/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can we pray for Non-Muslim who left this world ????

sirajstc
04-10-2009, 11:55 AM
i got the answer jaza kalla kahair :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
convert
04-10-2009, 12:33 PM
No. The Prophet was forbidden to pray for his uncle when he died.

sirajstc
04-10-2009, 02:00 PM
okzz i got the answer jaza kalla kahair

wth1257
04-11-2009, 12:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
No. The Prophet was forbidden to pray for his uncle when he died.

I forget where that is in the Qur'an?

Or was it in the Qur'an?

I've been trying to find where that happened but can't reecall.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
04-11-2009, 12:53 AM
You got the answer but any how,how will that help them? They were not Muslims when death arrived so..

rpwelton
04-11-2009, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
I forget where that is in the Qur'an?

Or was it in the Qur'an?

I've been trying to find where that happened but can't reecall.
I'm not sure if the Qur'an explicitly talks about this prohibition in response to Muhammad's action, but there is a passage about the same thing being told to Abraham:

"And Abraham prayed for his father's forgiveness only because of a promise he had made to him. But when it became clear to him that he was an enemy to Allah, he dissociated himself from him: for Abraham was most tender-hearted, forbearing." (9:114)

sirajstc
04-11-2009, 05:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
You got the answer but any how,how will that help them? They were not Muslims when death arrived so..

“We are certainly allowed to make du`a’ for our non-Muslim relatives and friends who are living; we can pray for them for their health, wellbeing and guidance. But the most important prayer that we can do for them is to pray for their guidance to the path of Islam; we must do so on a continuous basis. Our prayer for guidance for them should be complemented by our earnest efforts to persuade them to embrace Islam through wisdom and beautiful preaching. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “If a single person were to be guided to the right way through your efforts that would be better for you than owning the whole world as a treasure!”

Allah says, “It is not fitting for the Prophet and the believers to pray for the forgiveness of the polytheists, even though they may be near kin (to them) after it has become clear them that they are the people of Hell.” (At-Tawbah: 113)

- IqRa -
07-21-2009, 03:01 PM
No we can't.

And Allah Knows Best.

- IqRa -
09-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Allah says, “It is not fitting for the Prophet and the believers to pray for the forgiveness of the polytheists, even though they may be near kin (to them) after it has become clear them that they are the people of Hell.” (At-Tawbah: 113)
I've been looking for this for ages! Jazaak Allaah Khayr!

ieshia
09-25-2009, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sirajstc

Well polytheists means people who believe in more than one god like Hindus, Greek Gods etc.
So you can pray for anyone who belongs to Abrahamic religion.

sirajstc
10-02-2009, 08:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
I've been looking for this for ages! Jazaak Allaah Khayr!
baraka Allah fekum:statisfie

Laila01x
10-02-2009, 08:39 AM
But we can pray for non-muslims to see the light of Islam right?

sirajstc
10-02-2009, 08:44 AM
we can pray he is alive 4 hidayath :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.