/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to prove life after death scientifically

peaceandlove
04-09-2009, 07:10 PM
:sl: to all

Well , i want to ask "How to prove life after death scientifically" , i want to answer this to some non-muslim (in another forum )but don't have much knowledge about this , so can any body guide me about this question , how to answer him properly.
Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
04-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Bump

:sl:

- Qatada -
04-10-2009, 04:53 PM
:salamext:

Some of the arguments in the Qur'an are that if you believe that Allah can create you once when you were nothing, why can't He bring you back to life once again?

Other examples include Allah sending rain to bring the dead land back to life, so when it was dry and dead - Allah sent rain and all sorts of fruits/vegetables and plants grow of different tastes, smells, colours etc. for our benefit, and for our animals [which we also benefit from.] Without this reality, we would be dead. It's a sign that Allah brings the dead back to life.

Also, think about how we were all just sperm and an egg. And now we've become an amazing creation which we can hear and see, speak and smell, and get married and have relations so that we ourselves can have children of different personalities and looks.

http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/a...sm/signs-1293/

AntiKarateKid
04-10-2009, 04:57 PM
How about proving life before life to prove life after death?

Let me explain!

I don't buy the "universe has always been here" trash. It's here and it came from somewhere. Reality came from somewhere. Therefore something had to have created all that we know to break the chain of infinite regression in our creation question.

So logically we can say that we have God---> Universe---->God

Because nothing material is eternal and after something dies it goes back to the entity that initiated creation.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
04-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Tell him that there is life after death because first we must look at how we came to existence... its very simple Allah created us and the universe so he can easily bring us back to life no doubt about that.

So people believe the world came into existence due to the big bang theory that nonsense well let me ask them a question, them being the sciencetists and people who believe this nonsense, Where did the matter and materials that created the "big bang" come from? where they just their by fluke?

Answer: I think not!, Allah created this universe and i believe it wasn't because of some big bang.

Zafran
04-10-2009, 09:05 PM
salaam
The Quran gives the analogy of the plant/ dead earth.

similar to the plant or the dead earth - when it seems to be dead and finished the season comes and with water the dead earth/ plant becomes alive again.

"Thus We bring back to life the dead earth, and the coming back to life of the dead on the day of resurrection shall be similar." (50:11)

This explains it preety well

[22.5] O people, if you are in doubt about the Resurrection, remember that
We first created you from dust, then, from a sperm drop, then from a clot,
and then from a bitesize tissue formed and unformed, so that We might
clarify for you. We establish in the wombs whatever We will for an
appointed term, and then We bring you forth as infants, then you come of
age. Some of you die, and some of you are kept back to the vilest state of
life, after knowing somewhat, they know nothing. And you see the earth dry;
but no sooner do We send down rain upon it than it begins to quiver and
swell, putting forth every fine variety (of herbage).

[22.6] That is because Allah is the Truth; He revives the dead and has
power over all things.

[71.17] Allah has caused you to grow out of the earth,
[71.18] and to it He will return you. Then, He will bring you forth.

so just like we can empirical verify the plant/dead earth coming alive in a specfic time - so will the human after he/she is dead :)

peace.

AabiruSabeel
04-10-2009, 09:33 PM

Suppose we develop a new mobile or a technique with which we can communicate with a human foetus in the mother's womb.
We tell him/her: in a few days/weeks you are going to come into a beautiful world. You will see green plants, fragrant flowers, huge mountains, blue sky, rains, rainbows, etc.
The baby (foetus) replies, this is the age of scientific advancements. Everything you say should have some scientific explanation for it. Let me explore and experiment and use all the scientific tools to see if all that even exists.
Then he starts exploring inside the womb to look for any evidence for the existence of this "beautiful world". Will he find any evidence for it?
He will say, I have used all available scientific means, and all I could find was dark, tight packed walls, some liquid and nothing else.
So according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says there is no such world.

Now how will you explain the existence of this world to someone who has not yet arrived here? Similarly, we cannot prove the existence of the Hereafter, Jannah and Jahannum using the scientific tools. All we can do is to rely on those who have seen it, and to believe in the Words of the One who created us.

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala has shown our Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam the punishments of the Fire and the Bounties of Paradise. We are blind with respect to life hereafter, and our Prophet is the one who has seen it. Now its the duty of the blind to follow the one with eyes so as to save himself from falling in a ditch.

:w:

peaceandlove
04-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Thanks all for reply, good replies.:statisfie

K.Venugopal
04-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Life continues after death because death is only a change of form of life. Life was neither created nor will it ever cease to be. There is naught else but life, in various forms.

Chuck
04-11-2009, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peaceandlove

Well , i want to ask "How to prove life after death scientifically" , i want to answer this to some non-muslim (in another forum )but don't have much knowledge about this , so can any body guide me about this question , how to answer him properly.
Thanks
Science cannot prove that unless some technological breakthrough that makes it possible. In science you could not prove many things 200 years before, it is dependent many limitations, thats why people who are familiar with the philosophy of science never say science is not really about truth, but it is about discovery. There is a difference between discovery and truth.

ahmed_indian
04-15-2009, 07:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Suppose we develop a new mobile or a technique with which we can communicate with a human foetus in the mother's womb.
We tell him/her: in a few days/weeks you are going to come into a beautiful world. You will see green plants, fragrant flowers, huge mountains, blue sky, rains, rainbows, etc.
The baby (foetus) replies, this is the age of scientific advancements. Everything you say should have some scientific explanation for it. Let me explore and experiment and use all the scientific tools to see if all that even exists.
Then he starts exploring inside the womb to look for any evidence for the existence of this "beautiful world". Will he find any evidence for it?
He will say, I have used all available scientific means, and all I could find was dark, tight packed walls, some liquid and nothing else.
So according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says there is no such world.

Now how will you explain the existence of this world to someone who has not yet arrived here? Similarly, we cannot prove the existence of the Hereafter, Jannah and Jahannum using the scientific tools. All we can do is to rely on those who have seen it, and to believe in the Words of the One who created us.

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala has shown our Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam the punishments of the Fire and the Bounties of Paradise. We are blind with respect to life hereafter, and our Prophet is the one who has seen it. Now its the duty of the blind to follow the one with eyes so as to save himself from falling in a ditch.

:w:
jazaak Allah khair bro

VizierX
04-16-2009, 08:44 AM

Thanks
You can't do it scientifically as science is limited to describing the empirical world only. Don't fall into the scientism trap. Science is extremely useful but its a tool with definite limits.

Zone Maker
04-17-2009, 10:49 AM

To me the prove is the memory.
I'm not sure how to explain it but I will try my best.
Lets for example take the "30 second memory myth" that a fish have.
You see for some one to be aware of his existence one should have memory and experience cause through his sad and happy memory he will be aware of his actions therefore aware of the world he exists in. When it comes to a fish's memory "believe me I know It's a myth" It is like he is beginning a new life every 30 seconds not AWARE of his existence in th past in other words the fish is not aware of his entire existence he is not aware that he is alive. My point is let us take a human who was written for him to die at specific time and place as time goes on his brain along with his corpse will turn into ash meaning his memory is lost along with awareness of his existence it is like he didn't exist from the very beginning no matter how much you live even for a million year as long it is finite.Everything he experienced in life from hard work, sadness, happiness, pain, childhood, etc will be lost in other words from the dead man's point of view he did not exist from the beginning that means he is not aware of his life yet for some reason as I am witting this I am aware of my existence this tells me two things that either I will live for eternity and have infinite memory to be aware of myself "which is ridiculous" or I will be resurrected and face the results of my life "GOD have mercy on me" and live for eternity with infinite memory which explains my awareness of my very existence.
I am sure many if not all of you will never understand a single word of what I have written and of course this my own opinion and my way in proving life after death "which might not make sense".
Anyway can someone please tell me how to change my username.

thanks.

czgibson
04-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Greetings,

Thanks
The first step would to find some evidence that supports the idea of life after death.

Remember also that, since you're talking to a non-Muslim, any argument that begins with belief in Allah and Islam is not going to be convincing.

Peace

Ali_Cena
04-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

The first step would to find some evidence that supports the idea of life after death.

Remember also that, since you're talking to a non-Muslim, any argument that begins with belief in Allah and Islam is not going to be convincing.

Peace
Well there is no evidence for life after death; as if there was then surely, everyone would belief in life after death, and in God. This would subsequently destroy the test; which is the purpose of life; to see if you can pass the test of belief. I mean (not to go off topic) but if you could prove and see God, then everyone would surely be believers, and where is the test? There isn’t? So logically it makes sense that you can’t prove the afterlife.

Peace Gibson

czgibson
04-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_Cena
Well there is no evidence for life after death; as if there was then surely, everyone would belief in life after death, and in God. This would subsequently destroy the test; which is the purpose of life; to see if you can pass the test of belief. I mean (not to go off topic) but if you could prove and see God, then everyone would surely be believers, and where is the test? There isn’t? So logically it makes sense that you can’t prove the afterlife.
You are absolutely right. It's not often that the word "prove" gets used correctly on this forum, but you've managed it here!

The test you mention has always struck me as strange (why would god be impressed by people who believe things for which there's no evidence?), but that could be another topic.

Peace

Ali_Cena
04-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey Callum,

You are absolutely right. It's not often that the word "prove" gets used correctly on this forum, but you've managed it here!
Thank you for the compliments, :statisfie

The test you mention has always struck me as strange (why would god be impressed by people who believe things for which there's no evidence?), but that could be another topic.
You see Gibson that’s the test; to see whether or not you believe without scientific proof, and wouldn’t that be impressive I mean you have gone out of boundary’s set by science to accept it. Now there is evidence empirical, and the evidence comes from the Quran, and the sunnah, you could also include the beauty of the universe, the beautiful creation of mankind; with all these systems which help survival; take the instance of mothers who are pregnant are immune to migraines, that will help with all the stress you have wouldn’t it be great to be at least immune to migraines, now you might argue about evolution but that has been dealt with, and unfortunately closed by Uncle Woodrow.

Not to go too off topic.

Peace

czgibson
04-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_Cena
You see Gibson that’s the test; to see whether or not you believe without scientific proof, and wouldn’t that be impressive I mean you have gone out of boundary’s set by science to accept it.
I don't understand why that would be impressive. Believing things when there is no supporting evidence strikes me as being foolish more than anything else.

I'm not trying to offend here, I'm just giving my honest response.

I also think that what we're discussing now is directly related to the topic of the thread.

Peace

Ali_Cena
04-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Greetings,

I don't understand why that would be impressive. Believing things when there is no supporting evidence strikes me as being foolish more than anything else.

I'm not trying to offend here, I'm just giving my honest response.

I also think that what we're discussing now is directly related to the topic of the thread.

Peace
Callum let me stress this very important point; which is a fundamental in searching the truth. Its not about what you think is right and what you think is wrong; take the example of committing an affair, you want to do it and it feels good for you, so does that make any religion that goes against committing an affair wrong to you? Just because God knows best, and you think otherwise you assume that religion is wrong. Its now about what you think is the truth, its about what is the truth. Fact and opinion are two very different things. I mean then it would just be “your little truth” in which you are hiding from the real truth. I am sure you already know this but, having analysed most of your posts against religion I find the term “I don't like this...” and let’s assume I liked to drink wine and get drunk, and my religion says no, just because I like it does it mean my religion is wrong? No. Then that’s just my little truth; thinking wine is ok, whilst hiding from the real truth.
I don't know if you understood me but reply, and well discuss.

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.