/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salat & Qiblah for BlackBerry

Badr22
04-09-2009, 07:01 PM
As many of you, I carry a BlackBerry phone. I've been quite unhappy with some of the applications out there that provide prayer times. So instead of complaining about it, I decided to build my own app.

The app I built provides prayer times based on your current location using GPS, has an audio call to payer and provides the direction to Mecca using the build-in BlackBerry maps feature.

If you'd like to know more about the app, you can visit my website at www.salatapp.com

Would like to know what you think of it. I'm open to feedback and ideas for improvement.

Thanks!
Badr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Strzelecki
04-10-2009, 05:08 AM
May Allah (swt) reward you ahkee.
Ameen.

Huma*
04-10-2009, 06:43 AM
:sl:

Great effort! I am a blackberry fan..

Badr22
04-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Many thanks Humaira and Sayf Udeen for the kind word of encouragment.

I converted to Islam in 2003, and found that I had to do more to show my faith and thank all of those that had helped me (and that continue helping me) learn and understand the faith.

I also found that praying five times a day was sometimes difficult in a country that was not predominantly muslim (Canada in my case). When your friends and coleagues at work don't pray, it becomes easy to omit a prayer, especially during the day.

That's where the idea for the app came. I figured that everyone caries their phone, so if it provided you with the times and a alarm to remind you of each prayer, there was no more excuse for missing a prayer!

Insha'Allah, I hope that my Muslim brothers and sisters will find the app useful and will help them pray five times a day more consistantly.

Badr

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.