do so. :p.
Yup. I'm putting off doing my poster (I've got 2 weeks left. That's AGES right?!)
As well as studying for exams (First one's in 4 weeks time. What's that I hear you say? I've AGES left??! Hmm? Well I agree with ya there!)

Silver Pearl
04-09-2009, 08:18 PM
That would include majority of the members here :p

lool I can rarely be bothered to post yet alone do anything else. LOL! You do have ages lol :p, I only start to panic about 2/3 days before deadline. And its not the sort of panicking that is followed by work, I just tell everyone I'm running out of time and that I should do some work then I do other people's work (makes me feel better) lol.

Does anyone have Islamic related stuff on this?

Cabdullahi
04-09-2009, 08:26 PM
forget initiating a crew.....we need assistance!!...some counselling.....i have exams coming up and the last thing i want to do is join a lazy group ...we need help :(

Ali.
04-09-2009, 08:28 PM
No.. that's just encouraging a bad situation in my opinion.. procrastination is dangerous and I think everyone 'suffers' from it at one point or another and it is very hard to rid of.. it is basically just pure laziness I think.. I cannot give much advice for this, you could say I am in need of advice for this, other than 'force yourself'.

alcurad
04-09-2009, 08:38 PM
unless it's important enough for you to do it, you won't, as simple as that. try getting involved in whatever you want done, otherwise your doing something half heatedly and wasting your time.
HW's are an exception, I never do those until they were almost due :(.

Najm
04-09-2009, 08:53 PM

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah! Lets not encourage procastinatio, it has very bad effects.

Heres the thread:

I have beaten it many times before, but habits die hard. SubhaanAllah! Stay cautious and be on you guard always.

FiAmaaniAllah

The Ruler
04-09-2009, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SP
Whyyy? There is a cure for everything except death, surely we as intellectual beings can come up with a cure!
Procastinating is not a disease. It's a deed. You can stop doing it... But you can't cure it, you know? Simply because there's nothing to cure.

Silver Pearl
04-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Procastinating is not a disease. It's a deed.
Hmm, I beg to differ. A disease doesn't necessarly have to show physical symptoms. Procrastinators tend to be very aware of their actions and they do try their utmost best to over come it but they just can't. If this is not in need of help, truly I don't think anything is.

I have beaten it many times before
That is a positive feedback, jazaakallaah khayr for the link.

The Ruler
04-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Hmm, I beg to differ. A disease doesn't necessarly have to show physical symptoms. Procrastinators tend to be very aware of their actions and they do try their utmost best to over come it but they just can't. If this is not in need of help, truly I don't think anything is.
Hah... Then I am no longer amongst you procrastinators. I thought I was. *smug*

Yanal
04-10-2009, 04:10 PM
What is proscanating(however you spell it)?

Ali.
04-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Yanal, read the thread and/or get a dictionary.

Yanal
04-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I did but no one seems to know or tell.

The Ruler
04-10-2009, 04:17 PM
pro⋅cras⋅ti⋅nate [proh-kras-tuh-neyt, pruh-] Show IPA verb, -nat⋅ed, -nat⋅ing.
–verb (used without object) 1. to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.

–verb (used with object) 2. to put off till another day or time; defer; delay

Here.

Yanal
04-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah I was going to post that,anyway just remember Allah and the heavens,what you need to do to get in.

Far7an
04-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Get married.

Najm
04-11-2009, 01:29 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatAllah WaBarkatuhu

Here's my answer to a question sent:

"what I do when something works one day and then doesnt work the next?"

SubhaanAllah!! From my own experience as well as yours, its clear the one method doesnt work always, i wish it did but it doesnt!

So you have to develope different methods to overcome the problem. In terms of habits, it has a positive or negative effect. Your mind will always try to beat as what ever method you choose, make sure it has a postive effect.

Heres an example...

First of all i always have a list of things i have to do for the week, these include university work, housework, quran, prayer and then extras (fun time etc :-[)

Then have a plan for the day. Here you must put some fun things in between what your doing. This way you "treat yourself" for doing something.

One of the main thing i still do is have an ACTION plan to help get things done. This works really well in a lot of circumstances.

Action as in "DO IT NOW ATTITUDE"

Zuhr prayer ( which is a must do) It is in between 1.15pm to 5.30pm

Option 1

Theres days when its 1.30om and i feel "tired" so my mind says to me "chill untill 3pm, then do Zuhr"

Option 2
However, ill say to myself lets "DO IT NOW" then i can chill.

Both options are valid because it gets the job done, BUT option 1 has negative impact on you. Because if you continue to chill, you might get even more lazy and wait til the very end of the prayer.

Option 2 is much better, cause from feeling tired, you do the prayer, and you feel great and you know its out of the way. You wont have to think about this for the rest of that time. Its a sense of achievement

Other ways to add impact for "DO IT NOW ATTITUDE", is to say the positive things about the task. Think about sucesses you have had, and what our Prophet ( SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) would have done?

Decide to yourself whats most important and write it on your list of things to do. So when the time come to do the task you know which is most important to do.( This way it helps you mind taking control of you!!)

And finally there is no better day than to start with Fajr prayer and make Dua for overcoming any weeknesses. Alhamdulilah

I hope this helps everyone. Feel free to PM.

Make Dua for me

FiAmaaniAllah

Silver Pearl
04-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Then I am no longer amongst you procrastinators. I thought I was. *smug*
You wish you were a fellow procrastinator!

Far7an- That doesn't work.

Yanal- Inshaa'Allaah

Najm- Inshaa'Allaah, those were actually really good points, I guess I should start making notes for genito-urinary physiology and pathology.

The Ruler
04-11-2009, 02:31 PM

You wish you were a fellow procrastinator!
Uhhh, no... Not really. Not after knowing what misfortune it brings to those who suffer from it.

Al-Zaara
04-11-2009, 04:35 PM

Me or the Unicorn? :p
I will leave you wondering. :D

Procrastination should not in my opinion be called or referred to as a disease, haha.
You just want a reason to call us all sick, mad and useless! Don't you! ;D

Read me...

aadil77
04-11-2009, 07:56 PM
to be honest its because we don't have other stuff to do because if we did we would spend less time on here, well this is true for me atleast

Ummu Sufyaan
04-21-2009, 03:59 AM
:sl:
Procrastinators!

I'm just wondering is there a cure?

Please cast your vote!
i dont know, but please let me know if there is imsad :exhausted:heated: :p

Na7lah
04-21-2009, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Get married.
lol best advice yet ;D

alhamdulillah i've grown out of my procrastination habit slowly, just don't leave anything till later and reward yourself when you finish something lol *Note: this doesn't work for everyone

Woodrow
04-21-2009, 04:13 AM
Everybody who posted on this thread is hereby declared an ex-procrastinator and has been kicked out of and banned from all worthy procrastination societies.

The true and ideal procrastinators have not gotten around to posting on this thread. they are the finest examples of procrastination.

Sorry, you all have failed as procrastinators.

YusufNoor
04-21-2009, 04:33 AM
:sl:

methinks this poll would go nicely with a burger. which i will gladly pay you for next Tuesday...

which is when i shall make my pick.

maybe...

or not...

who knows...

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.